College team VS. NFL team?

Could the best college football team beat the worst NFL team?

• Total voters

jgreenwo

It pisses me off when some of my friends think that the best college football team could beat any NFL team. They say "Yeah, I bet Oklahoma could be a few NFL teams," and they actually argue with me like they believe that when I tell them they are wrong.

The best college team could never beat the worst NFL team. Every player in the NFL is so much bigger, stronger, faster than college players. For one, the offensive and defensive lines of ANY NFL team would dominate a college team's line and they wouldn't be able to compete.

What do you guys think?

Even the worst of NFL teams are comprised of the best of the best of college players. It would be one amazing accomplishment if say, USC or any other powerhouse college team could pull off a win. Not impossible I suppose, but damned lucky. I've gotta go with "No".

But, I still enjoy college ball better.

The NFL has more money for equipment, training, and whatever else they need. So yeah, even the worst team in NFL is going to have better training and be much more advanced than the best team in college football.

Why is college ball so much better then the NFL?

I like watching Minor league hockey because they beat the shit out of eachother more often. I dont understand college football though.

Yeah I watch college once in awhile, but im more into the NFL. The worst NFL team could definetly take out the best college team.

Yeah, the worst pro team would win 9 of 10 games against the best college, but I like watching college football better, and I follow pro stats alot more.

i think the best college football could beat the worst NFL team.

lets say a college football team went up against the detroit lions last year the obvious answer is that the college team would kick their ass. i live in michigan and its sad to say that the lions really sucked last year

A collection of college All Stars couldn't even come close to beating the worst NFL team, why are some people even questioning this?

Roxy said:

lets say a college football team went up against the detroit lions last year the obvious answer is that the college team would kick their ass. i live in michigan and its sad to say that the lions really sucked last year

I live in Michigan as well, and I too realize how poorly they played. However, they are still comprised of the best colleges had to offer, are better trained, managed and most of all, professional. The Lions would have killed any college team, no doubts. You actually think that last year's USC, LSU or Miami could actually stand a chance against the Detroit Lions?! Come on...

mahalo said:
A collection of college All Stars couldn't even come close to beating the worst NFL team, why are some people even questioning this?

See! Some of my friends try to tell me this too. There is no way! The defensive line of any NFL team would dominate and totally destroy a college team's running game, put too much pressure on the QB, etc. The secondary would also be much quicker than any college wide receivers would be.

Actually, the Super Bowl winner used to play against the college National Champion after the end of the season. The NFL team always won that obviously, but it would be cool if they brought that back, except made it the worst NFL team. I think that would be something a lot of people would watch. Too much liability though, because the NFL players could potentially end the careers of some of the college players if they got hurt.

jgreenwo said:
mahalo said:

See! Some of my friends try to tell me this too. There is no way! The defensive line of any NFL team would dominate and totally destroy a college team's running game, put too much pressure on the QB, etc. The secondary would also be much quicker than any college wide receivers would be.

Actually, the Super Bowl winner used to play against the college National Champion after the end of the season. The NFL team always won that obviously, but it would be cool if they brought that back, except made it the worst NFL team. I think that would be something a lot of people would watch. Too much liability though, because the NFL players could potentially end the careers of some of the college players if they got hurt.

There's a reason why the NFL doesn't allow the Maurice Clarretts of the world to enter the draft early and that's because they aren't physically ready. They aren't ready for the pace of the game or the size of its players. You can see this by actually going to a college game and then comparing that to a pro game. Everyone runs faster, the collisions are bigger, and everything is executed more fluidly in a pro game. Give me a break about Florida St staying within 40 points of the Dolphins.

mahalo said:
jgreenwo said:
mahalo said:

There's a reason why the NFL doesn't allow the Maurice Clarretts of the world to enter the draft early and that's because they aren't physically ready. They aren't ready for the pace of the game or the size of its players. You can see this by actually going to a college game and then comparing that to a pro game. Everyone runs faster, the collisions are bigger, and everything is executed more fluidly in a pro game. Give me a break about Florida St staying within 40 points of the Dolphins.

Maybe within 70 points, but not 40. If they were damned lucky (or mercied).

