Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9?

First they have to realese DLC that we dont have any yet, then we can talk about a new edition.

I wouldn't like it. Capcom is a money hungry company. I would just like the DLC, then the next game. After a few games, mash them together for a new UMK.

It would be great if they eventually released a "Ultimate" (or "Final", or ?) Mortal Kombat which includes _everything_ (i.e. all DLC) on disc and has _everything_ unlocked.
The reason for this is that I am somewhat of a collector and I don't "trust" things I merely downloaded. There are so many ways DLC can be lost. I hope to be able to still play of game of MK9 in ten years or so, similar to the way I still can play cartridge-based SNES and Genesis/Mega Drive games now...

Personally I'd be fine with it, it could even come in the form of DLC (add on to MK9 to become UMK9) Like SSF4 Arcade Edition

As DLC, I'd be fine with it to extend the life of the game, like what Rock Band 2 did.

As a whole new game, I'd go around punching babies.
The Kollector's Edition cost me $100, and I'd be ÜBER f****** pissed if they just came out with a whole NEW game disc, just to add extra shit.

Just wanted to get every1's thoughts on how would u feel about there being an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9 simillar to what Street Fighter 4 did with Super Street Fighter 4

More Fatalities, Characters, Arenas

New Soundtrack (I know Dan can do so much better then whats in MK9)

Personally I'd be fine with it, it could even come in the form of DLC (add on to MK9 to become UMK9) Like SSF4 Arcade Edition

I agree about the music! He could do so much better! And yea, a good title would be simply "Ultimate Mortal Kombat"

;)

someone mentioned more - hidden fights - I think that would be great. But keep them well hidden and maybe new chartacters to fight - and different too :)

I like the hidden fights as you see the fighter and I avoided learning what you have to do, still managed to fight one of them :)

I'd rather just have DLC, or a special edition for people who don't own the game (like RE5 Gold).
Because I wouldn't want to pay $60 for a game I already own, just with new stuff. Give us DLC, not a new game.

I'd rather just have DLC, or a special edition for people who don't own the game (like RE5 Gold).
Because I wouldn't want to pay $60 for a game I already own, just with new stuff. Give us DLC, not a new game.

I second this fully. Exactly how I feel on the matter.

I can expect UMK9 as a GOTY version over a total revamp like SSFIV. In order to release a whole new disc based game they'll need to pump out a lot of content to make it worthwhile as even people complained when Super came out, which is ridiculous and proves that the players didn't appreciate the content they got compared to Capcom's antics back on the snes and genesis days which we're at full price... Anyways fighters contain much more replay value than that action game you'll be buying at full retail price.

If it was DLC, I'd be down with that for sure. But I wouldn't want it to be a new retail disc. Part of what irked me about Super Street Fighter IV is that it made the regular SF4 worthless. Really by that point, I wasn't THAT into Street Fighter to buy the same game over again with bonuses. In this day and age with downloadable content, doing what you suggested as DLC would be a good way to extend the life of the game.

I wouldn't like it. Capcom is a money hungry company. I would just like the DLC, then the next game. After a few games, mash them together for a new UMK.

This. The game is only one month released with no dlc yet and to say they will release a UMK it is just like you pay for a demo or beta.

Seriously, the game just came out. We haven't even got DLC yet. It is WAY too early to be talking about this.

And, additionally, I'm against the idea. DLC updates are fine, but I'll be pissed if NRS starts jerking us around like Capcom.

capcom said at first you can download the super part of 4 as dlc...then they were like no you have to buy a new 60 dollar game....i really hope this doesnt happen with mk9.

Seriously, the game just came out. We haven't even got DLC yet. It is WAY too early to be talking about this.

And, additionally, I'm against the idea. DLC updates are fine, but I'll be pissed if NRS starts jerking us around like Capcom.

Would-be presidents usually start planning their campaign one or two elections before their own.

It's never too early to talk about it.

Hope WB/NRS doesn't piss me off and try to milk money out of me because they know I love MK. :l

This is what I hope for -- after all the DLC is released, sell everything on disc in form of a "UMK" or "MK Gold" ...

capcom said at first you can download the super part of 4 as dlc...then they were like no you have to buy a new 60 dollar game....i really hope this doesnt happen with mk9.
The game was not 60$ on release it was 40$. Including 10 new characters, an extra ultra to every character, new stages and a great balancing job (much better than AE). Definitely worth the price if you ask me... Also I think there could've been way worse; BlazBlue with it's 7$ per character or MvC3 leaving out 2 nearly finished DLCs then charging 5$ a pop.

That's why it makes more sense for a G.O.T.Y. edition to come out with all the upcoming DLCs like Fallout 3 did. I don't expect MK9 to go crazy on characters (only a few memorable ones left to add) or to have game changing features like a 2nd X-Ray (Extra Fatalities and others don't fit into this category) and they can already handle the balancing on the fly.

My Ultimate Mortal Kombat

Import/ Export all DLC, Arenas, Characters, Costumes, Modes & Finishers from MK9
Add NEW section to the Krypt with Concept art for DLC Characters and Arenas plus unlock Character Vignette and Arena Bios
Add 4-6 NEW Chapters to Story Mode(Tell the Story of Shinnok)
Add 300 Challenges to Challenge Tower(Hell go big make it a 1000)
Add Hari Karies
Add Classic fatalities (for those that don't get one by DLC) Kiss of Death ect.
Add Arenas (from MK4-A) like the Slaughter House, Neathership, Prison,Ying Yang Island, Quan Chi Fortrees, Lin Kuei Palace Add NEW Arenas with Stage Fatalities
Add Missing Stage Fatalities for the Bell Tower, Goro's Lair, Rooftop, ST Garden, SK Throne Room, Graveyard, Armory and the Wasteland
Add characters: Reiko, Shinnok, Fujin, Havik, Tanya, Bo Rai Cho, Taven, Deagon, Sareena and at least 2 New characters.
Add Interactive Arenas Knock threw
Add Survival mode(Endurance) where you fight everyone on one life bar.
Add More secrets fights NPC Montaro(no need to do Fatality animations, makes it possible) and Meat ect
Add more Kombat Kodes Slow Motion, Blood and bounce ect.

Might to much to ask for

Add 1 NEW X-Ray per fighter
Add 1 pic and audio to everyones ending about beating Shinnok
Add Ninja Mime The Movie Short( Cooking With Scorpion)
Add Minigames Chess kombat and Puzzle Kombat or Motor Kombat
Add 1 more new Costume for every character
Add Have Fighters Vignette play when you chose them in Ladder
Add Chose your Destiny Fight all Evil/Good or Game specific MK1 tower ect

Similar to Red Dead Redemption Nightmare ($39)

Last edited: