Got My PDP TE MK Fight Stick Today

TheDentedOne

Got home today and at my door was the TE fight stick I ordered from PDP last week. I really didnt expect it till next week. Its just the stick. No game. I will get my other TE from Gamestop on Monday night but until I get the game I'll test this baby out on MK1 and UMK3 for a couple days. 360 owner so no demo to play obviously. Let me know if there are any questions I can answer for you guys about it. It is beautiful and a heavy duty piece of work.

MKFightStick2.jpg

MKFightStick.jpg

One Question, place it in your lap for 5 minutes. How does it feel? Like a virgin and awkward, too heavy like a hippo? or just right like the wife?

One thing i'm concern about it is the button spacing from the stick. It looks like its too far apart from the stick unlike the arcade machine so guess have to get use to it but i know madcatz comming out with one that's closer.

One thing i'm concern about it is the button spacing from the stick. It looks like its too far apart from the stick unlike the arcade machine so guess have to get use to it but i know madcatz comming out with one that's closer.
Place both hands/arm out front vertically parallel to each other, now spread both arms outwards 10-12 inches apart(stick to block middle button). That's what I can tell from the pictures, shouldn't be too bad, it sure beats having them too close. When I see the Madcats stick it looks like some kiddy toy all small cramped to shit...

Last edited:
was any assembly required?

Nope just attach the cord which was inside and you are good to go.

It feels great sitting on the lap! I used it for about an hour sitting on the couch and then another hour sitting more upright in a chair and I really couldnt feel the weight of it in either sitting. As most of you know it has the memory foam on the bottom and that is a great feature that they have added!

Specs that I took are 18 inches long, 10.5 inches wide and weighs right at 12 pounds.

Place both hands/arm out front vertically parallel to each other, now spread both arms outwards 10-12 inches apart(stick to block middle button). That's what I can tell from the pictures, shouldn't be too bad, it sure beats having them too close. When I see the Madcats stick it looks like some kiddy toy all small cramped to shit...

You are really close. The distance between the middle of the stick and the middle of the block button is 8 inches. I think the distance is really good between the stick and the buttons.

I preordered the TE when it was first listed but I just canceled it. After some serious debate, I decided that $100 ($50 for the game supposedly) is not worth it in the long run. I know everyone is extremely excited about the game including myself but it really doesn't worth it to me. I have been told that the ps3 control works just as fine, even the Japanese style arcade sticks play very naturally from first hand experience. Don't you guys think this arcade stick might seem kinda of a waste unless you have free cash lying around? Obviously $150 is a lot of money even if you money available to buy it but i know most of us will be disappointed. And by most of us I refer to the frugal video gamer. If you are one of those idiot gamers who don't care about money then you shall remain an idiot and continue to spend money on unnecessary accessories.

Just curious why you spent $130 on this when Toys R Us and Frys are still taking preorders for the stick and game combo?

If you are one of those idiot gamers who don't care about money then you shall remain an idiot and continue to spend money on unnecessary accessories.

Is this where you abuse us because you're angry you can't afford one yourself? I don't see how spending money on a well made gaming peripheral makes us "idiots". $150 isn't much for me at all considering how much I intend to play this game, and I can certainly afford it. Gaming is my passion, my hobby and even my career so you know, I don't even think twice about spending money on a high quality piece of gear like this. Its a very worthwhile purchase for me and even beyond its value as a game controller because its an AWESOME collectible piece (or should that be kollectible).

Its just like how people who love their car don't mind spending money on gear for their ride. I wouldn't do that personally, cos I'm not a car person, but I'm not going to go and call those people idiots just because their views or their values are different than mine, that'd just make me a close-minded fool.

Sweet stick. I hope the PS3 version doesn't have some weird flaw. It seems like all the hands on videos/unboxings are for the 360 version, as well as the PDP tournament in Vegas is the 360 version. I hope I'm just being paranoid about nothing, since I pre'd the PS3 version with the game.

Sweet stick. I hope the PS3 version doesn't have some weird flaw. It seems like all the hands on videos/unboxings are for the 360 version, as well as the PDP tournament in Vegas is the 360 version. I hope I'm just being paranoid about nothing, since I pre'd the PS3 version with the game.

Reminds me of a funny story with my pre-order. They had charged me a ps3 TE copy and I only recently noticed it while showing off the receit to a friend. Had to go change it asap, of course. Keep in mind that I had turned in about 5-7 Xbox360 games. Go figure, lol.

Have you tried it with any other games? I assume it is compatible with any game that you can use a d-pad with, right?

As for the money, I really debated it too. But in the end I decided that there really aren't arcades anymore and I have always hated using d-pads for fighting games. So would I pay $150 for a coin-op Mortal Kombat? You bet, I would! With modern huge screens and HD output, the only thing separating homes from arcades is the stick. So to me, an extra $90 on the game isn't that big of a deal. If this was a coin-op, I'd surely spend that much money on it at the arcade. I also assume this stick will be compatible with whatever the next Xbox system is and every MK game to come out from now on . Also if the HD collection ever does turn out to be real, I can't wait to go back and play the classics with this bad boy!