Ranked Matches Discussion

roastedbagel

Hey guys, first off let me start by saying I searched both google and this forum, and as easy as a question I thought it was, I can't seem to find a simple answer (not even in the instruction manual because I didn't get one with the game).

Can someone explain what the Ranked Match is vs. the regular match fight when playing online?

Also, I saw a post here related to Ranked Match about people cheating or something, or that it prevents cheating? What are people actually doing to cheat? Like hiding or modifying their stats or something? I thought this perhaps because I picked someone to fight last night who had a really shitty ranking like mine (0/5 or something), and this person whooped my ass, almost flawless victory on both rounds, I thought to myself there's no way he's never won before.

Again, sorry if the question is completely noobish, but I searched everywhere and nowhere could I find a site that just explains what Ranked Match actually is. Thanks in advance!

Re: Questions on Ranked Match and Cheating?

I believe a ranked match is supposed to match you with someone of similar skill/record.

Pretty sure it isn't possible to modify your stats...

I've seen plenty of people online with 1,000 wins/losses/disconnects so I think theres some bug or something that is letting a person raise them to 1,000.

I've seen plenty of people online with 1,000 wins/losses/disconnects so I think theres some bug or something that is letting a person raise them to 1,000.

I've seen this too and I suspect it's more likely another problem with Gamespy and/or MK itself. There are far too many people with the 1,000/1,000 crap to all be hackers or bug abusers.

Cheating, however, is possible due to the many crash bugs. Someone who is losing can just crash the game (it becomes desychronized) and then the match ends with neither a win or a loss for either player.

This all makes sense, and yes, I saw the 1000/1000 as well. Thanks for responding!

What's your current Ranked and Player match stats.

For example: My record for now.

Ranked: 18 wins, 2 losses/ Best streak: 10

Player: 238 wins 41 losses / Best streak: 38

Characters: Mileena, Sheeva

Most losses against: Ermac.I ****ing HATE Ermac.

Its fun to see where everyone stands right now and how well you're all doing. Sorta like a report card.

EDIT: BTW List your character as well guys.

Last edited:
Re: What's your current Ranked and Player match stats.

79 - 66 with kano and jax - i ran into an ermac as well, i was like 77 - 55 lol till that ermac, i had to keep trying to beat him, and i got owned

i always challenge alot of the high ranked ppl though, guys that have insane win/loss records... fighting just any newb doesnt do it for me ;x

I'm like 21-14 now, my last match I let someone get their turtle achievement. I think, last night anyways, I was ranked in the 700s, I'm about 18-4 as Johnny Cage in that though.

The character I see the most is Noob Saibot... And I often see people spam his shadow moves at you NONSTOP. A lot of people lack skill and if you put time in this game like I have, it's really hard to prepare yourself for someone who's not going to do anything but spam crap at you, it makes you stupid. Like this one match, I tore this guy/gal up who was using Kitana in the first round.. Then he took two rounds from me by spamming her fan throws. The only time I could get hits in were when they back in to a corner, and then it was only so long until the game anti-cheesed them out and the repeated... For some reason, I went stupid, and it wasn't until I had lost that I thought to myself.. "why didn't I just throw forceballs?" probably would have won..

Re: Ranked matches...

tried no end but not had a ranked match or player match ever!!! load of crap......

have to join lame rooms in the home of finding a decent non lagging player.....

3-1 in Player Matches

Sub-Zero was my main but after playing with the first 8 characters at the top of the select screen. I think Kitana and Liu Kang might replace him. I enjoyed playing with Scorpion, Kung Lao, Ermac, Reptile, Cage and Sindel too. Only character I haven't liked is Jade.

My current stats

1v1 Ranked - #5 12-3

2v2 Ranked - #2 18-3

2v2 Win Streak Ranked #1 - 12 Win in a Row.

mines pretty crap lol 24/30 i think i was screwing around with characters i didn't know before now i play smoke

mines pretty crap lol 24/30 i think i was screwing around with characters i didn't know before now i play smoke

Dot worry about it man we all start out like that lol. Once u find a character to stick too im sure ull do better. Besides you're doing better than peeps who have records like 16-135 lol.

Everyone seems to be doing great thus far, keep it up people