MKX Storyline Speculation

My theories:

1. Mileena is now the new ruler of Outworld with both Tsung and Kahn dead. Shinnok and Quan Chi will try to take the realm from her. Keep in mind that her only real reasons to join Shinnok in the original story was because she was killed by Kitana and reborn in the Netherrealm. That didn't happen this time around, of course. Raiden, still changing events to ensure Armageddon's prevention, will take this as an opportunity to convince Mileena to join Earthrealm's
side and repel Shinnok's invasions.

2. Of course, Shinnok and his legions of darkness will escape the Netherrealm and begin their quests to rule all of the realms.

3. With the Netherrealm a deadly threat now, Earthrealm and Outworld may have to join forces to stop Shinnok. Reptile, in particular, may become a force for good should Raiden inform him about what really happened to his race. Shao Kahn did kill off the rest of his race, but Shinnok and his war with Raiden, which took place in Earthrealm, basically killed off the majority of the Saurian race. Like with Scorpion and his dead clan, Raiden could make a deal with Reptile that he will ask the Elder Gods to bring his race back from the abyss should he help protect Earthrealm.

4. Rain's backstory, goals in life, and ultimate role in the series will be revealed (good or evil).

5. Tanya will be a major villain again, like last time.

6. Shinnok could find out about Quan Chi keeping his amulet instead of giving it to him.

6. Johnny Cage will be the one to defeat Shinnok. However, Raiden could take him to Seido, the realm of Order, to train him to become a warrior powerful enough to defeat Shinnok, like in his ending.

7. Sub-Zero's MK4 ending, instead of Scorpion's MK4 ending, will happen this time around, including Scorpion killing Quan Chi. Thus, no Deadly Alliance.

8. The war against Shinnok will be longer and more epic this time around.

9. Liu Kang is not under Quan Chi's control, may not be dead even, but he won't be the one to defeat Shinnok. He will rebel against Raiden if he is not dead or revived by the Elder Gods; in fact, he may be swayed to fight for Shinnok; Shinnok could lie to him and tell him he is an Elder God fighting for a greater cause. He could also use his disappointment in Raiden as bait, and tell him that the dead Earthrealm warriors (including Kitana) have already been resurrected and "joined" Shinnok's side, which would ultimately sway him to Shinnok's side.

Last edited:
My favorite part was when Scorpion decided not to kill Sub-Zero!

It showed he wasn't some babbling idiot with no conscience like he is usually portrayed, even though he was tricked into doing it anyway, I loved it!

OMG! I hate Quan Chi so much! It would've been AWESOME to see these two get along and actually form a legit tag-team in the storyline. But no said the bald sorcerer, he had to go and f*** up a good thing. I was so ticked off when he showed up after the fight!

The endings that I want to be canon are Shang Tsung, Liu Kang and Sub-Zero.

It could be a great side storyline if Sub-Zero and Scorpion team up, Sektor & Quan Chi would team up as well.

Sektor uses Quan Chi for his portals and sorcery.

Quan Chi uses Sektor's clan for protection.

My favorite part was when Scorpion decided not to kill Sub-Zero!

It showed he wasn't some babbling idiot with no conscience like he is usually portrayed, even though he was tricked into doing it anyway, I loved it!

I agree, My favorite part was where he said he will spar his life, When Quan CHi showed that clip i was like "NO DONT DO IT!"
But, It was pretty awesome anyways.
And the dead characters have to get revived, It wouldn't be Mk without them.

didnt you guys play story? Judging from the story the next MK might suck due to the fact that most of the original cast will not be returning

Haven't you played past games? Many characters have died at least once. MK9 was...
Spoiler:
Kitana's second time dying, I believe.

one thing is sure....liu kang will become evil if he's not dead.

I hope reptile will finally get his race back...

Spoiler:
Jade, Sindel, Shang Tsung (Kahn absorbed his powers to give to Sindel), Stryker, and Smoke also died. So with most of the good people/heroes dead. I think Li Mei, Bo Rai Cho, Shujinko, Taven, Fujin, Tanya (if Shinnok doesn't turn her evil), Sareena, Kai, and maybe even Scorpion (since he is Boon's favorite) will join forces together with Raiden, Sonya, and Johnny Cage to build the team of heroes.

Spoiler:
I can't imagine Tanya fighting on the good side. She's way to passive aggressive and *****y. :p

Last edited:
What yall have failed to mention is that Kano could sway to either side.
He does not have a preferred side, it's just who pays him is who he joins.
I think this could be a great way to make him a hero instead of a villain.

I can see them changing the sides of certain bad characters to good ones.
If Earthrealm does ally with Outworld then that could start a chain of events to keep them allied and prevent Armageddon.

Honestly? Ok....If no old characters are in mk 10 especial smoke noob and HUMAN sub zero then im not buying it not even joking call me *****y infact call me whatever you want but like I said no smoke noob and sub no buying.

Honestly? Ok....If no old characters are in mk 10 especial smoke noob and HUMAN sub zero then im not buying it not even joking call me *****y infact call me whatever you want but like I said no smoke noob and sub no buying.
I'm sure it'll disappoint NRS/WB if 1 less person buys it.

I don't think Noob died .... he was absorbed by soulnado, but, I don't think that's enough to kill a member of brotherhood of shadow so powerful as Noob is ..... Noob is not human anymore, he is a strong wraith and can recompose himself and escape from soulnado, and come back to get revenge. NRS did such wonderful job on giving Noob personality in this game, that could be such waste of potential just assume he is dead in the next game.

There are some characters that cannot , indeed, "die" : Scorpion, Noob and Raiden are imortal, and when defeated or dead, they take some time to return , after spending some time rebuilding themselves.

** Maybe Ermac could be imortal too, since he is an "amalgam of souls" fused in one body .... maybe if his original body is destroyed , or those souls are free forever, or , they can rejoin in a new body, and Ermac, this way, can rise again, always.

Last edited:
Quan Chi can bring to live anyone he wants ..... he did it to Sindel, so, if he wants, he can make any of "good guy" who was dead, to return back .... but, since Sindel came back totally evil, maybe the condition to come back is being ..... brainwashed and serving the evil side ..... anyway, Raiden could find a way to convert them back to good side, I guess ......

Problem is that our beloved characters are in Netherrealm, and that place is the hell itself, and seems to corrupt , maybe forever ???, the soul of any person ..... but, MK story can be once again changed, and Raiden , with help of Elder Gods, surely can find a way to make our heroes "good guys" be , once again, good persons .... maybe he can summon some spell and magic, ancient one, that can do it. Raiden is a God, Quan Chi is a dark/black magic necromancer sorcerer, so, theorically, Raiden is more powerful than Quan Chi, and can cheat death.

I'm sure that just because many of the good characters died in story mode, that doesn't mean they won't be returning. Quan Chi said it himself...Kahn promised him the souls of any vanquished warriors during his invasion, so everyone that died immediately became his slave. I'm almost positive that at least some of them will return, and will possibly be able to break free of their imprisonment by Quan Chi. While at the same time, it would be really shocking and an opportunity for a clean slate in Mortal Kombat to keep those characters dead and gone, I just don't see them continuing the series without certain characters.

I don't think Noob died .... he was absorbed by soulnado, but, I don't think that's enough to kill a member of brotherhood of shadow so powerful as Noob is ..... Noob is not human anymore, he is a strong wraith and can recompose himself and escape from soulnado, and come back to get revenge. NRS did such wonderful job on giving Noob personality in this game, that could be such waste of potential just assume he is dead in the next game.

There are some characters that cannot , indeed, "die" : Scorpion, Noob and Raiden are imortal, and when defeated or dead, they take some time to return , after spending some time rebuilding themselves.

** Maybe Ermac could be imortal too, since he is an "amalgam of souls" fused in one body .... maybe if his original body is destroyed , or those souls are free forever, or , they can rejoin in a new body, and Ermac, this way, can rise again, always.

if ermac is destroyed, he will never comeback as a whole again because all the souls contained in ermac will escape.

!!!

I like this!

This way we keep Normal Sub-Zero, Cyber Sub-Zero, and Noob (Or Saibot).
I'd love to see what Bi Han thinks of the Lin Kuei turning his brother into a machine, and of Sektor running the Lin Kuei.

I really like the idea of having Bi Han back in his original form, have the two Subzero's team up to take down the Lin Kuei and have Sektor become more of a main interest villain.

To elaborate more on the storyline in the next game i'd like to see Scorpion kill Quan Chi at some point and brake free of being a pawn when I have never been able to see him as one.

Have Smoke come back as a servant of Shinnok (not that I have anything against him I just think it would be interesting to see Smoke battle against Sub Zero(s). Also, have Liu Kang turn into a more gray area character as I have seen suggested, morally confused and erratic are characteristics I would like to see in him as I have always found him way too boring to get into. Have Reptile find a way to cloak back into a more human form, kind of a mix between his classic mk ninja garb and appearance in mk4 and make him have a more active role and less of a pawn or not one at all. I would get rid of Baraka, Kano and Sheeva for sure in the next one though because I just can't find them relevant anymore and they are overshadowed by more interesting characters.

I would like to see Kai enter the old role that Liu Kang had as the "white knight" of Raiden's and have some sort of struggle with Lui Kang later to get him to side with Raiden once more. Also would love to see Fujin enter into a more active raiden-esque role as in leading into battle but still having Raiden more or less planning things out in the background. Reiko take on an almost unhealthy interest in become ruler of outworld and become a very dark character.

Whooo...sorry that was a lot to get out but I find the story development very interesting.

I really like the idea of having Bi Han back in his original form, have the two Subzero's team up to take down the Lin Kuei and have Sektor become more of a main interest villain.

To elaborate more on the storyline in the next game i'd like to see Scorpion kill Quan Chi at some point and brake free of being a pawn when I have never been able to see him as one.

Have Smoke come back as a servant of Shinnok (not that I have anything against him I just think it would be interesting to see Smoke battle against Sub Zero(s). Also, have Liu Kang turn into a more gray area character as I have seen suggested, morally confused and erratic are characteristics I would like to see in him as I have always found him way too boring to get into. Have Reptile find a way to cloak back into a more human form, kind of a mix between his classic mk ninja garb and appearance in mk4 and make him have a more active role and less of a pawn or not one at all. I would get rid of Baraka, Kano and Sheeva for sure in the next one though because I just can't find them relevant anymore and they are overshadowed by more interesting characters.

I would like to see Kai enter the old role that Liu Kang had as the "white knight" of Raiden's and have some sort of struggle with Lui Kang later to get him to side with Raiden once more. Also would love to see Fujin enter into a more active raiden-esque role as in leading into battle but still having Raiden more or less planning things out in the background. Reiko take on an almost unhealthy interest in become ruler of outworld and become a very dark character.

Whooo...sorry that was a lot to get out but I find the story development very interesting.

If I could make love to you through your computer screen, I would.

The only part I don't agree with is taking out Baraka, Kano and Sheeva.

Reiko (New ruler of Outworld) could banish the Tarkatans, forcing Baraka to form some questionable alliances.

The Black Dragon gets overrun, with Kano narrowly escaping, he blames Kabal for not having his back and holds a fierce grudge against him.

Sheeva could fight Motaro for control over the remnants of Kahn's armies.

And for your idea about Kai, + rep.
I've been saying what you're saying for months.