Lets Talk Story Mode (possible spoilers)

rekishiotaku

Just finished story mode, it was fun except for the last Shao Khan, everyone else I could beat after one or two tries, but the last one god damn, I think it took me more than 15. My left thumb is killing me now.

So a few things.

Sheeva called Kabal a Lin Kuei, is that because she thought he looked like a cyber-ninja, or because they messed up in the dialog or what?

I liked how Smoke became a main character, of course. Its too bad he didn't challenge Shao-Khan I'm way better with him than I am with Lui Kang or Raiden

I didn't think I was gonna like Cyber-Sub, but he is actually better to play as in my opinion, and they didn't do what they did with Smoke, that is Cyber-Sub is a character with a personality and free will, not some mindless prop.

Is this cannon? Because like 7/10s of all the characters are dead now. I mean I don't want to play mk10 if its a bunch of new fighters, or shitty fighters from post mk9 games.

Overall I like the first half of the game, especially the MK1 chapters, in my opinion it went down hill at Styker's, and then Night Wolf's chapter everyone died and they sort of lost me.

Is the next one going to kind of follow the MK4 story-line? If so the elder gods better undo everything done by Shao-Khan after he invaded, thusly bringing back everyone Sindel killed, and I guess Lui Kang.

Last edited: