This game = The greatest art direction in a fighting game yet.

Im so glad MK9 hasnt followed the trend of ugly FAT disquisting characters like SF rufus and Tekkens Bob, I know they are strong characters but making them Fat is the dumbest thing I ever seen.

You never know. If DLC is really, really successful, then Bo' Rai Cho may make the DLC list.

To the guy who started this thread: you obviously haven't played Tattoo Assassins. :rolleyes:

Im absolutely loving the MK gfx art. I think it fits perfectly. And the stages are some of the most detailed ive ever seen. Not to mention all the other little details like blood being able to stick to the characters. Well done!

The only thing I have against BB is the animation. It was improved in Continuum Shift, but compared to SF3 or KoFXII, it doesn't look as smooth (although it does give it an anime quality about it).

But overall, MK smashes everything.

Without a question the best fighting game this gen, love the "2,5D", stages, character, fatalities everything :)

Im so glad MK9 hasnt followed the trend of ugly FAT disquisting characters like SF rufus and Tekkens Bob, I know they are strong characters but making them Fat is the dumbest thing I ever seen.
Hahaha, thumbs up

i agree, the art is so good it makes no sense, and smoke while everybody was scared about his hair etc, turned out great

I agree too. The art of the levels is great but SC,TEKKEN and DOA also look great at this thing imo, but the character design and detail is way better from any other fighting game and for me it is the only time i don't care for a customization mode.

One thing that is definitely lacking is the match intros. Some of them are cool, but some of them are just corny. Smoke's is especially lame.

You're trolling right? Tekken is a very deep, and fun fighter who's gamplay has always been above the MK franchise. Only now is NRS taking gameplay seriously. Before it was only about blood and gore. Tekken is the number one fighter right now for a reason.

Currently? Maybe the most popular... But DOA4 by far is the most balanced fighting game to date

He's a great character but his hair still sucks, IMO, lol.

Thank you... And just whenn I haven't seen enough of his teleport move, when they actually win, his hair looks like he's sporting a 1950's hairdo

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just blown away about the level of art the game has managed to achieve. It just blows every other fighter out of the water hands down. The character detail and gorgeous backgrounds, simply amazing. Bravo to NRS to bringing back Mortal Kombat in all its' dark glory. :hail:

And Smoke looks AWESOME, don't change him NRS! (At least not before he turns into robo-smoke :razz:)

i think all the new tech kinda swipes the nostalgic feel the series used to have. i can remember never seeing kung laos face in combat because his hat was tilted foward. now he wears it like a john wayne stetson and i can see he looks like william hung. this game feels like everybody is back for a reunion more than everybody is participating in the darkets, goriest, most mysterious nightmare of a fighting event that ever existed. all the characters held more weight when there was less and less known about them. now everybody knows what time scorpion eats breakfast and how many times liu kang does p90-x a week. game is good, just doesent leave the mark it left in its hayday.

I'm just blown away about the level of art the game has managed to achieve. It just blows every other fighter out of the water hands down. The character detail and gorgeous backgrounds, simply amazing. Bravo to NRS to bringing back Mortal Kombat in all its' dark glory. :hail:

And Smoke looks AWESOME, don't change him NRS! (At least not before he turns into robo-smoke :razz:)

It's true, this game is a visual treat, you keep finding little details, wheter on the stages or characters every time you play.

EDIT: But i forgot to mention, I have to disagree on something, Smoke's hair, i still don't like it one bit :)

bo-rai-cho--article_image.jpg

Uh...yeah....think you may have forgotten about someone ;)