Question on Gamestop/EB Games preorders

LRock414

Wondering if someone can clear this up for me...

I preordered the Kollector's Edition from EB Games (Gamestop) yesterday but was told I would get the Scorpion Klassic code when picking up the game. Now I'm reading online about some widget or something that people got?

Was I supposed to receive anything at all? I'm in Canada by the way, if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

When you preorder from Gamestop, you get the widget code first. You get the Klassic Kostume inside the game itself you got the widget yet? i got an extra code

I just looked at the receipt again and there don't appear to be any codes or mention of a widget. It's paid in full, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I just looked at the receipt again and there don't appear to be any codes or mention of a widget. It's paid in full, so that shouldn't be an issue.

I was under the impression I would get a code printed on my receipt as well... looked... no code.. just didn't bother to pursue it any further cause dealing with anyone at a gamestop is just pointless

You can download the widget from multiple sources...BUT, Gamestop gives you a code, so that you can watch the fatalities uncensored. I too, didn't receive any code on my receipt from them, even though I had it paid off. BUT, I just asked them "hey wasn't I suppose to get a code on this receipt for the widget?"...the guy must've forgotten or somethin, cause he's like "oh yeah!! sorry about that"...then printed me off a new receipt with the widget code. Chances are, same thing happened to you...I see that "3rMac Caged hooked you up, but yeah...if ya want your own, just go there and ask 'em for it.

I was under the impression I would get a code printed on my receipt as well... looked... no code.. just didn't bother to pursue it any further cause dealing with anyone at a gamestop is just pointless

I think i got one more code, hit up my inbox

Here's a cheap way to get codes too, just preorder online, and they send you the kodes to your email, and the beauty is, you dont get charged til the game ships, i got the Gears 3 Beta Code today :p....F*** Gamestop, monopolizing mother****ers!!!!

if ya want your own, just go there and ask 'em for it.

I had called them and they knew nothing about any widget and weren't even 100% on when I was supposed to get the Scorpion code. It's like this pretty much all the time with any preorder, they are very in the dark on things. I don't know if it's bad communication between the US and Canada branches or what, but yeesh.

If 3rMac Caged ever opens up his own chain of gaming stores, I will shop exclusively through him.

Yeah, Gamestop can be pretty bad depending on who's working when you ask certain questios. I think corporate runs so many promotions and does very little to let the employees know how customers can take advantage. I had to go back to Gamestop 3 times before they finally printed me a Gears 3 beta code for my pre-order. LOL, one chick was trying to sell me Bullet Storm when I told her I had a pre-order and wanted the code.

As far as the widget goes, no worries if you didn't get the code. The widget was kinda cool at first because back then there was very little info released about the game. Now there are tons of videos, a demo, etc.... the widget is pretty pointless now.

the widget is pretty pointless now.

I hear ya, but I'm enjoying it nonetheless. Looks pretty on my desktop. ;)

Glad you eventually got your Gears code. Also glad to hear that it isn't only the Canadian branches that are completely inept. :O

I had called them and they knew nothing about any widget and weren't even 100% on when I was supposed to get the Scorpion code. It's like this pretty much all the time with any preorder, they are very in the dark on things. I don't know if it's bad communication between the US and Canada branches or what, but yeesh.

If 3rMac Caged ever opens up his own chain of gaming stores, I will shop exclusively through him.

Thanks dude, If i Do get a business loan and do so, You gets VIP early

quick question: I preordered the standard edition from gamestop (because they had no more Kollector's editions) then saw that amazon had collector's editions left, so I bought it from them. the issue is I am a scorpion mark, and amazon comes with reptile costume and fatality. My "plan" was to buy the standard edition from gamestop, scorpion code would be on receipt, get scorpion download on my amazon game, then return the unopened gamestop game to them. any of my games from gamestop have had the codes on receipt, but someone mentioned earlier in this thread that the scorpion code will come INSIDE the game box? is this true? will ruin my "plan" if so.....

from Gamestop.com...

Bonus!

More details
Pre-order Mortal Kombat at Gamestop and get exclusive access to the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character Skin and the original Scorpion Fatality.

Online Customers: A code with instructions on how to redeem the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character and the Scorpion Fatality will be emailed to you within 2 business days of when your game ships.

Store/In-Store Pick Up Customers: A code with instructions on how to redeem the Klassic Scorpion Playable Character and the Scorpion Fatality will be printed on your receipt at time of game pick up.

NIIIICE! The plan is back in effect!! thanks! although.....doesn't mean anything actually. I checked the website too and it says I was supposed to get a code on my receipt for a widget when I preordered. and....no code on my receipt. that would have been sweet. I have seen that widget and they keep cutting off the good parts of the fatality without that code! oh well. 10 more days I guess.