Tell NRS about your lag issues

yogsolidis

Let NRS know what is going on. We can complain on forums all we want, but the message might not be getting out there.

http://www.netherrealm.com/contact

You don't have to type too much. Just fill it out and send it. It's the only way I know of in which we can actually contact them. If we flood their inbox maybe they will take notice.

Edit:
I have also been attempting to contact them via facebook and twitter. If you can in some way reach them there and let them know what is going on, it would help the movement.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/MortalKombat?sk=wall
Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MK_MortalKombat

Last edited:
NRS reads these forums. they stated its one of there biggest sources of info from fans

theyre quite aware that online is the biggest pile of steaming shit right now. unfortunately its not in their hands, its Gamespy servers.

I'm pretty sure NRS knows about the issues, no need to spam them with "WTF WHY LAG ONLINE WORST CODING EVER"-type of stuff.

They read the forums but there hasn't been a response to the issue as far as I know. Pressing the matter might force them into some sort of action.

If enough people complain about it, something could be done.

Doing nothing won't fix anything.

I'm sure they're fixing it, but stating that your going to fix something when you know you haven't even started fixing it? you'll cop a lot more hate. Or even if they failed to fix it, they probably don't know how long it will take and don't want to make any promises. Especially that said before it was Gamespy hosting them which means they would have to contact that company and try to get them to fix it.

All that I have heard from people thus far is "I'm sure" and "I'm pretty sure" that they are working to fix the issue. The reality of the situation is that you do not know and if you did, I'd like to see some evidence.

If you had a problem with your boss at work, are you pretty sure that he/she will suddenly get a better attitude toward you without doing anything about it?

Just tell NRS what is up. Sheesh, if you don't like the idea then simply don't do it.

Edit: Typos.

If you had a problem with your boss at work, are you pretty sure that he/she will suddenly get a better attitude toward you without doing anything about it?

What if you were the boss, and you knew there was a problem that needed fixing and were working on it, but everyone was constantly sending you emails telling you theres a problem, would that be useful or just the annoy the hell out of you?

What if you were the boss, and you knew there was a problem that needed fixing and were working on it, but everyone was constantly sending you emails telling you theres a problem, would that be useful or just the annoy the hell out of you?

In that case if I was the boss i would inform the parties involved (in this case the customer) that the issue was known and that we were working on it.

Most gaming companies who are aware of issues usually post something about them and how they intend to fix the issue. (DICE did this with Battlefield Bad Company 2 when it first came out).

By all means, if you're aware of some insider information regarding NRS posting something regarding the issue and how they intend to fix it, please provide the evidence.

We all paid good money for this game and the features they included. We want and demand an online service that matches our expectations. Otherwise, why include it with the game?

If you think NRS is already aware of the issue, why haven't they come out and officially said something about it?

I sent my email yesterday. but it would be responsible for NRS and WB to send a statement regarding the issue. It has gotten better, but still no where near where it should be.

NRS reads these forums. they stated its one of there biggest sources of info from fans

theyre quite aware that online is the biggest pile of steaming shit right now. unfortunately its not in their hands, its Gamespy servers.

It is in their hands (NRS). Gamespy does not host the games. The provide the lobby system. The games are not on dedicated servers, its a peer to peer setup. The problem would be the matchmaking system for quickmatches, and the fact that we dont know the latency of "4 green bars". Everyone is 4 bars to me, but almost every game is delayed user input.

By all means, if you're aware of some insider information regarding NRS posting something regarding the issue and how they intend to fix it, please provide the evidence.

I don't have any insider info, but its pretty logical that they know about the problems. I'm not saying they're going about handling it the right way, but I can guarantee you they are aware of the problems, they're professional game developers, this is what they do. Yes I agree, they should let the community know they're aware of it and working on a fix, but like other people have said, saying the wrong thing or issuing a statement prematurely could be more damaging than saying nothing at all.

