Any 360 users feel the same way about the lack of a demo?

Paying for a service is not an excuse to give 360 users stuff, because that's not anyone's fault. Microsoft wants to gain money by making you guys pay for something you should get for free, and that's not Netherrealm's fault. that's like giving someone guilt for something you did.

Well, because we pay for the service we get most things before PS3 does. Both systems get usually the same stuff, but 360 gets it earlier because the subscribers pay. No one would play on the 360 Live if everything was released on both systems at the same time. That's the main selling point of live, you pay extra for early access and/or exclusive content.

I think the problems between Microsoft and Mortal Kombat is much deeper than anyone realizes. An example of this, which probably was the start, was UMK3 being taken off the 360 arcade. It was said that it may return but never did. Luckily I had bought it long before they took it off, so I still have access to it, but no online for the game since XBL stopped supporting it. This same arcade game is available to the PS3 still.

Now I'm seeing the X-Box being shut out of exclusives for this game, very interesting. I wonder what it was that destroyed the relationship.

I am not upset at all about not getting the demo on the 360 because I have access to a PS3 whenever I want. I bet those who have no access are pretty upset, and that's understandable. Completely outrageous how this game seems like a PS3 exclusive, and not multi-platform. The way the MK team has handled this publically has been complete crap too. It's time for some honesty and some direct/informative answers, because there's a lot of mad fans.

This exactly. No UMK3, no MK demo. This is an outrage. I fear that the 360 users may get shafted even more when it comes to eventual DLC, while nothing has been out to show this it's just a bad feeling that I have.. Whether that be 360 gets the DLC later or has to pay more to d/l it. ANYWAYS, yeah. I'd almost prefer they not release the game on the 360 since all they seem to want to do is spit in the eye of the 360 users, and offer literally no explanation - instead of getting high and mighty and act like they're doing us a favor with the 360 game mode probably being something stupid like Avatar/Kinect-related ********.

I don't think Microsoft nor Sony should pay for early or exclusive things. Were all GAMERS and should have the same things. Look, On Call of Duty games 360 gets tha map packs early, and that burns my Ba**s, but like gamemk said: "Money Talks" and everyone falls for money.

i agree with this post. i think that at this late stage in the game we can just wait it out. however it is kind off baffling as to why warner chose to exclude the x-box from a demo. one theory i have is that most of the pre-orders were made for 360. so to boost interest, and eventually sales, they opted to release it for ps3 earlier. i think the demo will most likely appear on xbla around launch. you would think however that because we pay a monthly fee we would be privy to the same content as ps3 regarding multi-platform releases. oh well only 2 1/2 weeks to go. i think i can make it.
That's not true... MK9 has more pre-orders on PS3 than on X360. I'm not just saying, it's true.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problems between Microsoft and Mortal Kombat is much deeper than anyone realizes. An example of this, which probably was the start, was UMK3 being taken off the 360 arcade. It was said that it may return but never did. Luckily I had bought it long before they took it off, so I still have access to it, but no online for the game since XBL stopped supporting it. This same arcade game is available to the PS3 still.

Now I'm seeing the X-Box being shut out of exclusives for this game, very interesting. I wonder what it was that destroyed the relationship.

I am not upset at all about not getting the demo on the 360 because I have access to a PS3 whenever I want. I bet those who have no access are pretty upset, and that's understandable. Completely outrageous how this game seems like a PS3 exclusive, and not multi-platform. The way the MK team has handled this publically has been complete crap too. It's time for some honesty and some direct/informative answers, because there's a lot of mad fans.

Actually, Playstation 3 and PSN have Mortal Kombat II, not UMK3. I believe that the only reason that XBL no longer has UMK3 is because Midway owned the publishing rights to it during the company's dissolve. To avoid legal issues, the XBL UMK3 was removed and online support disabled. It really had nothing to do with Boon or NRS, but actually was Midway's fault. I'm sure WB will work up something for us as soon as the dust settles for all the Mortal Kombat rights and privileges.

That's not true... MK9 has more pre-orders on PS3 than on X360. I'm not just saying, it's true.

Just backing this up with link...

Mortal Kombat pre-order numbers

PS3 - 19,370
XBOX - 15,308

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly, the Xbox pre-orders would probably be much higher in numbers had the demo been released already. Which must mean Sony paid A LOT of money for the demo exclusivity.

Yeah not to start any console wars or anything, but most of the serious fighting crowd is on PS3. Not to say there isn't plenty of very beastly people on xbox, or that there isn't a huge fanbase for fighting games on the 360 but it seems like most of the time PS3 has the bigger fanbase. Most of the newer arcade cabinets in Japan even have Dualshock slots for those who want to play with a controller instead. And MK will be played on PS3s at Evo.

Thinking that because you pay for Live means you should get exclusive access to things first makes me laugh. Microsoft are the ones that decide to charge for their online service. Publishers shouldn't be obligated to cater to Xbox users because Microsoft wants to make more money from their customers. The two things share no relation whatsoever.

Not sure if I misread your argument however the lack of demo/exclusive is because Microsoft didn't strike a deal with WB rather than NRS because from what I think I know NRS only make the game/content while WB take care of the marketing. So it isn't really down to whether you pay for Xbox Live or not, Microsoft still need to reach out to game developers to get access to exclusive content or just things ahead of competitors which in this case I'm assuming they didn't do. Anyhow i sympathize with Xbox users, we are all MK Fans but don't worry though not long now till the full game =D

Business is business, Fallout is my second favorite franchise after MK and it was annoying as hell waiting for the DLC's A YEAR after Xbox users... =/

I imagine that the beef is definitely with Microsoft and they're failure to care about its users. It seems like Microsoft didn't even try to offer NRS and WB anything for some kind of exclusive content and just let Sony walk away with the awesomeness. I'm not too irked at not getting the demo on the 360, since I borrowed a friend's PS3 to try it out. It really wasn't that impressive [the demo, not the gameplay] and 360 didn't really miss much with it. To me, however, it seems like Microsoft is happy where it's at being the leader in FPS's and aren't interested in the fighting game scene, so they didn't pay much attention to MK. But who knows, right? It could have been a huge shit storm between WB, Microsoft, and Sony over this, but without any official information it's pretty much shooting in the dark.

It would have been to hear something from the guys upstairs about what was going on with all that. Especially since NRS wouldn't just come out and say, "No demo for 360". Had there been, I would have been more than willing to accept a Gold release on the 15th and a Silver release a week later, like most anticipated games are.

I'm frustrated with the lack of information more than anything. Even a message would have sufficed. But they never denied it and even halfway hinted that the 360 demo would come out soon. Boon was asked on Twitter when the demo was coming and he said he didn't know, so, to me, that points the problem to Microsoft. I think that cements the point of they are happy where they're at.

tl;dr: Microsoft is happy where it's at and didn't bring anything to the table to acquire a Mortal Kombat exclusive. Though, unless someone official comes out and says what happened it's all guesswork.

Last edited:
Yes, its not fair, but Ed says that xbox owners will not feel left out when the xbox exclusive kontent is revealed.

im sure sony bought the rights to release it before xbox and they just cant speak on it

Not the best post to introduce myself, but hello TRMK kommunity! On this subject I just wanted to say that I think it is great that the PS3 is finally getting a little bit of love. Not that I think that the 360 doesn't deserve an exclusive kharacter or demo access. In fact I'm quite sad you guys haven't got the demo.

But, I'm tired of 360 exclusive or early demos and dlc. Street Fighter 2 hd remix, the demo was exclusive to 360. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Case West, exclusive to 360. Anime movie and live action movie for Super Street Fighter 4 and Dead Rising 2 Collector's Editions, 360 only.

Call of Dirty (phone auto correct did that instead of Duty, I'm leaving it, lol) map packs have all had early or exclusive DLC long before the PS3. Crysis 2 multiplayer demo, 360. Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV had exclusive 360 DLC (PC doesn't count since its linked to Microsoft Live) until the Game of the Year/Complete editions came out. And it looks like New Vegas and Homefront are set down the same path, early or exclusive DLC.

I think I've made my point, correct? And I'll say again I want 360 to have the demo because I want this game to sell really well so we get an amazing DLC and support. But I'm not sad that the PS3 is getting a little love.

Last edited:
Not the best post to introduce myself, but hello TRMK kommunity! On this subject I just wanted to say that I think it is great that the PS3 is finally getting a little bit of love. Not that I don't think that the 360 doesn't deserve an exclusive kharacter or demo access. In fact I'm quite sad you guys haven't got the demo.

But, I'm tired of 360 exclusive or early demos and dlc. Street Fighter 2 hd remix, the demo was exclusive to 360. Dead Rising 2: Case Zero and Case West, exclusive to 360. Anime movie and live action movie for Super Street Fighter 4 and Dead Rising 2 Collector's Editions, 360 only.

Call of Dirty (phone auto correct did that instead of Duty, I'm leaving it, lol) map packs have all had early or exclusive DLC long before the PS3. Crysis 2 multiplayer demo, 360. Fallout 3 and Grand Theft Auto IV all had or are going to have exclusive 360 DLC (PC doesn't count since its linked to Microsoft Live) until the Gane of the Year/Complete editions came out. And it looks like New Vegas and Homefront are set down the same path, early or exclusive DLC.

