MKX Storyline Speculation

This actually might happen, so they can focus on the lesser liked characters like Kai, Havik and Drahmin.

Don't go crazy hating on this idea just yet.
They worked wonders on the likes of Stryker and Sheeva, they can do it for the post UMK3 characters too.

I just hope they don't throw out Cyber Sub-Zero, I love his story!
Him and Cyrax can team up to stop Sektor and the Lin Kuei!

Cyber Sub Zero died too...

Here's what I hope for MKX (becuase MKDC is MK8. canon or not. You cant ignore that fact)

1. Shinnok. Of course he will play a big role. Thank goodness. He's my favorite boss. I never like Shao Kahn.

2. I hope the dead ppl REMAIN dead. As in I dont want a "returning cast" save the survivors, of course ;) I want NRS to expand on such characters as Tanya, Kai, Havik, and Hotaru. Especially Tanya. And i'll repeat once more - TANYA.

3. Keep Sheeva and Stryker around and strong. They have gained a new momentum in this game and should not be halted (again) in the next game.

4. Keep Subby as a cyborg. He's a hell of a lot more interesting and likable this way to me at least. He's also miles above Ketchup and Mustard already!

I think those are my only requests for now. Ill edit if I think of something more.

Stryker died. This ending better not be canon cause ALL the big fan favorites died except mileena and scorpion

Epic triple post.
I think the Black Dragon could be used a lot more in this game.
The rivalry between Red and Black dragon should be shown more rather than just mentioned.

I haven't gotten all of the endings, but from what I have seen I'm going to assume:

Sektor takes over the Lin Kuei.

Cyrax joins the forces of good and hangs out in the Shaolin Temple.

Noob will probably find some way to come back, but I doubt he would split intoo two forms. Mainly because I think Bi-Han is completely corrupted as hinted at in CSZ's chapter.

Liu Kang is definitely not Raidens "champion" if he does come back.

Ermac's arcade ending seems canon to me. Probably not the part where he chills with Kitana and Sindel, but him being controlled by a major soul like King Jerrod and changing to the side of good.

I really have no idea where they are going with killing off the good guys... It was so lame and they all died without reason. It was more depressing than anything.

I would love to see Ermac's ending become semi canon.
That would be pretty awesome having King Jerrod in the game.
Even if it through Ermac.

Canon means that it goes according to the story.
Like Ermac's ending in Deception, that was considered Canon since it actually happened in the MK universe.
While most of the other endings did not really happen, and are considered noncanon.

Call me crazy but:

Armageddon took place because the Elder Gods felt that the kombatants were getting out of hand and could tear the realms asunder, right? So, the cause of Armageddon was the Elder Gods.

I think I know how Raiden prevented Armageddon.

I can't explain CSZ, but I can explain Johnny being saved.

Okay. Follow me on this trigger of events. Johnny was SUPPOSED to be killed by Motaro, but Raiden killed Motaro instead. In reaction, Shao Kahn gave Sindel insane power to kill the heroes. AND SHE DID.

NOW, Quan Chi has 10 souls (I'm not counting Liu Kang) under his control. Shao Kahn is defeated, and Shinnok is on the rise.

My Theory: The only way to prevent Armageddon is to kill the Elder Gods, whom started Armageddon themselves.

The main difference between the current story and the MK4 story from the past is:
-There are fewer heroes.
-Quan Chi has control over the 10 heroes.
-Liu Kang is no longer faithful to Raiden.

What difference does this make? Shinnok and Quan Chi now have the army to destroy the Elder Gods, in the 10 heroes. Not to mention, they could easily use Stryker to get aid from military from Earthrealm, Jax to get aid from Special Forces, and Kung Lao get aid from the Shaolin. Quan Chi has ten very powerful souls in his hands.

Raiden has put forth a chain of actions that will destroy the Elder Gods and himself. So my theory of the next game is:

Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kai, Fujin, Ermac (restored now that Shao Kahn is gone and is possibly King Jerrod), Cyrax (turns good much like MK4), Scorpion (in hopes to destroy Quan Chi), Noob (read Scorpion), and possibly Mileena for the sake of Outworld...

VERSUS

Shinnok, Quan Chi, Tanya, Rain (manipulating Edenia), and the 10 warriors.

Possible Outcome:
-Shinnok would succeed in killing the Elder Gods.
-Raiden would be killed.
-Fujin would be killed.
-Ermac or some Deus Ex Machina of some sort could bring the dead heroes back.
-Scorpion and Noob team up to kill Quan Chi.
-The heroes destroy Shinnok.
-The heroes reunite, but must live on in a world without the Elder Gods or Raiden's guidance.
-Liu Kang is neutral to everything.

Ermac could absorve de dead heroes souls and then separate them from his body resucitating them.

I think
1 - I think Earthreals heroes ( that are left ) and Outworld / Edenia's villans and heroes will join forces to stop the Netherrealm - Shinnok and Quan Chi
2 - Or some people who were evil in the original timeline turn good like Ermac , Tanya , Sindel and others

Their are so many outcomes we can come up with, this is what i like about mortal kombat. The story can just go in any direction, but like most are saying i see a alliance b/w good and evil. Or a deadly alliance like sub zeros ending would be cool.

Call me crazy but:

Armageddon took place because the Elder Gods felt that the kombatants were getting out of hand and could tear the realms asunder, right? So, the cause of Armageddon was the Elder Gods.

Okay. Follow me on this trigger of events. Johnny was SUPPOSED to be killed by Motaro, but Raiden killed Motaro instead. In reaction, Shao Kahn gave Sindel insane power to kill the heroes. AND SHE DID.

NOW, Quan Chi has 10 souls (I'm not counting Liu Kang) under his control. Shao Kahn is defeated, and Shinnok is on the rise.

My Theory: The only way to prevent Armageddon is to kill the Elder Gods, whom started Armageddon themselves.

The main difference between the current story and the MK4 story from the past is:
-There are fewer heroes.

What difference does this make? Shinnok and Quan Chi now have the army to destroy the Elder Gods, in the 10 heroes. Not to mention, they could easily use Stryker to get aid from military from Earthrealm, Jax to get aid from Special Forces, and Kung Lao get aid from the Shaolin. Quan Chi has ten very powerful souls in his hands.

Raiden has put forth a chain of actions that will destroy the Elder Gods and himself. So my theory of the next game is:

Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Kai, Fujin, Ermac (restored now that Shao Kahn is gone and is possibly King Jerrod), Cyrax (turns good much like MK4), Scorpion (in hopes to destroy Quan Chi), Noob (read Scorpion), and possibly Mileena for the sake of Outworld...

VERSUS

Possible Outcome:
-Raiden would be killed.
-Fujin would be killed.
-The heroes reunite, but must live on in a world without the Elder Gods or Raiden's guidance.

It would be absolutely amazing if the storyline follows this route. In the end all the realms would be reduced to post apocalyptic worlds which would be true to the dark and grity environments which MK always was meant to have.

Call me crazy but:

-There are fewer heroes.

VERSUS

Possible Outcome:
-Raiden would be killed.
-Fujin would be killed.

I love this.

Also allows the dead characters a way/reason to return in the next game through Quan Chi & Shinnok.

I don't mind Raiden dying but Fujin should stay alive - so that he can replace him.