Streets of Rage Remake

Doc Holliday

I did a search for this on here and I can't believe I'm not finding anything on it. So I figured I'd drop this little gem for those of you that don't know. If I missed it though, feel free to delete.

Let's be honest, for those of us who have played both SoR (SoR2 really) and Final Fight, I think we all know SoR was the better beat 'em-up. Funny considering FF came first. Hours of fun with that game. SoR was easily one of the best games on the Sega Genesis by far.

Well an indie developer named Bombergames just spent the last 8 years doing a remake of the trilogy since Sega effed us all and never gave us anything beyond that shitbomb SoR3 (relatively speaking).

I'll just give the short of it:

Streets of Rage Remake is basically a hodgepodge of SoR1-3 thrown together that was re-built entirely from the ground up. "New" everything. And let me tell you: IT IS AWESOMENESS. If you're a SoR fan, you will have died and gone to heaven.

It's like a 218mb file to download. Oh, and did I mention it's free?

Download link

Link to the project site:

http://www.bombergames.net/sorr_project/

I'll give the cliff-notes of that because it's a lot:

-Basically, Bombergames created a whole new story by mixing all three games
-19 playable characters including versions of characters from all of there respective games
-Characters are remastered and have new moves
-All enemies, including bosses, from all games are in
-New OST (which kicks ass)
-103 levels
-Choose your starting points
-Branching story line and levels (multiple routes)
-New and remastered stages
-Multiple endings
-A shitload of unlockable content that you can purchase in the "store" with earned currency
-Streets of Rage Maker (read about it, too much to write)

That's just a few things off the top of my head. You'd have to read the info in the link (or better yet, play the game) to get the full effect.

Some more links:

Promotional Pic

8min Axel gameplay

Intro story and Axel and Adam gameplay

New character Elle and Rudra gameplay

My friend sent me this a few days ago because he knows how much I cream my pants over SoR <3

AXEL FOR LIFE

it wont work :(

Yeah the link is down for right now. Long story short, Sega got butthurt about this release (even though they basically gave the "ok" for it already) and made Bombergames take down the link. I think they saw how much hype this game was generating (literally, well over a dozen website were covering it, including Gamepro). Too bad that Sega doesn't understand the way the internet works. Once something is put on the internet, you can never take it back ;)

You can find the download many other places, including torrent sites. Not that I condone that sort of thing :) But this is freeware and Bombergames didn't break any sort of rules so I don't feel bad about saying this.

My friend sent me this a few days ago because he knows how much I cream my pants over SoR <3

AXEL FOR LIFE

Yes. I jizz over SoR as well. 3 versions of Axel in this game. Enough to have an orgasm many times over.

But seriously guys, I can't stress how awesome this game is. I've done two playthroughs and it's so damn ridiculous. Playing with a CPU partner and it's just like having a friend play. And all these multiple routes that you can take just make the replay value on this game astronomically bombtastic. The only thing that would make this game unbeatable is online play. Oh well, can't have everything I guess. I'll be playing this beast all night tonight.