Any 360 users feel the same way about the lack of a demo?

dude im done waiting for that d*** demo, NRS just simply hates xbox i mean thats just it no matter what they try to say it comes down to the fact the playstation gets s*** on a silver plate while the xbox got a middle finger, i dont care anymore because i came to realize this. the most infuriating part about this is you have all the try-hard playstation fans throwing it in the xbox users face for no reason? when did the xbox users throw the crysis 2 demo in your face? the ballad of gay tony and the lost and damned? i dont recall and i doubt it ever happened, then they get all upset wondering why we get this stuff, well the only way to look at it is we give microsoft our money, then they give OUR money to the big game companies who give the xbox exclusive stuff, in all respect the xbox deserves more exclusive content than the ps3 and thats just a fact. the xbox rakes in more money than sony and thats also a fact, not to mention microsoft making money of computers and software, but still they have our money and they use it well

like i said im done wait with my hand in a** waiting for the demo, i mean if NRS diddnt spend 6 months making sure the playstation was happy while doing something for the xbox we could have seen something by now

You give your money to Microsoft because Microsoft demands, i.e. requires it. What they do with it is make profit. it isn't some little nest egg that the Xbox community pays into so that money gets used to better their experience. Like a community fund or something of that nature. sure some of that money does end up help paying for exclusive deals or content etc. but that money is mainly there as another revenue stream.

Let me put it this way. If Microsoft didn't charge for live, they would still be paying for perks and content for Live. Just like Sony is currently paying for perks and its certainly not being funded by PlayStation plus subscriptions (of course these charges help off set cost).

These companies are in a competition for you to buy their product i.e. games on their console. If you are on the fence and choose PS3, that doesn't help Microsoft and they make no money. It actually hurts them because it helps the competition which has further ramifications than just the lost $60.

This idea I see among gamers that we should all just get along and get same content is noble but it is not how business works. Business it cut throat. There are investors and quotas to please. Microsoft did not see out bidding Sony on this particular deal was worth the cost. In other words, Sony successfully cornered this "market". They are betting that the expense they shelled out will be paid in full and then some. Also they can now use this as another marketing tool to show customers that their product is superior. Why do you think apple trashes all the other electronic companies (including..actually especially Microsoft). they are trying to discredit them so that people think, "O Apple is better, I'll by their products over Sony or MS."

anyways post finished

You know what, its not even a big deal to me. Many times when I see threads like this I encourage xbox 360 users to sit and wait patiently. Its not like PS3 users got the full retail game on the 15th of March. Just relax, we'll all be able to enjoy MK 2011 in 16 days.

I'm not really bothered anymore still got afew games I haven't completed yet to bide me over,the demo will be out when its out

I have both a PS3 and a 360, so I'm in the clear, but I feel the frustration of 360 dudes. I guess there is no "bad time" to release a demo, but I liked the timing of the release for PS3. I don't subscribe to "PSN Plus" and really only had to wait an extra week to get my hands on the demo. I'm buying the game for 360 when it's released, and I would like to have a spin with the controls, but at least I have a feel for the speed and flow of the game.

I somewhat agree with whoever said about the graphical content being the reason for the demo not to show.

But oh well. Sony and NRS are pretty much PB&J. Patience is a virtue for us 360 users. My only beef, is that I hope the 360 version is in no way inferior to the PS3 version (aside from the stereoscopic 3D). That would be just be wrong.

I couldnt care even if I had an xbox. If you are a true MK fan you wouldn't need to try the demo, you would just know its badass. Besides I'm glad PS3 got it and xbox didn't.

It's about damn time ps3 finally got some lovin.

Last edited:
It's about damn time ps3 finally got some lovin. & for those retards saying that you pay for live and shit on xbox... That has NOTHING to do with getting shit early.

I'm pretty sure what people meant was that the fact that we pay for service IS the reason why we get content earlier than PS3 and regular non-paying Silver Members. Gold Members who pay get content like demos and maps.

