Scariest Movie?

Killer Ryno

Hey just got back from watching insidious, nearly shat myself, anyways...

I was just wondering, what in your opinion is the scariest movie ever???

To me, the most traumatizing was signs, that movie left me scared for months, but then again, it might be because i watched it when i was like 8 :\

Also lol at darth mauls cameo in insidious :p
images

Call me a pussy, but the Grudge and the ring scare the crap out of me.I don't know what it is about those two, but it's just plain disturbing. Whenever someone watches it in my house, I take a blanket to hide under.

The only movie that's ever scared me was The Exorcist. Most horror movies rely on startling the audience, which is cheap. More movies need to have that psychological factor imo

I agree about the psychological factor - that's why "The Ring" is by far the scariest movie I have ever seen. To this day, I still have visions of Samara (even her name gives me chills!) when I turn off the lights. She was so ugly and evil, and other-worldly. In my opinion it's the best and scariest horror movie ever made.

The only movie that's ever scared me was The Exorcist. Most horror movies rely on startling the audience, which is cheap. More movies need to have that psychological factor imo

That and Shining were pretty scary. Sixth Sense was kind of spine-chilling as well.

Man, This is the kinda thread which after a few drinks (which I've had) I could just fly off the handle on and just make a list and give explanations for each film. I will not be that guy... for now. But I've always been a Fred Head.. The Original and only original A Nightmare on Elm Street. The whole whatever you do don't fall asleep aspect. Oh forget about it. I mean you watch a scary flick and have a nightmare about it is one thing. To have an actual Freddy bad dream will screw up your nights for a long time.

Well defiantly agree with the Exorcist. Wondering if anybody has ever seen The Entity. Now that was a scary movie as well. Was based off true events about a ghost haunting a younger women. If you have not seen the movie I highly recommend it.

1 - The Thing
2 - Nightmare on Elm Street 1
3 - The Ring (Japanese Version)

Watch 'The Thing' if you've got spare time or could be bothered, you'll be blown away. Its a film that's over 20 years old but the effects and the story will have you hiding under your blanket when you go to sleep. Every time I watch it I get scared and I've seen it like 5 or 6 times.

dude, when i was a very young kid, Jaws scared the shit outta me, and gave me nightmares still to this day about sharks lol.

im a big horror fan, there is a lot to choose from
what comes to mind
1- recently "The Rite"
2- Exorcist, purely on how it mind ****s with you
3- the Mothman prophecies scared the shit out of me

Is it possible to agree with someone so much you fall in love with them?

-A Tale of Two Sisters; best story line in a horror movie imo. very original and scary!
-Shutter; the 2004 one, this movie builds a very good atmosphere.
-House of 1000 Corpese; if you watch this in the right mood it will get to you.

I've never really fOund Any scary movies scary but when they made the extended version of the exorcist the sPider walk scene was creepy as f**k