MKX Storyline Speculation

Jion_Wansu

So this thread is for the Mortal Kombat 10 (eventhough it would be MK9. I don't count MKvsDCU, because it's a versus game) storyline thoughts and speculation.

Shinnok said that Earthrealm and Outworld will not be able to defend against the forces of the Netherrealm. What if Shao Kahn aligns himself with Earthrealm against the Netherrealm as a sort of retribution/punishment for breaking the rules of Mortal Kombat.

Well usually when 2 or more characters have the same ending, its canon.
So I'm thinking/hoping Liu Kang, Shang Tsung, Kano and Jax's endings are true.
Especially Shang's, that would be absolutely amazing.

didnt you guys play story? Judging from the story the next MK might suck due to the fact that most of the original cast will not be returning

So this thread is for the Mortal Kombat 10 (eventhough it would be MK9. I don't count MKvsDCU, because it's a versus game) storyline thoughts and speculation.

Shinnok said that Earthrealm and Outworld will not be able to defend against the forces of the Netherrealm. What if Shao Kahn aligns himself with Earthrealm against the Netherrealm as a sort of retribution/punishment for breaking the rules of Mortal Kombat.

^ Didn't shao kahn die? Maybe they killed off a lot of the old characters because they want to bring new characters for the next game, but yea it sucks ass.

didnt you guys play story? Judging from the story the next MK might suck due to the fact that most of the original cast will not be returning

This actually might happen, so they can focus on the lesser liked characters like Kai, Havik and Drahmin.

Don't go crazy hating on this idea just yet.
They worked wonders on the likes of Stryker and Sheeva, they can do it for the post UMK3 characters too.

I just hope they don't throw out Cyber Sub-Zero, I love his story!
Him and Cyrax can team up to stop Sektor and the Lin Kuei!

Here's what I hope for MKX (becuase MKDC is MK8. canon or not. You cant ignore that fact)

1. Shinnok. Of course he will play a big role. Thank goodness. He's my favorite boss. I never like Shao Kahn.

2. I hope the dead ppl REMAIN dead. As in I dont want a "returning cast" save the survivors, of course ;) I want NRS to expand on such characters as Tanya, Kai, Havik, and Hotaru. Especially Tanya. And i'll repeat once more - TANYA.

3. Keep Sheeva and Stryker around and strong. They have gained a new momentum in this game and should not be halted (again) in the next game.

4. Keep Subby as a cyborg. He's a hell of a lot more interesting and likable this way to me at least. He's also miles above Ketchup and Mustard already!

I think those are my only requests for now. Ill edit if I think of something more.

Here's what I hope for MKX (becuase MKDC is MK8. canon or not. You cant ignore that fact)

1. Shinnok. Of course he will play a big role. Thank goodness. He's my favorite boss. I never like Shao Kahn.

2. I hope the dead ppl REMAIN dead. As in I dont want a "returning cast" save the survivors, of course ;) I want NRS to expand on such characters as Tanya, Kai, Havik, and Hotaru. Especially Tanya. And i'll repeat once more - TANYA.

I think those are my only requests for now. Ill edit if I think of something more.

Do you even know who died?!?

I don't think I could live if they remained dead!

Spoiler:
Nightwolf, Kitana, Liu Kang, KABAL, Noob Saibot, Jax, Kung Lao, Cyber Sub-Zero and a few more I don't remember

As long as I get Noob Saibot back...
Preferably teamed with Scorpion...

This.

Hopefully this is the premise for Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice.

Scorpion, Noob and/or Sub-Zero hunting Quan Chi for his kung fu treachery.

Although I must admit, it was ****ing awesome how Noob was killed in this game :)

This.

Hopefully this is the premise for Mortal Kombat: Fire & Ice.

Scorpion, Noob and/or Sub-Zero hunting Quan Chi for his kung fu treachery.

Although I must admit, it was ****ing awesome how Noob was killed in this game :)

Yep
Unless he pulled something out of his ass to escape the Soulnado like Scorpion did in MK:DA

Do you even know who died?!?

I don't think I could live if they remained dead!

Spoiler:
Nightwolf, Kitana, Liu Kang, KABAL, Noob Saibot, Jax, Kung Lao, Cyber Sub-Zero and a few more I don't remember

Also:

Spoiler:
Jade, Sindel, Shang Tsung (Kahn absorbed his powers to give to Sindel), Stryker, and Smoke also died. So with most of the good people/heroes dead. I think Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Shujinko, Taven, Fujin, Tanya (if Shinnok doesn't turn her evil), Sareena, Kai, and maybe even Scorpion (since he is Boon's favorite) will join forces together with Raiden, Sonya, and Johnny Cage to build the team of heroes.

Last edited:
My favorite part was when Scorpion decided not to kill Sub-Zero!

It showed he wasn't some babbling idiot with no conscience like he is usually portrayed, even though he was tricked into doing it anyway, I loved it!

Hopefully he corrupts the Soulnado, sending all the souls to hell where they multiply Shinnok, Quan Chi or Noob's strength.

Maybe Noob's encounter with the Soulnado will cause his Elder Sub persona to try and split from him.
Possibly a bit like Siegfried and Nightmare in Soul Calibur

Maybe Noob's encounter with the Soulnado will cause his Elder Sub persona to try and split from him.
Possibly a bit like Siegfried and Nightmare in Soul Calibur

!!!

I like this!

This way we keep Normal Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub-Zero, and Noob (Or Saibot).
I'd love to see what Bi Han thinks of the Lin Kuei turning his brother into a machine, and of Sektor running the Lin Kuei.