Secret Chests in Krypt Video

thanks for posting. was wondering how you would get these and what the rewards were. i don't think i would ever have figured out that i need to stand over the spiders for bout five seconds, i could barely see them anyway. would've been nice to have some kind of video like a NR developer diary of some sort in the krypt, but they can't please everyone.

I unlocked all 4 secret bonuses in the krypt...each reward is the exact same

Last edited:
I've found Spiders in three different places but they won't happen.

Core317 read the game files and said that there are 10 Secrets in the chest.

4 hidden chest
3 Spider climbing Trees
3 Screamers

has anyone had the screamer pop up in the Blood March? Pause it and it give you a choice to buy it. I couldn't click fast enough I will try and get a pic after work. He seams to pop up next to a tree close to BM 21 (seen him 2 times) also seems to be connected to the lightning.

Confirming that there are red spiders on paricular trees (in the Hollow of Infestation area), found two of them so far. Nothing happened, they just randomly move up the tree and respawn again. Also, they seem to appear on the same trees, the first one is in the first row (starting from the default location to the left), where there are only two trees, on the right hand tree. The second one is to the right from the default location, the last before the last column of trees, near the third hanging creature, where the scremer appeared once again and scared the hell out of me (again). :D I remembered the location and entered the krypt again on that exact spot, waited for a few mins and he didn't appear again. So I'm thinking they must be time-wired and connected to a specific time spent in the krypt. I don't think they're just random. Someone should measure the time elapsed from entering the krypt untill a screamer appears. If it happens twice at the exact moment upon entering the krypt - then good. My estimate is that out of 4 times I've encountered them - they approximately appeared after some 30 mins or more.

If not - oh well.

I've found Spiders in three different places but they won't happen.

Core317 read the game files and said that there are 10 Secrets in the chest.

4 hidden chest
3 Spider climbing Trees
3 Screamers

has anyone had the screamer pop up in the Blood March? Pause it and it give you a choice to buy it. I couldn't click fast enough I will try and get a pic after work. He seams to pop up next to a tree close to BM 21 (seen him 2 times) also seems to be connected to the lightning.

There is only supposed to be 3 screamers in the game? I had it pop up in every area for me.

Can't buy screamers. Had one come up and pressed start. Nothing happened. Also was at tree with red spiders

Video of Every Krypt Secret Chest Locations

Hey guys I've put off uploading this long enough but here's my video of showing all the secret chest locations in the Krypt. I know they're listed in a sticky thread but I figured seeing where there are can help a lot more for those still struggling to find them.