5 Least Used Characters?

The character rankings on TheMortalKombat.com
is disappointing :(

The bottom 5 as of now are

Mileena, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi, and Sheeva
in that order.

Mileena's popularity has probably went down because people
are disappointed with the Challenge Tower prize.

Sindel is unpopular maybe because she killed all those characters, peoples'
favorite characters.
But shouldnt that make people want to play her because they think
shes really strong. She's not bad at all
She can be a really good projectile spammer and
her hair whip gives her some range.

Sheeva has never really been that popular.
And due to her being really slow and huge target, people
are turned off by that. Fun to play as though.
Can be deadly if used right.

Not sure about Shang Tsung but Quan Chi seems nerfed
from his MK4/Deadly Alliance counterpart.

Im really disappointed about Ermac being 6th least used character
though. He's awesome. And really powerful. Top tier material.
People will see his potential soon enough.

I also noticed the Earthrealms warrriors (Lui Kang, Sonya, Cage, Jax, and Raiden) + Scorpion
are the most used characters. People like playing as the good guys I guess lol.
Glad to see Jax and Sonya up there.

Last edited:
wow I am shocked with all the dislike with Sindel, she is so good in this game. I felt they made her such a faster stronger character, her x-ray is awesome, she has such fast combos. I was so happy they gave her better moves. In Armageddon she looked bad, had a horrible variety of moves.

Nightwolf, I find his disliking to be interesting. it seems no one really likes him but he has an awesome move set. his reflect move is great. love his lightning attack and his arrows. And its funny as I say this I know I rarely use him but when I do I love playing as him.

for my least used:

Shang Tsung - which sucks because I love him storyline wise. I think he is a great character I just cannot stand his move set. the up/down fireballs seem impossible to do. Granted the enhanced ground fireballs seem to be cool. Just revamp his move set

Do you really think they'll cut Mileena from the next game? Well I hope they don't, but it's obvious she's a favorite among the NRS employees. They probably have certain characters on a "reserved" spot for the next game.

There is a point : a lot of newbies, that has not none interesting in get deeply in online competition, will pick popular characters, and characters that are "easy-going" and friendly to learn, the type they can learn a couple of combos and stick with ..... there are a great part of 14-15 years old dudes, who ask their dad to buy the game, in sort only to them play with Scorpion ..... LOL ! "Hey, dad, I wanna play with Scorpion, please, please, buy MK 2011 to me ! I swear I will do my school homework before starting to play !"

Some characters that are not popular, or, hard to master, will not be in the top spot in that list, but, this not means characters are bad for being in the bottom of list ..... this MK seems more balancing that any other previous MK title, so, it's just a matter if people have interesting in try to learn all characters, or, just stick with half-dozen of favourites, and rarely, use others diferent that those (personal favourite).

Lol, Mileena, Sindel, Shang Tsung, Quan Chi and Sheeva are among my favourites characters, they are being rejected for now, so, this motivates me to train well with them.

i totally agree with ya on Stryker but also i will say Nightwolf should not be removed i mean i actually like him to the fact that he is an apache Shaman. with myself being almost 40% apache makes him awesome. Plus he has a nice dmg output and has so many useful tools and damaging combos

I was actually surprised at how awesome Nightwolf is in this game. I always liked him but I didn't expect to see him own the competition as much as he does this time around.

I kind of wonder what they are basing this off of... online plays? My PSN has been down for days, and I heard there was a systemwide outage. I am also astonished by Mileena. According to my stats, she is my second most used character (Kitana is one, Smoke is three). Mileena is incredibly strong in this game.

The others I am not really surprised about. I rarely use Sheeva or Shang Tsung. Other characters I don't use often are Kano, Nightwolf, Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Sindel. I mostly just don't really like Shang Tsung. I find Sheeva too clunky. I hardly like even fighting against Shang Tsung in one player mode... I find him boring.

I kind of wonder what they are basing this off of... online plays? My PSN has been down for days, and I heard there was a systemwide outage. I am also astonished by Mileena. According to my stats, she is my second most used character (Kitana is one, Smoke is three). Mileena is incredibly strong in this game.

I wonder about this as well. I haven't actually connected my game with the website yet, but I plan on doing so as soon as PSN is back up and running.

Last edited:
Quan Chi!? Really!? but he is so awsome and some of the best combos and moves in the game! He has so much potential if ppl practice a little with him!

There really is no speculation of why the list is as it is. It is heavily skewed towards good characters as story mode and challenge tower are the 2 modes most people either start off with or finish completely. Story mode has the good guys only that are playable (except Scorpion/Cyrax) and what do you know? They are on top while the bad guys are on the bottom, even some more popular ones. Sheeva is really low because she is only forced on you to play as her for a few challenges before 300; not many will even get that far and the earlier characters (Jax/Sonya/etc.) will get used more. Reviewers and the more casual players aren't going to spend much time playing versus so you can't expect to see certain characters at the top based solely on that mode.

If it was only online character choices, the list would be a lot indicative of popularity but it is not. Just another mistake by NRS.

Well according to TMK.com the 5 least used characters are

5. Mileena - 18 million
4. Quan Chi - 12 Million
3. Sindel - 12 Million
2. Shang Tsung - 11 Million
1. Sheeva - 6 million... LOL SHEEVA

I couldnt find the list in the site, can someone give me a link directly there? Also i really like quan chi.

I think its impossible people like more Jax, Sonya and Johnny Cage than Ermac, i really dont get it, although when i play online ermac is choosen many times... he is awesome along with the rest of the ninjas.

I dunno if a direct link will work but here is me trying.

http://www.themortalkombat.com/lead...=overall_favorite_character&inputPageNumber=1

I dunno, I don't trust that list. There is just something not right about it. Ermac 6th from the bottom? I don't get it, the guy is a freaking beast. Noob seem too low on that list, I see people playing Noob like crazy that it makes me feel like his numbers on that site are way too low. Kung Lao seems pretty high up there, I'm surprised because I didn't know that many people even liked Kung Lao.

Last edited:
I think its impossible people like more Jax, Sonya and Johnny Cage than Ermac, i really dont get it, although when i play online ermac is choosen many times... he is awesome along with the rest of the ninjas.
Yeah, because your online plays represent millions and millions of characters choices every day right?

That's the official list on the official MK site. It's the best information you can get from the most playable character...

Yeah, because your online plays represent millions and millions of characters choices every day right?

That's the official list on the official MK site. It's the best information you can get from the most playable character...

Whatever, there is no way Sonya is the third most used character in any mode, i think she isnt even in the top 15.