Your Predicted Tier 1 (confirmed character spoilers)

Being predictable in a fast pace game as MK 2011 it's the disgrace and weakness where some players will pay the price for being lazy asses and not trying to explore deeply what the game engine and gameplay of MK 2011 has to offer .....

Lots of fake self-confident players will just stick up with the easiest/comfortable techniques they think the characters have and the game can provide, and so, they will be crushed for better players who waste time trying, refining combos , trying to be creative during fight, and super adaptative ...... and on this point, no matter how broken a character is that you are fighting against, the skill level and inteligence level working together prevails more at the hands of this kind of player (competitive and creative player), instead of the cheap douchebags players that win 10 in a row against noobs, but don't want to differ his own gameplay style when situations call for it.

Anyway, seems that every character in MK have tools, weapons, resources and moves to both attack and defend well, without unfair huge disadvantages, so , it's not absurd, for example, if we see people winning 6/10 matches playing with Sheeva against Scorpion, sometimes.

Amen. If people who are new would take the time to learn the game those "doppelers" would easily seem nonsensical. The problem is people easily lose to them thus they believe it makes them better.

It's circular in a way.

There is always a guy that shoots fireball, shoots fireball, shoots fireball and does nothing else.
Or the one that use teleport punch, then teleport punch and then... teleport punch. I hate when people do that!

Best thing to do is jum over the fireballs and punish or Block their TP on prediction, and then punish them. At the very least it'll teach 'em a lesson.

I wonder if there will be any infinites in this game.

I forgot which interview it was, but Ed Boon said he and the NRS crew actually brought in multiple tournament players to playtest the full version of the game and try their damnedest to find an exploit against one another.

They seem to have put in an insane amount of effort into making this game tournament friendly, which not only makes me all happy inside but also makes sense from a business perspective. As some have previously said on this thread, it is the tournament worthy fighting games that will continue to sell even after the hype.

Last edited:
I forgot which interview it was, but Ed Boon said he and the NRS crew actually brought in multiple tournament players to playtest the full version of the game and try their damnedest to find an exploit against one another. They seem to have put in an insane amount of effort into making this game tournament friendly, which not only makes me all happy inside but also makes sense from a business perspective. As some have said on this thread before, it is the tournament worthy fighting games that will continue to sell even after the hype.

Meh, personally, I think some infinites will slip through. Although yes, they did hire tourney pros to help them develop the engine [final build] ... Well other tournament friendly games with similar test groups have ended up with infinites.

Although, they'll probably be patched quickly if discovered early... Hopefully.

Meh, personally, I think some infinites will slip through. Although yes, they did hire tourney pros to help them develop the engine [final build] ... Well other tournament friendly games with similar test groups have ended up with infinites.

Patches are a wonderful thing. Because even if they somehow manage to keep the original disc watertight, I have no doubt exploits will be discovered somewhere down the DLC road.

The MvC3 Tron Infinite comes to mind lol
999 hits! YOU WIN!

Patches are a wonderful thing. Because even if they somehow manage to keep the original disc watertight, I have no doubt exploits will be discovered somewhere down the DLC road.

Exactly. Let's just hope NRS keeps its end of hte bargin.

Along side DLC *Cough* XD

Hello everyone.

I usually just watch these boards, but the answers from "NothingRhymesWithCircus" made my day. You seem like a player that knows his shit, and your longer theorycrafting-posts made alot of sense to me. Thank you for the great reading.

Just love that ppl cant accept that there will always be tiers in fighting games and that moves are just a way to win. You can call them cheap all you want, but compeditative players will use and abuse thoose things whatever you say... deal with it.
Not trying to be rude, i cant get frustrated at thoose things too sometimes though.

Ps.
@ The guy that said that Scorpion was top tier in every mk. U serious? UMK3 Much?

Hello everyone.

I usually just watch these boards, but the answers from "NothingRhymesWithCircus" made my day. You seem like a player that knows his shit, and your longer theorycrafting-posts made alot of sense to me. Thank you for the great reading.

Just love that ppl cant accept that there will always be tiers in fighting games and that moves are just a way to win. You can call them cheap all you want, but compeditative players will use and abuse thoose things whatever you say... deal with it.
Not trying to be rude, i cant get frustrated at thoose things too sometimes though.

Ps.
@ The guy that said that Scorpion was top tier in every mk. U serious? UMK3 Much?

