King Of The Hill Discussion Thread

Re: For those of you who score 0.0 immediatly after your defeat this is for you.

Best way to avoid people scoring you a 0.0 is to play against your "friends" online.

If you have NO friends, then, I'm sorry.
That's a personal problem.

Lol I feel the same way sometimes but usually I try and not let it bug me. Most people are trolls when they remain anonymous. Anymore, most people are impatient and spoiled as well so losing is a BIG deal to them. Do unto others, I'll rate fair as long as the others do but if they get all salty I won't. After all it is a 'respect' system and why pay someone else if they don't return it.

Too true. If someone beats me I pay my dues in my eyes they've earned it. Theres no need to get angry and withhold what someone else earned by beating you.

Re: For those of you who score 0.0 immediatly after your defeat this is for you.

When I play KoH, I love when I'm whopping someone and I start a fatality, then all of a sudden things start freezing up and the dude leaves. It's humiliating for them lol, they got beat and can't take it like a champ.

koth? is anyone actually able to play it without like 5 sec. delay? cant believe that... score? who cares i just dont rate any stuff, because id ont care, i just wanna play.

koth? is anyone actually able to play it without like 5 sec. delay? cant believe that... score? who cares i just dont rate any stuff, because id ont care, i just wanna play.

I at least throw some points out no matter what to help people get the achievements theyre missing

I generally vote fair to the fight.. but I will admit I have given out a few 0s... deserved or not.

Haven't played KOTH since in several weeks though.

I'm all for sticking it to cheap players with 0.0s all day long especially the smoke spammers win or lose you will get nothing from me.

I play king of the hill all the time, and I get this a lot... especially when I've been king for 10+ games. I guess people are just sore losers. D:

I get 0s from TRMK users too, I'm used to it.

The only way someone deserves 0 respect points is if they used a cheat such as the parry glitch. That b.s. not withstanding, the loser should be forced to give at least a 5/10.

i like to take 0.0s as them telling me "you raped me, i cant beat you. and im pissed about it" i also think its funny when people rage quit xD

When I loose in a KOTH match, I give 9 for winning or 10 for winning and doing an -ality(if I lose) when I'm the one fighting. That's just me. Same concept if i'm watching, but they have to not spam moves and combos like crazy. If it's a character I don't like, i give the winner a 7.

Last edited:

I watch the match and then rate the score. If they spam then it is below 4. No Fatality then under 9.
But when I am the king for like 10 matches straight ALL they give me is 0.0 It is ridiculous.

I watch the match and then rate the score. If they spam then it is below 4. No Fatality then under 9.
But when I am the king for like 10 matches straight ALL they give me is 0.0 It is ridiculous.

agreed, if someone is able to hold the top spot for 10+ wins i say you should automatically get 10.0s its not your fault other people suck.

Sometimes getting a 0.0 after you ***** someone really bad is much better than a 10 to me..
I'm always like.. "HA! i just ruined your day and W/L ratio!"

A kick option in KOTH would be SERIOUSLY helpful!

Most of us have been there:

King that Spams
King who blocks....all....the...time....
Moron playing music over the mic
Trash Talkers

These guys are in a lot of KOTH matches (or at least, that's my experience) and they need to be stopped/shut up. A kick option would be very nice. It'd be a majority vote sort of system, similar to L4D2's, only, not rubbish. Spammers really need to be taught a lesson.

Someone on these forums (He/She has Mileena holding a teddy as their avatar...lol) mentioned a Noob Saibot spammer....yes, I have encountered that son of a b*tch as well.

Any opinions on a kick option?

Last edited:

i give all 10's unless they spam, then they gets 1's and 2's

Re: A kick option in KOTH would be SERIOUSLY helpful!

you can mute, that takes care of the music guys

block/punish takes care of spammers...what i hate are the liu kang corner infinite combo spammers

Re: A kick option in KOTH would be SERIOUSLY helpful!

I've been lucky so far, not much in the way of spammers. Yet have been accused of being one, tend to use scorpion, don't know how to pull off a good juggle so stick to standard combos and specials. I never use the hellfire move tho coz i just think it's cheap. Opinions? Am i a spammer? Also you listed a reason to boot someone as "being too good" don't think thats exactly fair since he's king due to actual talent.