So I'm pretty upset

Jump Punch opener Back 2 1 tele slam jump kick teleport x ray
It was 10 hit, I had to turn it on to remember how to do it lol
EDIT: you have to dash in for the jump kick teleport

the back 2 is a charge that cancels into one for a tele blast thing so it take so fast timing to get the B2 1 tele to hit right

im playing right now another easy 47% is the same combo to start but just do Jump punch opener B2 1 x ray for an easier version tons of damage

Last edited:
Jump Punch opener Back 2 1 tele slam jump kick teleport x ray
It was 10 hit, I had to turn it on to remember how to do it lol
EDIT: you have to dash in for the jump kick teleport

the back 2 is a charge that cancels into one for a tele blast thing so it take so fast timing to get the B2 1 tele to hit right

im playing right now another easy 47% is the same combo to start but just do Jump punch opener B2 1 x ray for an easier version tons of damage
Any luck with something that timing sensitive online? I don't think on my connection I could pull that off online haha

I actually got half of it in a shit slow mud race so I was thrilled lol. Theres hope that I can pull it off when the lags gone
I also got a jump kick teleport tele slam B1 2 F1 juggle in the same match. I was shocked

I actually got half of it in a shit slow mud race so I was thrilled lol. Theres hope that I can pull it off when the lags gone

Good to know, I'll have to work on this and see if my fingers can go that fast without cramping :p

BTW I sent you a friend request on PSN

@DCP I'd suggest Reptile for juggles. He's not directed for juggles but he can do them with some ease. Especially since a lot of his moves are geared for pop-ups. Or I'd suggest Sektor. I haven't gotten many because I am learning most of the original ninja's right now (Reptile for ex) But it seems like his combo's are mostly highs good for juggling and if you loose control just pop off his teleport punch. And as I'm thinking about it Cyrax has good setups for juggles. Both of the robots seem to be able to do that. But more Sektor than Cyrax.

lol, Shang Tsung can juggle with his skulls if your into that. I hate it when he does it to me in the arcade tower.

If anything play expert arcade ladder and just kind of let the computer beat you up and see who can keep you in the air. :p

well that's one reason why they did it. They knew characters in the Demo would be played so much they had to change things to fix it so other people playing other characters wouldn't get beaten so much by people who knew the demo well.

Oh Well!

well that's one reason why they did it. They knew characters in the Demo would be played so much they had to change things to fix it so other people playing other characters wouldn't get beaten so much by people who knew the demo well.

Oh Well!

I seriously doubt they would mess with stuff just because of that. That's not how you balance a game at all... ;)

I feel your pain DCP. I was pretty hyped about JC but as you said he has been nerfed pretty bad. I too enjoy juggling a lot so I was thinking ermac and nightwolf as well, I love NW's hatchet popup for some reason and his projectile game (well, if you can call it that) is godlike, except against noob.

As for the low damage, have you tried Raiden? His damage is ridiiiiculous, I was like WAAAAAH!?

Definitely a huge buzzkill for me. Taking into consideration that I loved Johnny ability to Juggle, who would you guys recommend I use in replacement for now? I'm trying to get use to the stick, might as well play with someone who playstyle I enjoy while I'm learning. Who have you guys noticed can juggle like no tomorrow?

You've only just got the game. I say don't give up and stick with him. It's a shame but what if you master Johnny after his nerfing? Would make you an even better player. When they started to butcher Reptile from MK4 and on I still stuck with him and had fun. I suggest you do the same.

Johnny is significantly slower now. I was hoping that it was just my imagination, but I guess not. I can juggle like no tomorrow with Sonya. I'm considering maining her now. She's fast and you can do some crazy stuff if you start with her Kartwheel move and go from there.

Think I tried Johnny Cage once in the game, and noticed the x-ray didn't combo anymore. Oh well.
Sonya does seem good, played against someone online, doing that cartwheel stuff, and used her a few times myself. First time actually wanting to use her, comapred to in the older games.

I like using Kabal, may not be the best juggle, but can do a 6 hit juggle with him, and can throw in his fireball at the end. 22% damage

all the combos i used with sub zero are still in the game :D won a tournament at gamestop with him lol, and iv also done a 46% combo with ermac online, actually done it a couple times lol hard to get but satisfying

all the combos i used with sub zero are still in the game :D won a tournament at gamestop with him lol, and iv also done a 46% combo with ermac online, actually done it a couple times lol hard to get but satisfying

Sub-Zero is great, I didn't think I'd like comboing with him that much. His damage is kinda low though, my nightwolf can do way more damage with his bigger combos. Kabal is a great Sub-Zero alternative imo as well, his combos setup feel a lot like Subby's and he has the advantage of being a great zoner.

I've got an 11 hit 58% with x ray for Ermac down pretty good. Spent about 3 hours on him.

Yes, i think Ermac is the best character in the game, easy 30% or more damage bread and butter combos, and 50-60% advanced combos, really powerful. I have an Xbox 360, so i've never played the demo, but i find Johnny Cage a very good character too, easy to use, very similar to his MK2 style.

I haven't played the demo, but I have played Johnny a lot in the full game. He seems good to me. Not blazing fast, but not slow either. I find him fun to play as and easy enough to control, so this "nerfing" can't be too bad.

Over how badly they nerfed Johnny. He is so incredibly slow now. And to top it off, they seem to have "adjusted" the frames for all his moves because the juggles that were possible in the demo, are no longer possible. Don't get me wrong, I expected them to fix a couple things such as the infinite he and Scorpion shared. But nerf him to this extent? No way. It really sucks because I want to use him so bad, but compared to most of the other fighters he's seriously lacking.

At first I thought it was due to the fact I was using a stick for the very first time. So I switched back to the d-pad and he still wasn't working right. Am I missing something here, or did they really just mess up my favorite character?

quit *****in JC is top tier character still. For tier list scroll down. Tier list made by PRIMA.

http://shoryuken.com/content/mk9-fatality-lives-television-spot-strategy-guide-tier-list-4275/

Over how badly they nerfed Johnny. He is so incredibly slow now. And to top it off, they seem to have "adjusted" the frames for all his moves because the juggles that were possible in the demo, are no longer possible. Don't get me wrong, I expected them to fix a couple things such as the infinite he and Scorpion shared. But nerf him to this extent? No way. It really sucks because I want to use him so bad, but compared to most of the other fighters he's seriously lacking.

At first I thought it was due to the fact I was using a stick for the very first time. So I switched back to the d-pad and he still wasn't working right. Am I missing something here, or did they really just mess up my favorite character?

anything besides infinites is going to be a change of pace. respect the balance. he is still one of the most natural command feel combatants in this game.