Do you think Baraka sucks?

MW7519

I'm sorry but, in my opinion, he's a pretty trashy character. I know, I know- any character is good in the right hands, but it feels like some are better than others.

First off, I've never met anyone online who played as him. However, the only time I play against him is in the ladder on Expert. Now the expert AI is usually pretty good, but I seriously had double flawless rounds versus him a few times that I fought him. All you have to do is chain fist-kick combos and low block and he's basically powerless. He seems so....Weak sauce.

What do you guys think? Are the other characters just more popular, and Baraka's AI is just bad, and there actually is a good character under the surface? Or does he really just suck this hard?

what is bad about him? like what are his massive weaknesses? i dont have the game but from what i have seen on youtube there is only like 8 players people actually use online i am yet to see Jax,Kano,Mileena,Shang Tsung,Sheeva,Stryker ect online either

what is bad about him? like what are his massive weaknesses? i dont have the game but from what i have seen on youtube there is only like 8 players people actually use online i am yet to see Jax,Kano,Mileena,Shang Tsung,Sheeva,Stryker ect online either

Well first and foremost, his attacks are just piss weak on the damage side of things. Also, I haven't seen many useful combos out of him, his X-ray attack isn't that great, and most of his attacks can be guarded against using a low block.

Now you're right about characters like Jax and Kano. Stryker I have seen a few times, and Shang Tsung, but you have to remember- characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke, Ermac, etc- these are traditional characters, and more importantly they look really awesome, so it's not suprising that people will play as them and not characters like Jax and Kano. Baraka has been around for awhile though, and yet still nobody likes him....

Well first and foremost, his attacks are just piss weak on the damage side of things. Also, I haven't seen many useful combos out of him, his X-ray attack isn't that great, and most of his attacks can be guarded against using a low block.

Now you're right about characters like Jax and Kano. Stryker I have seen a few times, and Shang Tsung, but you have to remember- characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Smoke, Ermac, etc- these are traditional characters, and more importantly they look really awesome, so it's not suprising that people will play as them and not characters like Jax and Kano. Baraka has been around for awhile though, and yet still nobody likes him....
thank you for telling me more about Baraka this list isnt the most well thought out list(but its still something)
http://shoryuken.com/content/mk9-fatality-lives-television-spot-strategy-guide-tier-list-4275/
but that list agree's with you, baraka was going to be one of the characters i use first because he looks like such an amazing character but from the sounds of things he isnt too great.

<_> Absolutely not bro.

Baraka's rushing blade attack is the ONLY rush attack in the game that hits both high and low. It can't be ducked. AND on block it leave's baraka at a safe range where all his moves are good from. He could spam the shit out of this move with no repercussion. If he sees the opponent is blocking his hit string he could cancel it into the rushing blades thing to create distance again. He is a super safe punish character.

Also his options while the opponent is on the floor are incredible. He is definitely a tech-chase character that gets the majority of his damage through guessing his opponent's choice to either wakeup attack, roll backwards, or block while getting up. And once he has you pinned against the wall he has even more ridiiiiiiiculous options.

Even with that said, I wouldn't put him near the top of any list. But he's definitely not bad.

I main Jax and Kano o_O

If you guys want to see how they play add me on PSN. I don't main them because I want to be different or something stupid like that. They are honestly in my opinion 2 of the best characters in the roster. Jax slightly moreso only because he's slightly safer. If you guys want to see how they play add me on PSN.

<_> Absolutely not bro.

Baraka's rushing blade attack is the ONLY rush attack in the game that hits both high and low. It can't be ducked. AND on block it leave's baraka at a safe range where all his moves are good from. He could spam the shit out of this move with no repercussion. If he sees the opponent is blocking his hit string he could cancel it into the rushing blades thing to create distance again. He is a super safe punish character.

Also his options while the opponent is on the floor are incredible. He is definitely a tech-chase character that gets the majority of his damage through guessing his opponent's choice to either wakeup attack, roll backwards, or block while getting up. And once he has you pinned against the wall he has even more ridiiiiiiiculous options.

Even with that said, I wouldn't put him near the top of any list. But he's definitely not bad.

I main Jax and Kano o_O

If you guys want to see how they play add me on PSN. I don't main them because I want to be different or something stupid like that. They are honestly in my opinion 2 of the best characters in the roster. Jax slightly moreso only because he's slightly safer. If you guys want to see how they play add me on PSN.
thanks pity i cant cause i have no playstation 3, so far im only watching online matches on youtube which is alot of fun but it gets annoying seeing sub zero vs noob about 3000 times :p

None of the characters in this game suck. They all have their own strengths and weaknesses, its up to you to make them survive ;)