Official Online Lag Discussion Thread ~ Please do not make anymore threads

Re: I just talked to Ed Boon personally here in Las Vegas about LAG.

Congrats OP. Many thanks for the info. Glad you had a great time and got to meet Ed Boon.

Off topic: What's this Human Reptile Concept that everyone keeps talking about???

This is for people in general:
Removing the bomb trap is so stupid, is very easy to scape from it, dont block just jump, is so hard that? i hate chars nerfing, people has to learn from their rivals instead of crying cause of "unbalance" so NRS nerfes the chars.

NRS doesn't nerf because people cry. They nerf because they also see the imbalance of the character.

Congrats OP. Many thanks for the info. Glad you had a great time and got to meet Ed Boon.

Off topic: What's this Human Reptile Concept that everyone keeps talking about???

Its in the MK artbook that came with the kollectors edition game.

Its in the MK artbook that came with the kollectors edition game.

Oh ok. I tried searching for the pic on google, but didn't come up with anything. Can anyone PM a pic of it, if they don't mind?

Re: I just talked to Ed Boon personally here in Las Vegas about LAG. Picture for Proo

Awesome dude thanks for the leak here, I was hoping something about lag would be fix, plus new alts? hellz yeah!

Well since it's not released on PC then looks like you'll have to deal with the lag if you wanna play it lol

Its going to come whether its a month or a year, I reckon it will be Ultimate MK 9. Till then I will have to play on my mates console. :(

No lag for me at all

Don't know what you guys are talking about...

Ever since psn came back up last night. I've had about 20 matches now and haven't experienced the dreaded lag everyone is talking about.

I didt get a couple of closed sessions while playing with a a guy but other than that, I've been able to pull of some nice combos.

It's not perfectly lag free, andbin KOH there was a tone is lag, but so far my 1v1 fights have been pretty darn good and I'm happy with it.

upcoming patch and balancing/the testers must have been all male and really high

cant wait for the new patch to fix the god awful laggy online. i have 60 mg hi speed wired and still laggy as hell. some fighters dont even need the freakin xray. their combos do 40% or more damage just using 5 hits, while others do 10-15 hits like sindel, kitana and mileena get 30% damage? thats total bs. not to mention sexist. Sindel is the QUEEN who murders half the cast yet shes so weak during the tournament? whatever.
Im really hoping it gets balanced because right now, the game is unplayable online and totally broken. Dont even get me started on Smoke or Noob.
also i think if you get hit b4 your opponent launches xray, it should stop the xray. But your hit gets absorbed and goes right through. xray prevails. theres damage but its like the awful rage from mk dc. its unfair. i love mortal kombat, its my favorite fighter but i feel Netherrealm fed us a load of lies. Ed says theres Zero lag, netcode was built from day one, blah blah, and they had pro testers for months. wow, ed must be smoking some good stuff.
what do you think?

Re: upcoming patch and balancing/the testers must have been all male and really high

I think you need to relax. I'll agree although I've not experienced it the lag is a glaring issue.

Re: No lag for me at all

lucky you...ive tried 5 matches today before i gave up...the lag is present....it was either throw a controller or turn it off...**** THE ONLINE until its patched

Re: No lag for me at all

Not sure if I had bad luck, congestion or small ninja patches from NRS but My online is tremendously better than before PSN went down. It's no where near what I would like it to be but it's playable for me now. KOTH is pretty bad but 1v1 is well enough to play and not suffer losses as a result of the bad lag every match. It happens still and because of lag+input delay, a lot of combos are hard to pull off online but they are doable.

Re: upcoming patch and balancing/the testers must have been all male and really high

cant wait for the new patch to fix the god awful laggy online. i have 60 mg hi speed wired and still laggy as hell. some fighters dont even need the freakin xray. their combos do 40% or more damage just using 5 hits, while others do 10-15 hits like sindel, kitana and mileena get 30% damage? thats total bs. not to mention sexist. Sindel is the QUEEN who murders half the cast yet shes so weak during the tournament? whatever.
Im really hoping it gets balanced because right now, the game is unplayable online and totally broken. Dont even get me started on Smoke or Noob.
also i think if you get hit b4 your opponent launches xray, it should stop the xray. But your hit gets absorbed and goes right through. xray prevails. theres damage but its like the awful rage from mk dc. its unfair. i love mortal kombat, its my favorite fighter but i feel Netherrealm fed us a load of lies. Ed says theres Zero lag, netcode was built from day one, blah blah, and they had pro testers for months. wow, ed must be smoking some good stuff.
what do you think?

Did you not read my thread about the lag situation?

what do you think?

regarding the xray armor. it's ok and it doesnt absorb all hits. some are instantly dodged like sheeva if u uppercut her she gets hit and stops xray and some have aromour to withstand 2-3 hits but they are not invincible and some are unblockable but therefore easily stopped by punching etc. so i think its ok.

YEAHHHHHHHHH I finally got to play my first online match and I won. Dude was Sub-Zero and all he did was freeze like a ***** but, whatever, still couldn't win =)

The lag was so damn awful, oh my god....I had no idea it was THAT bad. It was really hard to play.

AHAHAHAH, did one ranked match. Oh god it's unplayable, could barely do two punches in a row. I've won, though! ahah :p

YEAHHHHHHHHH I finally got to play my first online match and I won. Dude was Sub-Zero and all he did was freeze like a ***** but, whatever, still couldn't win =)

The lag was so damn awful, oh my god....I had no idea it was THAT bad. It was really hard to play.

I played and won my very first online match today as well. Had to use the 2 day online trial as I am unable to register my Online Play access code. I have to agree with you Jade. I was reading all about the lag and didn't think, for a second, that it was THIS bad. The game is really close to flat-out unplayable in its current state.

1 v 1 matches work great for me!

KOH is really really bad though....

Tried playing online today ... gave up after 5 failed matches in a row .. shit's retarded right now. I can't play one on one with anyone coz the server never connects me to a game, dont have any friends online right now who play MK, and in the rooms its just dreadful...i select a player, barely, and the match hardly starts before it "closes". F that. Really annoying.

I just wish i knew if my connection is the problem or if it's happening for everyone when they join fights in rooms...

I played my first few matches today also.

I'd say most were 90% representative of offline play.
I could sense some people's intolerable lag during the selection screen and then simply quit.

Of course, all of my stats aren't up-to-date (like most people), but my ranking is.

Ahhh good ol' GameSpy servers.