Anybody else digging Smoke?

Could somebody post a video of some advanced combos of Smoke? so far i only know how to use him in a basic way, Smoke bomb, jump kick, teleport, or simple variations of that, i would really like to see and learn advanced stuff of this character, because storyline wise i find him pretty cool, and while i don't like his primary outfit, his alternate is awesome.

I think these tier lists are a joke, you cannot go by the AI, becuase people don't play like robots. People think differently than each other. AI is code, nothing more. Because most people would agree Scorpion is one of the best characters in the game, yet in the tier list he is only mid-tier. CSZ is in the shit tier? I do great with him . If I'm watching CPU vs CPU fighters then the tier lists will come in handy, otherwise it doesn't help anything.

Tier list is based on proficient players. Scorpion is not one of the BEST characters in the game, he is one of the EASIEST characters in game. People do good with scorp because he is a newb friendly fighter. Tier List is not only based on the difficulty of each character. Also you claim that you are great with CSZ, but your claim is an exception. The majority of proficient MK players won't be doing as good with CSZ as when they are playing some other character such as nightwolf.

No problem. I have no life whatsoever. Broke up with my girlfriend a couple weeks before MK came out, no school, and I'm the only black person in a racist town of about 5000. I spend my time trolling forums. xD
If you ever need a quick reply you know who to come to.

Tier list is based on proficient players. Scorpion is not one of the BEST characters in the game, he is one of the EASIEST characters in game. People do good with scorp because he is a newb friendly fighter. Tier List is not only based on the difficulty of each character. Also you claim that you are great with CSZ, but your claim is an exception. The majority of proficient MK players won't be doing as good with CSZ as when they are playing some other character such as nightwolf.

So people actually played all of these matches? Like I said if it's a CPU vs. CPU it's not valid in my mind because almost nobody plays like the AI does.

Could somebody post a video of some advanced combos of Smoke? so far i only know how to use him in a basic way, Smoke bomb, jump kick, teleport, or simple variations of that, i would really like to see and learn advanced stuff of this character, because storyline wise i find him pretty cool, and while i don't like his primary outfit, his alternate is awesome.

Hey! I've been doing nothing but practicing with Smoke. He's my main. Here's some stuff to do with him:

Teleport + Smoke Bomb + Air Throw= Easy 3-Hit Punisher.
Smoke Bomb + Air Throw + Smoke Bomb + Air Throw= East 4 Hitter. Follow up with Teleport.
Smoke Towards + O + O (PS3) + Smoke Towards + Sqr + Sqr + Triangle
Smoke Away + Shake to lure a projectile then deflect

* Use his Smoke Toward and Smoke Away a lot, he's a good evader/teleporter character. Smoke is all about speed and evasion. His combos are alright, not powerful like Kabal's but there is lots of room for creativity.

And his primary is cool! He looks like a mad scientist haha.

Wad up fellow shangtsung playa! you know prima guide rated shang as the best char in MK9 in terms of tier. :) Shang is also rated as top tier in hadoken.net.

Yea he's a beast, I'm going to perfect him after I'm done unlocking the krypt and complete the challenge tower. Already did the story which was the sh!t in awesome sauce.
Last I heard you could only morph into your opponent I was fighting the CPU and he morphed into two other characters neither was my character so WTF can he morph or not? lol

Last edited: