Official Patch Discussion

Re: MK Update/Patch 5/11/11

I was hoping this patch would help people who want to start tag-teams online, but lag is a bad problem as well.

I didn't get an update today (or yesterday) my guess is the people reporting they got a patch were using a new console or another profile and getting the day-0 patch.

Well, I haven't got any lag since I decided to play only against other Europeans, and my record started to get better as a result and no ping disconnects.

But, I do think that King of the Hill is very buggy, very unstable in many ways and it would be great if they could somehow make it more stable.

I usually dont get lag to where the match is unplayable anymore, but there is always that half second to a second delay. Always.

I use dual monitors, ill play BFBC 2, talk in the TRMK chatroom etc, go in the kitchen make something to eat, go take a shit, talk on the phone you name it. It takes far too long to Q up for a ranked match on PS3.

They can keep the lag unpatched for all I care, I would even sign something that said "SaibotMK must lose on the first of every round in a match" gladly if just the ranked match Q's were faster. For new players I would take a loss the first round, and start with half health the next round just if ranked Q's were fast.

Ill take the few losses that ill inevitably get after x amount of games for taking a loss on the first match, judging from the losses vs wins most players have in ranked matches I think ill manage :_cool:

That's it, the only complaint & thing I wish NRS or whoever wherever whenever would change but I wish it would change soon its annoying.

Re: Ranked Matches, thats all I care about being patched PS3

Yeah, I find myself playing more Player Matches than Ranked. Sucks too because some of the funnest matches I've had have come in Ranked Matches. Everytime I go into Ranked Matches, it seems like that spinning dragon is just taunting me lol.

I REALLY wish they would implement my suggestion for this someday... make ranked matches like Super SF4 where you can see a list of players and their connection bars but REMOVE the names to minimize boosting. Also make the connection bars a little more accurate, it seems you are either full 4 circles or nothing with people atm

its weird with ranked....sometimes it comes very quickly..... i was reading some time ago about this problem...and for me its was running always quickly..... yeserday i was haveing it also...i was waiting many times more then 7 minutes match.... and i can tell that was yes annoyng.But other thing that i have seen is....in ranked matches there is not so mutch lag.... i found more in player matches.... and king of the hill...that i cant play at all.....cause its always so laggy.

Ranked matches don't matter anyways, it matches you with ANYONE, not just people of your rank.

Sometimes it may take 10 minutes to find a match others it's aa fast as 5 seconds

so, while you're wasting 10+ minutes waiting for a ranked match that means nothing. you could of played at least 5 matches against anyone and most likely someone decent at the game and improved your game as well... seems like a pretty obvious conclusion to me

Not to me, getting 0.0s & 3.0s in KOTHs win after win in room after room like MKU etc. Beating people with 400+ wins over there losses one after another, receiving loads of hate mail is all fine and dandy . .

But they can keep the respect points and hate mail I just want to be in the ranked top 5. It's just the time I lack, faster Q's means faster wins that's all I want.

I most usually always just play & spare against other good players in player matches.

Last edited:

but... you know.. the leaderboards are prone to being gamed and mean nothing right..when this game gets eclipsed by the next MK or next big thing.. your "top 5" is just 0's and 1's that have no value and will be forgotten.

Ranked matches don't matter anyways, it matches you with ANYONE, not just people of your rank.

this is the part that I will never understand

I mean I love the confidence I get from beating down scrubs, but I enjoy a challenge once in a while

Ranked matches, thats all I can do :?

Bleh to your ranked matches. I have more fun beating the fool out of my friends.

I join chat rooms and challenge the best players I can find. That way I'm always facing good people with very little wait time, instead of getting matched with randoms and taking forever in "ranked" matches.

I hate good people who only fight people with good records.

I'm stuck fighting scrubs because I don't play the game 24/7 :mad:

new patch in europe

hey everyone is there any word of when the patch comes to europe? why do we always get shit last?