Welcome to TRMK! Good to have another Kabal fan on here.

Yeah, NothingRhymeswithCircus is legit. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a world top 10 spot in at least one fighting game in his life. Fortunately this is a good medium for him to share his craft, unlike some of the threads on here with 10 pages on how Smoke's hair looks dumb.

I agree with CatMatazz, I think people are really silly at times on discussion of tiers. They just don't understand how they work. They don't tell you "who is the best" [Bar broken characters like Abyss from sC3] but more or less define in an equal skill battle at the highest level [though I disagree, I think if you can play at a decent level tiers still apply to me] who will more than likely win. I think people feel tiers= ignoring skill factor. However, skill and tiers are two different things.

Skill can be applied to a tier to improve a character's total potential in a match. [IE if I play as the lower tier characters, a huge level of skill can balance out against a high tier character by another skilled player (Maybe not as skillful as said player using a low tier character.]

I think it makes perfect sense really. I also agree, the guy who said Scorpion was high tier , was just trying to make another silly and (not) funny statement on "Boon's fanboyism." Which also isn't true.

From what I've read netherrealm has a system in place that can balance things out including infinates that might slip through heck I hear there's already a day one patch

Ok having seen a number of online matches, this is what I think so far (not specific order):

1. Scorpion
2. Mileena
3. Smoke
4. Noob Saibot

5. ...can't decide, a number of fighters seem pretty even

Obviously this will change when everyone has the game and can learn characters, but these are the standouts. Noob and Smoke have a lot of crazy tricks that have been working to their advantage.

Honestly a lot of guys who got the game early are not very good, luckily for them they have a three day head start haha.

This is more or less what the official strategy guide thinks:

S Tier: Shang Tsung, Raiden, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Smoke
A Tier: Ermac, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kano, Liu Kang,
B Tier: Cyrax, Jade, Jax, Kitana, Mileena, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Scorpion, Sektor, Sindel, Sonya, Stryker, Sub-Zero
C Tier: Baraka, Kratos, Quan Chi, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sheeva

This is more or less what the official strategy guide thinks:

S Tier: Shang Tsung, Raiden, Kung Lao, Nightwolf, Smoke
A Tier: Ermac, Johnny Cage, Kabal, Kano, Liu Kang,
B Tier: Cyrax, Jade, Jax, Kitana, Mileena, Noob Saibot, Reptile, Scorpion, Sektor, Sindel, Sonya, Stryker, Sub-Zero
C Tier: Baraka, Kratos, Quan Chi, Cyber Sub-Zero, Sheeva

Whoa, I just had a talk with Demetrius about this and this is the exact opposite of what I expected. Is cyber Sub Zero really in a lower tier than human Sub Zero? Let alone, is he really in the very bottom tier?

A faster Sub Zero (human Sub Zero's only downside is speed) with a teleport sounds like a dangerous character, in my opinion.

Also, Scorpion being so low? I don't know if I agree with the official strategy guide all that much.

Whoa, I just had a talk with Demetrius about this and this is the exact opposite of what I expected. Is cyber Sub Zero really in a lower tier than human Sub Zero? Let alone, is he really in the very bottom tier?

A faster Sub Zero (human Sub Zero's only downside is speed) with a teleport sounds like a dangerous character, in my opinion.

Also, Scorpion being so low? I don't know if I agree with the official strategy guide all that much.

You have to remember that reviewers (and I would assume, Strategy Guide Makers) just scratch the surface of each individual character, due to having to cover so much content in so little time.

I will repost what I sent you in a PM, just a sec:

From what I have seen this is what he has:

Cyrax's Bombs, but in addition to damage, they freeze people.
Cyrax's Teleport
Sub Zero's Freezy Slide
Sub Zero's Ice Ball (complete with Ice Beam Enhanced)
A Dive Kick

And I've heard that he is supposed to have a Counter of some sort. I hope it's like the one in DCU, that was my favorite move with Subby in that game.

But I mean, Cyrax's Bombs to cover the ground, forcing them to jump, coupled with the ability to shoot a giant Freezy Beam Enhanced while they fall back to the ground is just one of the things I am seeing, not to mention Teleport-Punch-Punch-Freeze-Combo. And his Ice Sword seems to be have certain combos that knock people back, too.

Now, I don't mind if Cybby is Low Tier, I'll still get good with him and hopefully dominate, if he is capable of doing even half of what I think he is capable of.