Cyber Sub ending audio?

ZoopSoul

Just beat the game only to receive an ending without audio... Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

I was wondering the same thing myself. Thought my audio ****ed up.

I do find that the audio in this game is low, though.....When I am fighting, the sounds are loud and the music is low, and when I get an ending, the narration is low.

I get an unfinished vibe from Cyber Sub in general. 1 costume, crappy fatalities, crappy X-ray, a mix of Sub, Cyrax, and Kung Lao's moveset...there's nothing new or interesting about him at all.

I'd just as well he not have been included at all.

I liked Sub-Zero's character in general and thought the Cyber twist was entertaining enough, but I wasn't a huge fan of the ending. The lack of narration didn't really bug me, what bothered me was that apparently Shao Kahn's essence was poured into Sub-Zero and converted him into Cyber Sub-Kahn. It didn't really mesh with his character's motives and it looked as if Kahn wasn't dead and was willingly offering his essence. Just didn't like it too much...

I get an unfinished vibe from Cyber Sub in general. 1 costume, crappy fatalities, crappy X-ray, a mix of Sub, Cyrax, and Kung Lao's moveset...there's nothing new or interesting about him at all.

I'd just as well he not have been included at all.

I like the fatalities and the X-Ray. The combo of specials work well and the ice parry is a new addition (to a character in this game). I'll agree that he's unfinished. Pitty as he's become my second favourite character. I hope for his alt costume as DLC.

You're also forgetting his normals are different.

What really sucks is that Sub-Zero's ending reveals information about his background, but Cyber Sub's ending reveals nothing. Even though its irrelevant since both Sub-Zero brothers are now dead, Sub's ending at least reveals why they're in the Lin Kuei. Cyber Sub...would've been nice to have an ending relevant to his character.

Though have you noticed how the dev team pick a certain character to hate with each new generation of MK?

Starting at MK3, it was Johnny Cage (Due to the Daniel Pesina Debacle)

Starting around MKDA, it was Liu Kang

Now, they seem to hate Sub-Zero...his story involvement was inconsequential and he just seems like a second rate character...not to mention he was always getting killed in preview vignettes, lol.

I also found it odd that they clearly favor Scorpion but his involvement in the Story was so minimal.

Edit (apologies for bumping this since its about 3 weeks old. I just beat this with CSZ and was looking around to see if the audio missing was just that I had a messed up copy of the game. I didn't pay attention to the timestamp before ranting here).

This most definitely bugged me and it comes across as unfinished.

CSZ is another in the line of half-finished last minute additions to MK games (see Meat, Blaze, Mokap, etc).

He really should have been SZ's unlockable alt instead of a separate character (being what people said above he's just Cyrax, SZ, and Kung Lao hashed together).

Another thing I don't like about him is that he seems to be a tad slow compared to most characters as far as his attacks go, but he's SUPER fast dashing. So much so that it threw me off completely my first round w/ Shao Kahn.

I agree that if they couldn't have put the full effort into a full ending, better fatalities (because both are really awful. I can't believe someone here actually said they liked them. I hope they haven't seen Baraka's "Lets Go for a Spin" fatality, which is the best in the game IMO) and a real separate moveset, then I would have rather he been DLC and not included at all.

Its a waste of a character and a waste of development effort (no matter how much or little) that could have went into polishing other things on the game like tweaking some of Shao Kahn's glitches.

I don't think his ending needs narration it's kinda self explanatory. I feel that a good idea for his second costume would be how he looked at the end of his ending.