Stores that break street date in Toronto(GTA).

Grafx

What are your experiences?

I've seen walmart sell a few games early (sometimes). I've heard of 7-11 breaking street date regularly.

Also, ive seen blockbuster sell Killzone a few days early aswell.

Anyways, this thread is for Greater Toronto Area people who are on the hunt for Mortal Kombat. Post where you know of places that could sell it early based on previous experiences

There's an independant gamestore in shoppers world. They can get you what you need ;)

whats the name of the store? we got games?

if so, whats your experience with them selling games early?

Last edited:
I dont know if We Got Games sells games early, I live like 2 mins away from Shoppers World.

And I am from Brampton, I hope some of you are reaching the pre-release tourney in downtown!

no tourney for me. just going get the game as early as possible.

anyone know of any places that HAVE broken street date on games?

Fellow Torontonian here.

I've yet to find any stores that will legit break street date. I've tried a few of the smaller stores in the city, and always get turned down when I ask if certain games are being sold before the release date.

I'd love to hear if anyone's had some success. If anywhere ends up selling MK early, I'd gladly return my pre-order at EB.

I managed to get a game early from We Got Games. Not to make them look unprofessional.
Poor guys are competing with 2 Gamestops in there and a Zellers.

Tajj we gotta hook it up for that tournament bro!

I managed to get a game early from We Got Games. Not to make them look unprofessional.
Poor guys are competing with 2 Gamestops in there and a Zellers.

Tajj we gotta hook it up for that tournament bro!

What game is the question? and how long ago was this?

I'm from Toronto, and used to live very close by to Shoppers World when it was an awesome mall. Great Christmas decorations every year, fun comic shop called Heroes World, fun game shop (I think it was a Microplay?), food court that had ****roaches crawling on the kitchen walls, etc. Actually that last detail isn't so awesome, but I digress. They ended up gutting the mall and it sucked.

I didn't know there were 3 game shops in there now? Been a long time since I've visited, I should check it out.

Anyway, there was the old shop called Video Games From Japan that broke every rule in the book, but they're long gone after getting into legal trouble. These days the only store I know of in Toronto that breaks the date here and there is a 7-11. From what I recall, it was the location on Danforth just west of Main. It's been awhile so my memory may be slightly off, but that should be the location. They don't state anything over the phone though.

Taj is very close by this 7-11 so he should know or be able to find out for sure.

Hey Grafx. Whatever happend with your manager friend? I the thread called "MK9 Available Early (video) Real or Prank?" You said..

"Just thought id update this thread since its the only appropriate thread to gtting early copies of the game.

Just phoned my best friend whos EB manager here in Toronto. He does have MK copies in, unsure of how many. boxes are still sealed. will HOPEFULLY be picking up a copy or 2 in the next 24 hours. if this happens, and i get an extra copy, expect many videos (sheeva and smoke, not terrible shang tsung gameplay) and a give-a-way of the extra copy

pray for me! lol"

You posted that 4-4-2011 how did your manager friend even have the copies in when the game wasn't "gold" at the time? Well anyway what happened your best friend won't give or sell you a copy? Just wondering lol

Taj is very close by this 7-11 so he should know or be able to find out for sure.

I drive by this 7-11 all the damned time, and I never knew they sold video games! I will check with them ASAP and I will get back to you guys. What do I say though, "do you guys sell games early" or something like that? Or do I have to be more slick about it? Give me some tips as I dont wanna screw up :p.

I drive by this 7-11 all the damned time, and I never knew they sold video games! I will check with them ASAP and I will get back to you guys. What do I say though, "do you guys sell games early" or something like that? Or do I have to be more slick about it? Give me some tips as I dont wanna screw up :p.

The tip was given was that you walk up and say "I heard you were selling Mortal Kombat early here" or something like that so it looks like you don't particularly care if they are selling it early. At least that what I read someone say on this forum. I haven't actually ever tried it.

I wish I could get mine early. I've got my kollector's edition pre-ordered. I want it now! Not in 11 days!

The tip was given was that you walk up and say "I heard you were selling Mortal Kombat early here" or something like that so it looks like you don't particularly care if they are selling it early. At least that what I read someone say on this forum. I haven't actually ever tried it.

Ahahah, that could work! Good luck, even if I think no one have copies already.
More likely next week!

What do I say though

Look interested, but don't look like you're interested...

;)

Honestly something along the lines of what Kelsper suggested, even just asking for a copy of Mortal Kombat. If they say it isn't on sale yet, look confused and tell them your friend grabbed it here. Fake a phone call, clarifying the address, etc.

I'm tempted to drive down to Toronto sometime next week to jog my memory and make sure that's the correct location...Ever since the Sub Shop closed on Danforth and the stuffed beef patties went away, I've had very little reason to go around there so I've been around less and less lol.

Hold on wait, which 7-11 are you talking about? Im talking about the one in downtown Brampton... And the Shopper's World we are referring to is downtown Brampton lol. I havent been to Toronto in a while.