New TMNT movie thoughts

luxul

http://cinemassacre.com/2011/04/12/new-movie-thoughts/

If you aren't familiar with James Rolfe (famously known as The Angry Video Game Nerd and Board James) or Mike Matei and their videos, then I'd still say watch this anyways. Its basically thoughts/ideas on a supposed future live-action TMNT movie. What are your thoughts? How would you like to see the new TMNT movie presented?

As for me, everything they say in the video is pretty spot on. I would love to see a new movie in a darker tone. Yet still having that humorous charm we know and love about the turtles. Also, the Technodrome would be AMAZING to see in live-action. That and Krang DOES need more of the spotlight as a good villain.

Ok, now discuss!

I saw nothing about glows or buttons. I am disappoint.

They did raise a lot of good points there, but I really don't know how turtles can be dark. When I think of "dark turtles" I think of this guy, only holding a machine gun instead of a building block.

Franklin_Turtle.jpg

I mean, I guess it could be done since MK is (usually) very dark and serious and features a Reptilian creature doing gruesome things. All I wonder is how a TMNT movie could work without the guys being addicted to pizza. Maybe they could add it in as a source of dark humor?

They did raise a lot of good points there, but I really don't know how turtles can be dark. When I think of "dark turtles" I think of this guy, only holding a machine gun instead of a building block.

Franklin_Turtle.jpg

The Turtles were dark in the original Eastman and Laird comic books and it really fit them, I enjoyed the silly Turtles of the 90's but nothing since then.

Haha. Franklin rocks!
arthur.jpg

Arhur vs Franklin in Mortal Kombat! I'd pay to see that.

If they make a new Turtles movie, I'd want it to be CG but based on the old cartoon. Haha. I never read the comics or watched any other iterations. I want a nostalgic rebirth (like Mortal Kombat 2011). That is all.

Last edited:
It would be nice to have a new adult oriented live action movie. And the technodrome MUST be in the movie along with Krang. I disagree about killing Splinter... I hope they change Raphael's character though, I like him to be funny like in the 80', he doesn't need to be a complete retard with his brothers like he was shown in the 2007 animated movie. He's my favorite turtle.
TMNT-raphael.jpg

Franklin_Turtle.jpg

I mean, I guess it could be done since MK is (usually) very dark and serious and features a Reptilian creature doing gruesome things. All I wonder is how a TMNT movie could work without the guys being addicted to pizza. Maybe they could add it in as a source of dark humor?

I pressed the +new thread button.. and it glowed... HARD. :p

But yeah, in a way as they put it in the video, the first TMNT movie was a bit dark, yet still having that charm. If a movie could be pulled off like that again then we could have a winner. I mean, it shouldn't be taken so serious as the recent Batman movies (Why so serious? HURR), but then again it should be as hardcore as the comics were and still keep homage to the 90's cartoon. I think this could be done right, if in the right hands.

I'm not so much looking for a TMNT movie where there are so much real life-problems, but just a pure badass action adventure/ fantasy movie. Complete with Krang, Beebop, Rocksteady, Shredder, Casey Jones, Rat King, I mean the works. Hell, why not pay homage to Turtles In Time, too?

+reply to thread button, BOOOOOM!!!

I want a nostalgic rebirth (like Mortal Kombat 2011). That is all.

Very much agreed!

those guys are freaking pervs....the wanna see april and the turtles get it on.....but i must admit i would be cool to see a new darker movie...actually like the idea of splinter being killed and they want to avenge his death...and always wanted to see bebop and rocksteady in the movie....oh yea and instead of casey jones bring this guy back
Usagi Yojimbo
usagiturtles.jpg

I always wanted to see Bebop and Rocksteady in a Ninja Turtles movie along with Shredder, Krang, Baxter Stockman and The Foot Clan.

I hope that if they do make a part 2, it's CGI like this one, but with all the above mentioned villains:

I LOVED the 2007 movie, but it didn't have the iconic villains that I was used to :(

I saw the CGI one tripping my balls off on shrooms. I learned the lessons of life through that movie. Would love to go again TurtleTrippin'!

I saw the CGI one tripping my balls off on shrooms. I learned the lessons of life through that movie. Would love to go again TurtleTrippin'!

o_O Wtf, you're crazy man, I like you.. but you're crazy! :p

@rcx1981 I agree. Splinter dying wouldn't even be like he died at all, he's like Obi-wan Kenobi lol.

The Turtles were dark in the original Eastman and Laird comic books and it really fit them, I enjoyed the silly Turtles of the 90's but nothing since then.

Yes they were, I have a box full of old comics that has a few of the 'Darker' Turtles books through out. I have more fond memories of the animated series and live action movies from the 90's though. I missed the last animated one from 07 but I'd be willing to watch a new Live action movie even if its garbage for nostalgia sake. Hope to see the shredder in this one :)

I approve of this thread. I think the first film definitely had some dark aspects to it like Shredder's underground youth training facility. It the showed gritty side of New York really well. I would love to see a new tmnt in the same style as the first one!
Also AVGN in this video reminds me of Adam Carolla for some reason.

Last edited:
From what I've read recently this will be a live action film, I think if done right this would be awesome, I still love the original 1990' TMNT movie, I actually thought it was one of the best comic to film adaptation done so far, it was dark, with good humor, and the story was perfect, the fight scene on the rooftop at the end was great. I would really like with them to stick with a darker tone, and maybe bring in Beebop and Rocksteady!