MK7 ideas being brainstormed?

-illusion-

MK:D Krypt have some few images showing:
4 Combat Play.
2 Tag Team Fatals.
Mini-Games.

Which I doubt, any of this ideas are going to be a waste.

Your thoughts?

Yeah, I saw that too. Those were ideas for MK:D, but hey, they may use those ideas for the next MK game.

-illusion- said:
4 Combat Play.
2 Tag Team Fatals.
Mini-Games.

Your thoughts?

The Krypt should have 3 levels this time. A color representing each one of the levels. Yellow for the first floor, Red for the second floor and White for the third floor. Each floor has an entire single Krypt in it. With a mix of things that are unlockable for the create-a-character mode. No images this time at all. There will also be unlockable characters, ect.

4 combat play sounds nice. As long as there is 3 fatalaties per character this time around, I am content with there not being Tag-Team Fatals.

The mini-games would be good in the new Konquest mode, the one in MK:D was good. The one in MK7 should be better. Some of the mini-games should be selectable for 1-4 player gaming, but not in between arcade, as that may become too tedious.

Soul said:
-illusion- said:
4 Combat Play.
2 Tag Team Fatals.
Mini-Games.

Your thoughts?

The Krypt should have 3 levels this time. A color representing each one of the levels. Yellow for the first floor, Red for the second floor and White for the third floor. Each floor has an entire single Krypt in it. With a mix of things that are unlockable for the create-a-character mode. No images this time at all. There will also be unlockable characters, ect.

4 combat play sounds nice. As long as there is 3 fatalaties per character this time around, I am content with there not being Tag-Team Fatals.

The mini-games would be good in the new Konquest mode, the one in MK:D was good. The one in MK7 should be better. Some of the mini-games should be selectable for 1-4 player gaming, but not in between arcade, as that may become too tedious.

That is something I've always wanted. Since Mortal Kombat 2, a create-a-character mode, or as I liked to call it, Kreate-A-Kombatant mode. It'd be awesome. I mean think about it, the left side, have a rotating character, and on the right side, a list of items like mask styles, etc etc. Then choose which clan you want it in, like Lin Kuei. Then species, like Centaurian, Cyborg, Spectre, etc etc. That'd be awesome.

Nah, I think the idea of creating your own character is moronic. A question was ask if whether or not a download content would be available for the next gen-consoles, and the answer was maybe.

All of the characters from all the mortal kombat games would be kool, and that idea for the 3 floor krypt and create a character ideas are awesome.

I still like the 'Visceral Voyage' and 'MaleVolence' ideas from the Krypt in MKDA. heh heh heh they are SO bad that i actually think they're awesome

why does it need to have a name? there was no name for MK1, II, III, or 4. Just because DA, and D have names doesn't mean we can't just call this one 7.

I have to disagree with you there johnny. Its more fun to think of a subtitle than to stick with a tried and true numbering format, not to mention it instantly sets the tone for the game. Also, Deadly Alliance would have been Mortal Kombat 5 but Boon wanted to get away from the whole number scheme. Numbers needlessly age the series, eschewing the digits and embracing the subtitles lets the games debut in a fresh, new, marketable sense.

with that many big words it must be true. you make an excellent point. Let the titles ROLL then... from here, everyone who posts in here (or someone could make a whole new thread) has to post 2 subtitle ideas. and try not to be a tard about it. (but they don't have to be good... stay open for criticism and/or praise)

um...

MK:Destruction... um....
MK:Darkness

Okay so these are absolute garbage but i kinda put myself on the spot. I can't wait to read some wicked

While I admit that the idea of Kreate a Kombatant would be pretty damn cool, there's only a certain amount of space on those crunchy disks, and that feature would be pretty damn big, thus taking a backseat to some other things.

First of all - bigger crypt, less graphics in it. As it is, it's mostly a waste of space. More well-thought out characters, and more returning characters...as long as you don't have to make some stupidly contrived plot device to bring them back. Work on the mood - as much as I hate to admit it, good graphics are vital for this.

Not necessarily more fatalities, but certainly more fancy ones. Quality over quantity. We want a stylish finish here, not the same uninspired concepts over and over again. Remember Reiko's fatality? Kicking out their torso? That was pretty cool. Let's not do that again. I realize it may be hard trying to come up with original and interesting ideas all the time, but nobody ever said making a game like this was supposed to be easy.

Someting I'd like to see, which has been previously mentioned in this thread, is tag-team fatalities. Now, listen carefully: Tag-team fatalities indicates a tag-team mode. That's right, I think it could fit into Mortal Kombat. Plus, some things just make sense...like a Kira/Kabal tag team. It's something that _would_ happen.

Also...no mini games, with the exception of the obligatory test your might and stuff. Mini games are stupid, end of story.

man, if midway puts an actual tag mode in the next mk (i mean the real deal like in MvC2, tekken tag or DOA2&3 not some lame tag where if you lose a round the other character comes out!!) i think i might just poop my pants!!also i know i'm going to get flamed for this but i think they should start the combat engine over from scratch! :shock: i'm not saying i didn't think it was pretty cool. i'm just saying that i don't think it went well w/ the characters (i mean what the hell is a native american doing fighting using a brazilian and korean style???). don't even get me started on the weapons...2 words, soul calibur 2. that's how weapon combat should be done! i say no weapons. they should have one style per character that makes more sense for that character.also i think they should use real martial arts experts to do the motion capture this time around (sorry carlos pesina but you're not that good!) instead of part of the midway staff. a lot of the moves were very basic, especially the weapon styles (which is why i think they should get rid of them). finally, i think they should have some grappling styles that stay true to the way they should be. aikido and judo in MK:da was horrible...VF4's version of these styles puts MK's to shame. mk only had like 3 or 4 throws for these styles there should be more than that...i could go on and on about this but i'll stop here. oh yeah as far as konquest mode and the krypt and all that other stuff, i don't care, as long as they get the fighting right i'm a happy camper! :D

you filthy muskrat! carlos pesina is a legend among legends. and who the hell cares what happens in tekken, virtua fighter, DOA and such? this is MK, we are MK fans, and MK takes all these other fighters in a place they prob dont wanna be taken. I'll give you a hint. (in the ass) Weapons just add to the complexity of the fighting. with only one style per fighter, you wouldn't have style branch combos (very brutal) and there would be far less combos and moves to memorise. thus dampening some of the playability of the game. it would cheapen the kombat to a huge degree. (not that the previous games are cheap!!!! don't get me wrong here)
and one last thing..
...carlos pesina is cool.