Why no one uses Shang Tsung when he is.....

They made Shang really a beast in Ladder!

I mean he transforms into random characters and even you!

He's also the "old Shang" which I love!

Based on everything I've read, I'm convinced that he's a beast...but I think you have to really work at being good with him. Scorpion, for example, is easier to just pick up and kick ass. That's why I don't play much with Shang...I can't play him up to his potential as well as I can for a good number of the other characters. I imagine that's the situation with quite a few people, so Shang doesn't get used that much...yet.

I'm thinking that his shapeshifting move turns most people off. Just the idea that they'll have to learn more then one character to be good with him. He is cool though.

I just practiced with him for the first time today and was amazed that the huge juggle combos you can perform with him he is definatly a top tier same with Sindel although they are not my preference so ill probably master them later once I get my mains mastered almost there anyway! :)

Meh, nothing special to me. And tier lists are garbage. Play who you want, not who some list tells you is good.

I love Shang (hence the namesake). I don't use him much because I despise his clown fatality. But then I don't play competitively online either. AND PSN has been down for 2 days now...not like I can get the f*ck on it anyway, lol!

I'm trying to master him when I'm not doing story or challenge tower. I must say he's a risk to play with if you do not master him perfectly. I'm trying to figure out how to put the ground skulls and skulls from above in my play because i do know wich move to pull for wich skull (close, medium, far or in front, above and behind the char) but if you use them, for me there's always a risk at being on the receiving end during the move animation so that the skull whiffs and you get hit if the enemy is moving around.

Any tips on this?

also heads up on a few good combo's would be nice since i found like only one corner combo and one normal for shang on the net. Any connecting strings / juggling found by you guys for him? would be very much appreciated :)

I personally prefer the underdogs as my main characters not the best characters for stats and popularity, but i can see the appeal of using him.
A combination of morphs good combos make a for one hardass character that is a nightmare to beat

I don't use him much because I despise his clown fatality.

I don't have the game yet, but are you saying that clown fatality is real? :( I thought it was a fake, thats really pathetic. I was looking forward to playing a bit of Shang Tsung but thats almost enough to turn me off. Does he have two real fatalities plus the clown one, or is the clown one his second one?

I don't have the game yet, but are you saying that clown fatality is real? :( I thought it was a fake, thats really pathetic. I was looking forward to playing a bit of Shang Tsung but thats almost enough to turn me off. Does he have two real fatalities plus the clown one, or is the clown one his second one?
The clown fatality is his "default" one. His other one is him entering his opponents body and get's them to rip their own head off.... Kinda disappointing. No soul taking in this one.