Arcade cabinet at NYC gamestop

Matty Gaffney

Hey all in NYC, I was just at the Union Square gamestop (the big one on the west side...not the smaller east side one) and they had two HUGE boxes in the middle of the store. I read the slips on each box, one said "scorpion character" so I'm thinking it was maybe a statue...the other was obviously an arcade cabinet except it was HUGE/oversized (if you watched the gamestop live stream yesterday they said they had oversized widescreen cabinets setup at the launch so it is probably one of those).

The employees seemed to be starting to unwrap everything already but I was in a rush so I couldn't stick around....but maybe they will be setup later today! I am going to check it out after work...

Man I have a 40" lcd extra xbox and 2 pdp fight sticks.I just need someone to make me one of those cabinets.

I won the NYC Gamestop tournament, in which the cabinet was the grand prize. Unfortunately, it was too big for my and a few people's apartments so we're waiting for a friend of ours to get back to us on where to ship it.

1. You are lucky to even set eyes on that beatyfull machinery!!!

2. You are super lucky to live in NYC!!!

3. Can I move in with you? ;) I love love love NYC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!