Subzero missing one move!!!

krazyhugo

Watch Subzero Gameplay trailer and you will see a move like in MK vs DC where he freezes himself and when the opponents touches him he slashes him with his kori blade! I liked that move and found it badass but it isnt in the demo!!

I believe at that time, he didn't have the ice bomb/clone, he had the MK vs DC version instead. I believe they removed the MK vs DC move and now he just has the Ice bomb/clone now instead.

I'm pretty sure that's how it is in the final version based upon videos we've seen more recently.

I'm actually more confused about the ground spike he does in some vids. He does it just like ground freeze but an ice spike comes up and hits the opponent. I've searched everywhere for this...

I'm actually more confused about the ground spike he does in some vids. He does it just like ground freeze but an ice spike comes up and hits the opponent. I've searched everywhere for this...

That was his original X-Ray starter, but it was replaced with the cold shoulder, and now it's possible to use his X-Ray in combos. With the ground spike, it wasn't.

That was his original X-Ray starter, but it was replaced with the cold shoulder, and now it's possible to use his X-Ray in combos. With the ground spike, it wasn't.

Any word (or link) on the icy counter? Im killing myself tryna do it on the demo now...

I don't really care for the "parry" ..but I'm missing a USEFUL way of the ground freeze ..this icepuddle doesn't seem useful for me at all ..either they make it faster (for example the same speed as Iceball) or they let the enemy slip on it again ..as they should in my opinion ..

People are saying subzeros iceshower is missing and thats because its missing for a good reason. That move is not very accurate/fast. By the time you shoot the ice up in the air, the player would be in a different spot resulting in the ice to hit the ground and miss. The animation/start up of the move I found was rather slow too. So you can just jab subzero and the animation would just cancel. The iceball is just a better alternative because its faster and has a better chance of hitting you going horizontal across the screen. Thats my 0.02 cents

And you think the ground freeze is a better substitute and that they couldn't redesign Ice Shower to be more viable?

And you think the ground freeze is a better substitute and that they couldn't redesign Ice Shower to be more viable?

I dont think the ground freeze is a better substitute. Nevertheless, it is one of subzeros "retro" 3 original moves he had from MK1 so of course it will be in MK9. Perhaps the iceshower can be redesigned; It could have a bigger radius and cover the screen more resulting in a better chance of contact.