Official Online Lag Discussion Thread ~ Please do not make anymore threads

The Lag is RIDICULOUS!!!

They still cant fix this issue even now. I thought it was my internet speed, so i upgraded my internet but that wasnt ever the problem. I cannot connect any combos online anymore before getting hit by the lag. Its every match I play now. Before it wasnt as bad like lag on a match 2/10 times, but now its every single match! Theres no way to play online now besides just spamming the whole time. Sick of NRS & Gamespy that cant even solve this issue.

Re: The Lag is RIDICULOUS!!!

the way you used all caps made me think of that one spell in harry potter that sounds like that word you used. As if you are screaming at the lag and you will use magic to fix it

online sucks, yeah i know it's a dissapointment but it's been that way forever so theres nothing you can do about it

but I think NRS owes us another dlc character for how shitty the online was. Anyone agree?

I agree, sometimes it depends entirely on who you are connecting to.

I sometimes wonder if Mics have an effect, as strange as it sounds. Often i've played someone, it lags, we restart the match and it's fine.

I would say that problem is 70% GameSpy servers, 30% player.

Never have I played a game, that crashes, because I choose to use custom controls, which apparantly the Servers cant handle from time to time.

The only time I have lag issues is in KOTH or I play someone with a crappy connection. Also, my ping is extremely low, which is important for connecting to others online.

tumblr_lsgdh7tiUD1r3l1d6o1_400.gif

(Deal with it)

Went online, played four games, all four, desynced. So i've come off.

Fvcking joke. Tomorrow it will be fine.

Seriously, what the **** is the problem, cause that shit really pisses me off now.

Went online, played four games, all four, desynced. So i've come off.

Fvcking joke. Tomorrow it will be fine.

Seriously, what the **** is the problem, cause that shit really pisses me off now.

I'm sorry, i know the feeling, its a pain.

I'm glad you are speaking your mind about it. And I hate it how people who have something to say about the shitty online are always shot down fast. As if no one has a right to to speak out against poor service. I dont know that's just something that's always annoyed me on this forum. But It doesnt matter to me anymore cause I stopped playing online alooong time ago.

Re: Online Lag, Unplayable

You are certainly in the minority here....consider yourself very lucky.

It was pretty bad for me the last time i was online...the delay was just enough so that when you hit the block button it doesnt actually respond until you're already getting destroyed by the other person's attack/combo. Im staying off of the online stuff until NRS makes a statement saying theyve made some fixes.

yeah I agree with you. But some people say "just practice muscle memory" lol what losers who accept NRS's lack of professionalism to its customers and try to deny or get by the serious horrible lag issues.

Re: So, How do you handle the lag?

I dont, I prefer to play offline, lagless without input delay, and without having to deal with 5 scorpions in a row.

oh god I remember the scorpions, It was a dark noobish time

I stopped playing online by the time the DLC characters came around. which of the 4 were the most abused online? Anyone?

Re: So, How do you handle the lag?

Mmm, sometimes when i play online, in the first round i try to figure out what's the time of the input delay. Then I have no problems to do short or long kombo strings. Sometimes, specifics kombos doesn't work (like 35% Mileena or 40% Tsung, both of them without using any bar) but I'm fine about, if the lags affects me, so my opponent is also affected (at least, a bit).

btw, I hate Scorpions online. Didn't they know that catching you with the spear they drain off about 36% or 40% of your life. But noo, the only thing they do is the 111, 111, 111, 111, spear, 111, 111, D,B,4, 111,111, ... **** that.

If you know the pattern then why do you keep getting caught lol.

online sucks, yeah i know it's a dissapointment but it's been that way forever so theres nothing you can do about it

but I think NRS owes us another dlc character for how shitty the online was. Anyone agree?

YES and new maps too.

Even offline tournament players sort of have this problem so get use to it?

Last touranment I went to we were forced to play on laggy LCD t.v.s Worse than online lag IMO.

Then for the ACTUAL TOURNAMENT (we played friendlies for warm up all morning on LCD). we played on tube t.v.s. So I had to like.. RELEARN EVERYTHING lol. Me and Pig played like training mode for like 6-9 minutes before we even played our match. my execution was "ok" but I still dropped some MAJOR stuff. But pig was in the same boat as me, He was just able to adapt to change quicker.

yeah I agree with you. But some people say "just practice muscle memory" lol what losers who accept NRS's lack of professionalism to its customers and try to deny or get by the serious horrible lag issues.

The lag isn't that bad. Is not even a second imo.

this is not lag related but....i cant play online most of the time, i get the following message:
"The network connection has been lost. Make sure you Ethernet cables and router are connected properly"
I dont use wireless and i'm able to play other games online without any problems.
Maybe is the router? do i need to open certain ports? please help..
this is starting to piss me off, i cant play when i want to :(