Story Mode Opening Cutscene Discussion*Spoilers*

Osmodius

Wow, that was one of the coolest opening I've seen in awhile. I thought it was just going to open on Raiden vs Shao Kahn. Didn't expect to see all the characters dead like that. What was the coolest looking death or part to you?

Death List
Kung Lao- Shinnok's hands fatality
Scorpion- Impaled Sub-Zero's ice sword
Sonya- Ripped in half
Baraka- Head split from Kung Lao's hat
Johnny Cage- Spine ripped
Jax- Impaled on something
Noob Saibot- stabbed with sword
Sheeva- Nightwolf's arrow (I presume)

I know there are others seen, but can't really give a cause for them (ex: Reptile, Quan Chi, Cyrax...)

I think the coolest death was Baraka's lol. But, my favorite part of the cutscene was seeing Raiden and his warriors lined up like that.

Re: Story Mode Cutscene Discussion*Spoilers*

I was really hoping you had a video:( Great list the video was really choppy for me at that part and missed most of it.

Re: Story Mode Cutscene Discussion*Spoilers*

I was really hoping you had a video:( Great list the video was really choppy for me at that part and missed most of it.

Ya, only one have is of the stream sadly =(

Sorry for the disappointment lol.

*Edit*
I noticed something cool about the Johnny Cage vs Reptile/Baraka fight is that the guards move with you as you fight. Not a big deal, but a nice touch.

I only saw pieces of the intro since the stream recording was SO bad and laggy. But the deaths were really cool. Did anyone notice if the non Mk2011 characters were updated models? I thought I saw Kenshi lying on the ground and I couldn't tell if that was his Armageddon costume or if it was a new design.

Did anyone notice that it makes sense after u watch Armageddon's intro ie: Sheeva was shot with an arrow by Nightwolf, Scorpion was fighting with Sub-Zero, and Baraka was fighting Kung Lao

I only saw pieces of the intro since the stream recording was SO bad and laggy. But the deaths were really cool. Did anyone notice if the non Mk2011 characters were updated models? I thought I saw Kenshi lying on the ground and I couldn't tell if that was his Armageddon costume or if it was a new design.
Yh he is wearing the Armageddon one, the same that he is wearing in the pit background in this new MK. And also is the same he wears in the magazine that announced him as a DLC.

Last edited:

Ya I think they just used MKA's models.

I found it wierd that Shujinko was the last one seen dead, right at the top of the pyramid...

The only ones were Kenshi and Bo' Rai' Cho' ( from what I saw) Maybe is it a hint to future DLC characters?

I don't think so, I think they were just being faithful to the Armageddon intro as those were the characters' respective positions on the pyramid.

This intro was SICK; does anyone have a non-extremely-laggy version of this, or was the stream just that bad for the first hour?

Well they made true on their word, they killed off pratically everyone in Armageddon.

This makes me pretty happy. :D

Reptikahn said:
I guess Sub paid Scorpion back for those ass whoopings in the original timeline. xp Man just couldn't let bygons be bygons.

Didn't Scorpion only beat young Sub-Zero once, in Scorpion's MK4 ending?