Yeah its a bit of a crappy situation, it sucks, but it happens and I think NRS at least deserves the benefit of the doubt here after all the good they've done and how committed and passionate they've shown they are in the past about this project and it's community. If it goes on for a few more days without resolution or acknowledgement by NRS then I'd totally be on your side, I'd be agreeing that people should get up in arms about it because thats unnacceptable, but at the very least I think they've earnt a few days before people start sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches. The launch of a new game is a crazy, crazy time for the developer, give them at least a few days grace, surely they deserve that?

It is in their hands (NRS). Gamespy does not host the games. The provide the lobby system. The games are not on dedicated servers, its a peer to peer setup. The problem would be the matchmaking system for quickmatches, and the fact that we dont know the latency of "4 green bars". Everyone is 4 bars to me, but almost every game is delayed user input.

Personally, I have just as much problem with the matchmaking system as the lag (and disconnect/desynchronization) of the game itself. 80-90% of the time, If i try to challenge someone, "The game session is unavailable". This happens when I challenge someone, when someone challenges me, and sometimes during the character select screen. Just getting a match is virtually impossible, and it's not my internet link, I tried it at a friends house with a different ISP and had all the same issues. We are on Long Island in NY.

I don't have any insider info, but its pretty logical that they know about the problems. I'm not saying they're going about handling it the right way, but I can guarantee you they are aware of the problems, they're professional game developers, this is what they do. Yes I agree, they should let the community know they're aware of it and working on a fix, but like other people have said, saying the wrong thing or issuing a statement prematurely could be more damaging than saying nothing at all.

Yeah its a bit of a crappy situation, it sucks, but it happens and I think NRS at least deserves the benefit of the doubt here after all the good they've done and how committed and passionate they've shown they are in the past about this project and it's community. If it goes on for a few more days without resolution or acknowledgement by NRS then I'd totally be on your side, I'd be agreeing that people should get up in arms about it because thats unnacceptable, but at the very least I think they've earnt a few days before people start sharpening their pitchforks and lighting their torches. The launch of a new game is a crazy, crazy time for the developer, give them at least a few days grace, surely they deserve that?

I do not think there is anything wrong with holding developers accountable.

We should not have to rely on giving anyone the benefit of the doubt. If the problem was so obvious for NRS, why have they not simply acknowledged it yet? How long does it take to tweet a sentence on twitter saying they are aware of the problem and intending to fix it. How could they go wrong with saying something about that?

The silence is more damaging than anything. If they are passionate about the community they would have acknowledged the situation earlier. If they were committed, they would have already resolved the issue.

What exactly are the developers doing now that the game is launched that is occupying so much their time?

Finally, what does this have to do with being up and arms about an issue? We all waited anxiously for this game, some of us lined up at midnight and paid good money for it - we simply want a game that matched the expectations that were outlined by NRS; a quality online experience.

NRS deserves feedback from their beloved community. Simply waiting and saying nothing sends a message that the community tolerates the current online presentation when evidence on these forums and others is clearly the opposite.

It will get fixed but I agree they should say somthing about it in the next 2 days if it continues... It's part of the product we are purchasing and should work from day 1... let's not forget they had an extra 6 months to finish this game..

The netcode is meant to be cutting edge... Just a thought but things like this often go wrong when it's new code and such it will get there in the end but like others said they deserve a grace period for them to pull their socks up and get back on the war horse

It's like a baby having teething problems and is quite natural in todays gaming industry

Yeah, you make a lot of good points yogsoldis, and I don't entirely disagree with you, I just feel like someone needs to stick up for NRS because they're being so villified over this issue (maybe not as much in this thread as others I've read tbh), and I think that even if they're doing a poor job of handling the issue or communicating how they're handling the issue, they're still on our side and I'm confident we'll see a fix or an improvement.

I mean, I'm sure the NRS guys aren't happy to have egg on their faces either after going on in interviews about how great their netcode is going to be, and then having this happen. I'm sure they want to get it fixed asap, but yeah, they could be handling the situation a bit better.