I am from Michigan as well and as sad as the lions were against other PRO teams that would of easily whipped a college team. I mean lets take a look at some of the players on the lions team last year. Joey Harrington.. In college he was the man and won the hiesman (well in his case hiemen?) in the pros he has struggled at times but just now is starting to get it, 3 years later. Charles Rodgers... A top reciever in college hiesman canidate adjusting well to the pros but taken out early in his first two seasons from injury's. Can't say I remember him being hurt in college. Roy Williams the best college reciver his last year, hiesman canidate, enough said. Boss Bailey... best at his position in college? Dre Bly ... Won Super Bowl with Rams ... Haz Akim ... won super bowl with Rams.. Getting the picture I can go on and on. What college team had this much talent? Some college teams are lucky to have 1 heisman canidates much less 1 winner and several hopefuls. Besides that last year LSU for example won the national championship (part of) how many guys from that team that beat oaklahomo last year are starting in the pros? This argument is ridiculous. College is better to watch because every single game is do or die. One loss could wreck a season that's why it's so fun to watch. Period. Argument over.

billybob40 said:
I am from Michigan as well and as sad as the lions were against other PRO teams that would of easily whipped a college team. I mean lets take a look at some of the players on the lions team last year. Joey Harrington.. In college he was the man and won the hiesman (well in his case hiemen?) in the pros he has struggled at times but just now is starting to get it, 3 years later. Charles Rodgers... A top reciever in college hiesman canidate adjusting well to the pros but taken out early in his first two seasons from injury's. Can't say I remember him being hurt in college. Roy Williams the best college reciver his last year, hiesman canidate, enough said. Boss Bailey... best at his position in college? Dre Bly ... Won Super Bowl with Rams ... Haz Akim ... won super bowl with Rams.. Getting the picture I can go on and on. What college team had this much talent? Some college teams are lucky to have 1 heisman canidates much less 1 winner and several hopefuls. Besides that last year LSU for example won the national championship (part of) how many guys from that team that beat oaklahomo last year are starting in the pros? This argument is ridiculous. College is better to watch because every single game is do or die. One loss could wreck a season that's why it's so fun to watch. Period. Argument over.

nicely said.

Roxy said:

Roxy said:
billybob40 said:

nicely said.

Nice way to represent the state.

Disclaimer: THIS PRECEDING POST IN NO WAY SHOULD BE TAKEN LITERALLY AS A DIRECT REPRESENTATION OF THE COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. THE PARTY WHOM POSTED THIS IS EITHER OF A) A YOUNG AGE; B) CHALLENGED COGNITIVE ABILITIES OR; C) FROM THE WEST SIDE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WHERE S.A.T. SCORES HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO BE INCREDIBLY LOW DUE TO ITS EXTREME PROXIMITY TO THE STATE OF WISCONSIN.

billybob40 said:
Besides that last year LSU for example won the national championship (part of) how many guys from that team that beat oaklahomo last year are starting in the pros?

Just to answer your question, 1 of their players is starting this year as a rookie, and that Michael Clayton at Tampa Bay. the only reason he really got a shot is cuz of injuries and the keenan mccardell hold out, but he has become their leading reciever.

Ridiculous to even debate. I would venture a guess that the scout teams of most NFL franchises have more talent top to bottom than the best collegiate teams. This isn't baseball where there are hundreds upon hundreds of guys toiling in the Minor Leagues. In football, only the best of the best make it to the NFL. The rest go to Europe (now that the CFL is gone) :D

whatashame said:
Roxy said:

Roxy said:
billybob40 said:

nicely said.

Nice way to represent the state.

Disclaimer: THIS PRECEDING POST IN NO WAY SHOULD BE TAKEN LITERALLY AS A DIRECT REPRESENTATION OF THE COLLECTIVE INTELLIGENCE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN. THE PARTY WHOM POSTED THIS IS EITHER OF A) A YOUNG AGE; B) CHALLENGED COGNITIVE ABILITIES OR; C) FROM THE WEST SIDE OF THE STATE OF MICHIGAN WHERE S.A.T. SCORES HAVE BEEN PROVEN TO BE INCREDIBLY LOW DUE TO ITS EXTREME PROXIMITY TO THE STATE OF WISCONSIN.

HEY IM FROM THE WEST SIDE