cool combos

rocky

BANALITY
I made up some cool combos with mileena and recorded them into a little video,

i did some with cage too but im not very good with him yet :) (too busy enjoying mileena)

once i got the hang of mileena i thought i would be able to juggle with every character straight away but it dont work like that, each players move, pop ups, etc require different speeds and precision so that you really have to spend time to figure the character out.

so i think its great that each character requires different timing to string things together, although its only split second differences you really gotta be precise or it wont work!
how cool is that!!? :)

i just thought people who havnt yet played the demo might be interested in knowing that, this games gunna be sick!

shout out to DCP for showing me how to use cage properly ;)

anyways heres the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n8isouBBJ4

Dang man, nice! Much respect, no matter how hard I try, I can not get Mileena down. That's another thing I love, everyone is different. Really gives you a sense of individuality when you find the right person for you. Guess I got lucky that Cage is exactly the style I'm looking for ;) keep it up man! Looking forward to playin you online.

I've had a more trouble with Her than any of the others as well. I hear a lot of people talking about Sub and how he is the hardest to get a groove with but it was a natural fit for me from go. I've been playing a bit more with here the past few days and I'm getting the hang of her a lil. Nice work though, look forward to spanking all you peeps come release :)

Awesome video dude!
I like your style because those combos are at the same time creative and effective in a real battle: no 25 hits wall combos or glitch based infinites, also it's closer to my style to perform shorter strings and mix things up.

Awesome video dude!
I like your style because those combos are at the same time creative and effective in a real battle: no 25 hits wall combos or glitch based infinites, also it's closer to my style to perform shorter strings and mix things up.

Yo wall combos are realistic! I'll show you later, I'll make a video of me pulling one off in battle.

Yo wall combos are realistic! I'll show you later, I'll make a video of me pulling one off in battle.

Very VERY true. My friends get pissed when I pull of a juggle about 3/4s of the way to the wall, and then I wall juggle them. They can't stand it and I love it. Johnny Cage is the shit.

Awesome video dude!

yer i prefer the combos that dont use x-rays or walls coz theyre both kinda cheating imo, but like DCP says you can use wall combos in battle you just gotta figure out what extra moves your charactor can sneak in when next to a wall, im sure every character will have combos that can be exagerated using the walls so it may be a handy thing to learn,

then during battle just keep and eye on where you are travelling within the game and when you think theyre close to the corner 'bam' pull that shit out, it should get you and extra 2-3-4 hits in :)

ill add i think it also adds an extra element to the game, for example if you know your opponent uses wall combos you will be thinking about how to stay in the middle of the playing field during the match, but then again you could secretly know a few wall combos yourself and if a player looks like hes trying to back you into the corner and do a wall combo, once they get you to the edge you could switch it round by doing a certain move or teleport or something then you do the wall combo yourself and give them a taste of their own medicine,
and if you know your wall combos you could lure people into the corner so they follow you to the edge of the screen then do a certain move or teleport or something to switch it round so theyre against the wall then pull out a wall combo,

i can see this being something for the more advanced players to get into, its not something im really into but if people start spamming me online with wall combos im gunna learn some just to give them a taste of their own medicine, but the 70% damage ones ive seen look totally unfair to be honest, but that has a lot to do with the damage scale on the X rays involved, i hope they tone x-rays down in the real game or give them a damage option coz i think theyre overpoweing and a bit of a cowards way of making a comeback,

but a regular wall combo that gets you an extra 2-3 hits in is cool :) i dont mind that

I dont think factoring the xray at the end or middle of a combo is cheating at all. To land an xray at the end you have to be super quick, and it looks awsome.

liked your JC combo at 1:10. nice video.

i'm loving JC so far. much easier to handle for me than the others. I like to be rushing the opponent constantly attacking, blocking and going forward anticipating their specials on me. love JC for these reasons.

Mileena I feel like i have no control with. extremely different.

Sub, i can't seem to combo with well but I am able to play D well with him and spam ice attacks and 15% combos all day but that gets old and I feel its cheap if it were against a human.

Scorp is good but a lot of his combos revolve around his teleport and that gets old to me. I love johnnys kicks to much. plus his popups are better IMO.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAHHHHHHHH BUDDY! Ke$ha! hahahaha

hey Peezy, we know your #1 cage fan but i wanna know is there any other players from the early MKs that your looking forward to mastering when the new MK comes out?

oh and i tried adding you to psn, dunno if it worked, not quite sure what im doing, did it work? try adding me, my psn is rockysbeats