sheeva not good character?

She was NEVER a good character and she is HORRIBLE in this game. I honestly cant believe NRS thought it would be a good idea to include her over Rain or a new character

The Prima Guide lists her as low tier. I haven't tested her out yet so I can't really give an opinion.

I tried her out briefly at midnight release.
She's really slow (slowest in the game I believe)
and taller than the other characters.
I got destroyed by this player using Sonya
Just imagine what Smoke can do to her o_O
Also had trouble getting pass Stryker's gun.
Shes a grappler so she is a close ranged fighter.
Im not sure what to make of her yet.
I like her skin rip fatality and doing that
to any opponent is rewarding.

Worst character in the game that I've seen so far. Her combos suck, she's huge and easy to hit, slow...Hell, even her X-ray attack is cringe-worthy. I seriously wouldn't mind if they just took her out of the roster completely- I'd rather be missing one character than seeing her ugly mug on the ladder half the time.

thanks, she seemed like one of the better characters to me when i was looking up the game at first(and series) but it doesnt sound too good for her

the problem is the design looks half assed NRS didnt put too much thought into her and you can tell...alot of this game actually looks rushed or unfinished

im just gonna say this...last night i played a guy online and i never moved. he would kick me down and do that teleport jump thing and hit me before i could stand up to block then he would kick me again before i could block. and he just kept repeating until he won. i never even stood a chance against her. and i know how to avoid the teleport thing she does...jump back and drop kick. the problem was i never had a chance to stand up to do that and couldnt block the next move he was hitting me with. so i think she needs some balancing. he did those two moves the whole fight.

There are no bad characters, only bad players.

Agreed, Ive actually been using Sheeva alot as my sub character, and ive been kicking alot of ass with her as well hahah! Everyone always gets pissed after losing to her.

Opponent: LMAO he picked Sheeva this will be easy (Picks Scorpion or Smoke)

Me: LMAO this scrub has no idea what he's in for

(after the match)

Opponent:WTF that ***** is so ******* cheap and broken.

Me:LMAO.....dumbass...

I wll say she is slow and dosent seem to have much priority. I hope they change that. People dont seem to realize that Sheeva's combos arent suppose to be like other characters she can do combos into throws and mix up with standing grab and low grab.

I LOVE how her low grab bounces the opponent off of the ground into a combo into her anti air grab.

Not to mention she has one of the best X-Ray properties in the game, and catches people off guard constantly.

sounds more promising now, i just wish i could play the game instead of asking so many questions about all the characters i am interested in :p

She's not a terrible character, but Prima listing her as low tier is probably correct. You really have to work for a victory with her.

The negatives I see is her attacks are slow and most zoning characters can laugh their way to victory if you watch out for Telestomp. [+ Ground pound]

Though on the plus side although her fireball is the slowest projectile in the game as far as I can tell it does a decent amount of damage. [More than an uppercut I believe] though landing one is a hassle. She has some decent throws though. [Too bad her X-ray is predictable it does a decent chunk of damage and is unblockable as far as I can tell]

Just gotta get better at using her teleport to clear the fireball gap and get in close. She's a grappler, and not meant to be speedy or combo heavy. Doesn't mean she sucks. I'd love to see some good pro Sheeva play somewhere down the line.

alot of this game actually looks rushed or unfinished

Compared to what??

She will kick ass, just wait for more time,since the game was released just a couple of days, and sooner or later, some very skilled players will be putting gameplay videos of her in Youtube, teaching how to play with her ..... after all, some people still complain about Sub-Zero being slow and crap, but, at hands of people who know how play with him, he can be a combo machine and very deadly.

She's my favorite character, although I havn't tried her online yet (waiting till after my birthday next week to get live). She is slow, so you have to play her defensively, and she doesn't really have long combo potential. But the tradeoff is high damage, a grab for all situations, and jump stomp. Love me some jump stomp. Pretty much she's this game's Zangief, I'm thinking.

I'm thinking all this negativity is coming from how you DO have to practice to get good with her since there's nobody else that plays like her in the game, and how YOU CAN'T PLAY AS GORO AND SHEEVA HAS FOUR ARMS TOO SO IT'S HER FAULT!!! :'(. I would have wanted to play as Goro too, but I still think Sheeva's pretty legit.