That's pretty good for 360 almost keeping up like that considering that PS3 has Kratos and 360 hasn't had anything announced yet. Lots of casual fans are probably flocking to the exclusive character bonus. ZOMG KRAYTOESS

Not really keeping up. Those numbers are just the weekly change. Overall pre-orders are 127,135 for the PS3 and 95,150 for the Xbox. Roughly 30,000 more for the PS3.

I'm pretty sure what people meant was that the fact that we pay for service IS the reason why we get content earlier than PS3 and regular non-paying Silver Members. Gold Members who pay get content like demos and maps.

I'll say this again, you are not paying for content. You're paying for online servers and because MS feels the need to milk their customers for every dime. Paying for gold shares no relation with getting content exclusively/early. Any stuff that you get earlier or exclusively is done through side deals with publishers and Microsoft. Paying for Live has no correlation with exclusive content.

I can't read this whole thread right now, so apologies if this point was already made.

Game companies are in the business of making money (like all for-profit businesses). Obviously, a financial (usually financial, anyway) incentive was given to WB (which helped fund this game we're all dreaming about right now) to have a PS3-exclusive demo for some early timeframe/window. It was prob. part of whatever deals were made with Sony for this project (which prob. also included system-specific character (Kratos) plans, etc.).

The only way we can really vote as consumers in the current ecosystem is with our dollars. If you don't like this situation, buy the Xbox 360 version (if you have both systems). If you only have a PS3, and are completely enraged or something by this, don't buy the game (yeah right -- haha!). :)

I reserve the right to be completely wrong if there was a completely different/unrelated cause, like Microsoft being a pain the ass about the approval process/timeframe for the demo or something. However, I think what I said is more likely. :)

Last edited:
I completely agree with Tedakin and Robosmoke. Don't forget that not only did we not get a demo, we didn't get an exclusive anything either. And I don't mean avatar compatibility with King of the Hill Mode. That's just f*cking retarded.

Not getting a demo on 360 isn't a big deal to me, not anymore anyway. What IS a little troubling to me is NRS' complete lack of acknowledgement. I understand there are deals in place, but I don't think they should be so vague to 50% of the buyers and fans. I've never seen a cross platform game where one side was so fully shut out leading up to the release.

I agree with both of you. Also Tedakin, I don't think the word "shut out" is right. More like FORGOTTEN! We have not seen anything on
our XBL Marketplace since the game came out. Themes/Ads/Promo's, Nothing in the Spotlight Section. NOTHING!

I somewhat agree with whoever said about the graphical content being the reason for the demo not to show.

But oh well. Sony and NRS are pretty much PB&J. Patience is a virtue for us 360 users. My only beef, is that I hope the 360 version is in no way inferior to the PS3 version (aside from the stereoscopic 3D). That would be just be wrong.

wow you got to be kidding, youd be mad if the xbox demo had online? or a few more players? thats just being greedy and selfish as hell.

ps3 already has an exclusive character, arena, stereoscopic 3D, the music render option, AND the earlier demo but youll be pissed off if the xbox demo is superior? give me a break -_-

wow you got to be kidding, youd be mad if the xbox demo had online? or a few more players? thats just being greedy and selfish as hell...

He was saying that they would be mad if the 360 demo was in some way worse than the PS3 version.

wow you got to be kidding, youd be mad if the xbox demo had online? or a few more players? thats just being greedy and selfish as hell.

ps3 already has an exclusive character, arena, stereoscopic 3D, the music render option, AND the earlier demo but youll be pissed off if the xbox demo is superior? give me a break -_-

He was saying he hopes the demo/game on 360 is just as good as the PS3 version since they are putting so much effort into marketing it for the PS3. Not that he thinks the 360 version shouldn't be as good as the PS3 version.

That is not at all what i was implying. I meant the actual retail game when it comes out. This isn't a matter of console wars either, I want both games to be equal in terms of gameplay and graphics. To have either one more superior than the other would just be wrong. And in this case Ps3 is getting a bunch of cool things, but thats not what I'm talking about. Cool your jets dude. :)

I find it humorous of the amount of time and energy people are using to argue over having and not having a demo. Seems pointless to me because it's not going to change anything. Shouldn't you be directing your complaints to WB/NRS instead of preaching to the choir, it's not going to accomplish anything venting on a forum.