• No

Votes: 5 5.8%
  • Undecided

Votes: 6 7.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kodkilla

Most of us have had some time to get a feel for a game so I was wondering about peoples thoughts on x-rays. Personally, I'm getting kinda tired of them, as I don't have the reflexes to block them (I'm not a big blocker, because I'm stupid). Most of my deaths have resulted from them and it kinda irks me and it also slows down the pace a bit, but that's just my thoughts on it.

What do you guys/gals think?

It don't know, they are nice because they do a lot of damage, but are blockable, and give you some time to rest your thumb.
But honestly, sometimes I wish I could press start and have the scene just skip. Especially when I'm already dead before they finish.

i dont have the game but i have seen them quite alot on youtube and im a fan i love the effects of the x rays, its originally what made me interested in the game though, i think it might get old but i'll always like the effects honestly much more than fatalities

Like them .. combo-ed into they can cause some serious damage. Several are grab moves etc ( block will not help)...you really gotta know who you are playing and what range they can hit you.

I think X-Rays are a great addition to the game series and I definitely wouldn't mind if they made a return in the next MK game.

It really pisses me off when am just cruising through the round and just one x-ray move makes the match equal, i mean they don't even have to fight to fill up the bar, they can stand there taking beats and after certain percentage of life left it just fills up automatically and they are toooooo easy to do. I also think fatalities need to be more tougher to do since you are showing them in the move list. But them am just old skool

Yeah I can't stand them. I liked them at first but I'm over the flashyness now. I think the x-ray aspect should be used in the future for fatalities and maybe some special moves and throws. But I don't like fighting against my friends using combo's that took me time to learn and master techniques and such just for him to spam special moves take a beating and then pop off an x-ray. Literally he would never beat me ONCE if it wasn't for X-rays. And I wouldn't mind Shao Kahn's going somewhere else lol. Does like 58% o_O

Everyone says it's the equivalent of a hyper combo in certain games, but it still applies. I hate hyper combos. It b.s. to take someone out in one move that requires no skill to do. Sure you can make it stronger with skill but when it's pretty strong itself it doesn't help.

Having said that though I LOVE the super meter concept. The rage think in MKvsDC made me so mad. Especially since if the person you are fighting crouch blocks you can't really get a lot of damage in. But having enhanced moves (LOVE IT! They need more diversity though, like some should turn into a different move altogether instead of just lasting longer/getting stronger. Ex Ice clone with sub. The enhanced should be the icy counter would add some changes, ex2 Scorp's teleport. It should work like it did in (I think) armageddeon where he would punch then teleport punch) and combo breaker's being right there is nice.

But to sum it up, no I don't. People use them as a last resort and they are overpowered and being able to do more than one in a match is bs and having to see my fav character's X-rays 30 times a day gets boring. (Except Sub's headbutt, it's awesome)

I don't think X-rays are overpowered. They are avoidable and consume the whole meter, a resource that could have been used for combo breakers and enhanced specials instead.

it's similar to the x-factor in MvC3 . using it can change the match around if you play right ^^ personally i dont use x-ray that much because i like the enhanced moves.

I've just been playing story mode so far (on Kabal's chapter now) and from playing fighters for a long time, I find it's the people who can't play that well or perform combos that will in all likelihood spam x-rays. I'd far rather save the bar for breakers or enhanced moves into some fun combos that look great and have flash all by themselves, and those I won't get tired of seeing, unlike x-rays.

I really like the x-ray moves but as others have said it can really turn around a battle which in some ways is a good thing but sometimes a bad thing... i would like to see additonal xray moves so that the same ones over and over again dont get boring.
I personally like them and hope they stay

But I don't like fighting against my friends using combo's that took me time to learn and master techniques and such just for him to spam special moves take a beating and then pop off an x-ray. Literally he would never beat me ONCE if it wasn't for X-rays.

You sound like you don't like losing and if you kept winning and there was no X-Ray's your friend wouldn't play with you at all.

Also I don't see a real reason to abandon them except that they are REPETITIVE which can be solved by giving them multiple X-Ray moves or something along that line. But complaining because it's a game changer is mainly because you've gotten your but kicked with it. Turn it into your favor and you'll start liking it :p

I think it's situational. You use enhanced specials, X-rays, and breakers when appropriate to keep them on their toes.

As for repetitiveness, I don't see how you could get tired of that one move, and not all the other moves you see your main do a thousand times. Personally, I never get tired of the good feeling you get for pulling one off and doing a ton of damage, and it's still heartbreaking when I miss with one, lol. Although I would not object to more. I'll bet they could do like in Street Fighter, where you pick one before the match.

Learn to play. X-rays are not as good as getting openings with you enhanced supers. I'd rather combo breaker than save for X-ray. You must be playing newbs who can't do 25-30% combos. So they rely on X-rays for damage your meter is better off used to make openings for standard combos. Let him get his one x-ray if he doesn't know how to properly use combos and enhanced moves to land 30% combos on their own w/o meter.

I really wish they would make it so you could block an X-Ray from a "Free Hit" move. Its so annoying to get X-Rayed when you are trapped in Cyrax's net or an ice freeze or a spear

I think the X-rays add a lot to the game, the whole idea of super moves in general is great fun and really added a lot to the Street Fighter series. Nothing wrong with building on a good idea.

At high level play, probably won't see as many of them, I like how the game lets beginners have some small chance while advanced players can do large juggle enhance attack combos to dish out damage. The way the super meter is setup and used is great on the whole.

If you think about it, the fact you take chip damage even from blocking normal attacks is somewhat offset by the fact you get more meter for blocking to catch up to your opponent in damage with enhance moves or X-rays later on, making the game primarily offensive but rewarding a good defender at the same time with the ability to catch up if they are behind.