Official MK9 Online Complaints Thread (lag, lame players, etc)

Re: Online Lag

I made a thread regarding this. IMO, its very important to have a good net code for this game to succeed as a competitive fighter.

I would also like to see a game lobby similar to that of MvC3 and SF4 series WITH spectator mode.

it should be smoother than say MK vs DC, but you're always going to get some latency depending on the geographical differences. I'm really hoping they have search options for matches so you can set like Regional only. It limits your competition but at least you'll mostly quality connections with your opponents.

I think it was in this interview Boon discusses online multiplayer. According to him, they've worked at smoothing out players with bad connections, and apparently there will be no need to change timing on combos online vs. off.

Only thing I have to ask is how accurate do you guys think this statement will be upon the game's release?

I have high hopes for MK9 online. Especially after how ass MvC3 is. I think NRS would actually have to try to be worse.

Is it just me..or is online play a joke?..

It lags like crazy, well it seems like everything is slow and delayed. I press the buttons, and the game cant read them quick enough, so nothing happens, or my combos dont go all the way through, im upset.

Re: Is it just me..or is online play a joke?..

I haven't played many games because of the lag. Hopefully it's something that gets better over time. I think this kind of thing happens with fighting games at first. I've played a few good matches, but several have been practically in slow motion.

Yeah, I have played a few online matches and it is pretty slow. But, its only the first day of realease and that game has an amazing amount of graphical detail. Marvel Vs Capcom which is also beautiful, does not have as much detail as MK. I think its something that will get better over time. At least I hope it does because I love competion.

I've played 36 games.. probably only 5 of those, tops, had noticeable lag. I've mainly been doing 1v1, so I can't speak on KOTH too much, but 1v1 has been smooth as butter for the most part.

So... About the online lag...

Am I the only one getting it? Cause if not I refuse to play online until thats fixed.

Trying to do combos with that lag is so infuriating.

Re: So... About the online lag...

edited and snipped

Last edited by a moderator:

people poo poo this, but it's the reason that i did not purchase this game today, and probably why i won't own mk9 until it's in the $29.99 or less greatest hits bin, which will probably be a while. nonetheless, this will not be fixed--don't care what anyone says. mvc3 didn't fix their online connection problem, and capcom has way more resources than NRS. yes, WB is their parent company, but i'm very let down that mk9 was released in this condition, and it's the reason that i have little faith that they will correct the online server problem.

yes, i was a hater of the NRS team and mk9, but i really do love the mortal kombat franchise and i don't like to see it presented in a less than stellar fashion. if NRS didn't know already, online is the most important feature of any competitive game that gets released; if your online is trash, then you gotta work harder. if they don't fix the online problem, which i don't believe they will, then mk9 will suffer the same fate as all of the other console games created by the mkteam.
mk9 is a beautiful game, but no one likes a butterface game.

I agree with what you said about no one likes a butterface game, and how online is the most important feature... however I disagree on what you think of NRS. I believe they will fix the situation within the week.

I agree with what you said about no one likes a butterface game, and how online is the most important feature... however I disagree on what you think of NRS. I believe they will fix the situation within the week.

The MK team is not run by Midway anymore, they have a lot more time and funds to fix the problems they encounter now. It will be fixed soon as they are working on it as we speak, the game was just released today. They just had thousands of new players all within 24 hours, give them a break and have patience.

getting it as well.. as of right now.. it's sub par for competition. will give it a few days for them to turn it around. not giving up on it yet

Yeah i know that PS3 online for this game is LAG City! If that's how it's gonna be i'll pass on-line mode then.

Oh Well!