How to defeat Shao Kahn with Raiden?

I can't believe he's staying THAT far away from you in that video. He's seriously RIGHT on top of me every time I jump back. I jump back he does that stupid ramming charge to be right next to me.

You want cheap tricks? I just kept him at range, hit him when he taunted with teleport/uppercut and jumped back when he was in the air and let the timer run down

Did that on Liu Kang as well

Ok this works on Hard Difficulty on Ps3...
This is how you beat him with just one button
At start of match no matter what he does you should teleport and use Flying Thunder

1. Jump back until he starts throwing spears and hammers
2. When he throws a spear just duck
3. When he throws a hammer Teleport behind him and use Flying Thunder
4. When he taunts use Flying Thunder
5. Use your X-Ray when you can after he throws a hammer
6. Repeat 1 - 5 till time runs out or you kill him.

*** Blocking is useless it gets you in more trouble than saving you especially on high difficulties
*** Do not try to teleport on a spear he will Ex then Punish.
*** Do not try to hit him head on because all his power is up front.
*** Remember that flying thunder can be chained onto a combo so if you make a mistake and kick or jumpkick just use flying thunder right away and it should pop out as a combo
*** You can escape punishment sometimes by jumping and using flying thunder in air

Last edited:
Took me a while but I wasn't playing on beginner difficulty and so if i messed up once he would kill me sometimes... Hes crazy hard and if he hits u with hammer on hard he would repeat it upto 3 times after. And a teleport on a spear is sometimes suicide. Have fun beating him I did it 8 times after I figured him out just for revenge..

Last edited:
I got so mad at this I took a break. Seriously... you would think with Raiden being newly empowered he'd be able to cause at least as much damage to Kahn as Kahn does to you...

I know right a powered up Raiden is only doing half his normal damage. He should have gotten a major boost and been able to tear up Kahn and then have a cut scene where Kahn gets powered up and then this battle.

Used the teleport trick but used 334 combo into superman does about 10% damage and you keep your distance