I think I've made my point, correct? And I'll say again I want 360 to have the demo because I want this game to sell really well so we get an amazing DLC and support. But I'm not sad that the PS3 is getting a little love.

Welcome friend :)

I agree, but this really sucks ass.
I have a 360, but I don't care about any of those exclusives.
Why, out of all video game franchises, must this game of tug-of-war be happening to our beloved MK?!?!? :cry:

dude im done waiting for that d*** demo, NRS just simply hates xbox i mean thats just it no matter what they try to say it comes down to the fact the playstation gets s*** on a silver plate while the xbox got a middle finger, i dont care anymore because i came to realize this. the most infuriating part about this is you have all the try-hard playstation fans throwing it in the xbox users face for no reason? when did the xbox users throw the crysis 2 demo in your face? the ballad of gay tony and the lost and damned? i dont recall and i doubt it ever happened, then they get all upset wondering why we get this stuff, well the only way to look at it is we give microsoft our money, then they give OUR money to the big game companies who give the xbox exclusive stuff, in all respect the xbox deserves more exclusive content than the ps3 and thats just a fact. the xbox rakes in more money than sony and thats also a fact, not to mention microsoft making money of computers and software, but still they have our money and they use it well

like i said im done wait with my hand in a** waiting for the demo, i mean if NRS diddnt spend 6 months making sure the playstation was happy while doing something for the xbox we could have seen something by now

Welcome friend :)

I agree, but this really sucks ass.
I have a 360, but I don't care about any of those exclusives.
Why, out of all video game franchises, must this game of tug-of-war be happening to our beloved MK?!?!? :cry:

Thanks for the welcome, sir! And after reading my post over, I really need to stop browsing forums on my phone too easy to make mistakes and too hard for lazy me to fix them. Anyway, I agree, it is terrible that the whole PS3 vs. 360 debacle has to flow over into our Mortal Kombat :(.

On another note, I wouldn't blame NRS for this. I would blame MS, WB, or hackers. There's a lot of work that goes into posting a demo outside of the development studio. WB could have struck a deal with Sony because of Kratos or other unknown dealings. WB could be scared after the PS3 hacker debacle. Or there could be some issue on MS's end, like the content of the demo. It is rated Mature, but can be downloaded by anyone who knows how.

So maybe MS doesn't want mothers and/or christians of the world coming down on them for allowing their 9 year old to play such a graphic demo. Anyone think of those things?

And maybe NRS' tongue is tied about the reasons why its not out and that's why there has been a lack of communication between them and fans about it.

P.S. To ToonSxO: I was not trying to bash 360 users or cry or flaunt anything in their/your faces. I was just expressing the fact that I am happy that the PS3 is getting a bit of needed love. I am however un-happy that you guys are stuck in the wind right now. But don't immediately blame NRS, there are many more factors than just them.

Last edited:
On another note, I wouldn't blame NRS for this. I would blame MS, WB, or hackers. There's a lot of work that goes into posting a demo outside of the development studio. WB could have struck a deal with Sony because of Kratos or other unknown dealings. WB could be scared after the PS3 hacker debacle. Or there could be some issue on MS's end, like the content of the demo. It is rated Mature, but can be downloaded by anyone who knows how.

So maybe MS doesn't want mothers and/or christians of the world coming down on them for allowing their 9 year old to play such a graphic demo. Anyone think of those things?

And maybe NRS' tongue is tied about the reasons why its not out and that's why there has been a lack of communication between them and fans about it.

BulletStorm had a demo, so I don't think thats it.
I think MS didn't care enough to strike a deal. They only want FPS games.
Looks like thats going to bite them in the ass, more people have pre-ordered the game on PS3 than 360.
Oh well I guess, as long as they both come out on the same day.

BulletStorm had a demo, so I don't think thats it.
I think MS didn't care enough to strike a deal. They only want FPS games.
Looks like thats going to bite them in the ass, more people have pre-ordered the game on PS3 than 360.
Oh well I guess, as long as they both come out on the same day.

But do you think Bulletstorm is on the same level of graphic content as Mortal Kombat? I mean yeah some of the skill shots have dirty names and there is gore, but do you think it its the same level of detail and exaggerated realism as MK? An almost naked woman with model damage and blood spatter stabbing someone multiple times in an X Ray move showing you exactly what is happening on the inside and then she rips off their head and noms it following into a sexually charged pose?

I still think content could be a factor.

I mean no disrespect when I say this but your post just comes off to me as one big long whine. Its business, Sony took advantage of it with WB, its how the cookie crumbles, nothing and I mean NOTHING in life is fair.

Honestly I think there are more Ps3 users that are MK fans than xbox. Majority of 360 users are playing online shooters like halo, gears, and CoD, while Ps3 users seem to be more interested in offline singleplayer games like MGS or Uncharted. Also the Ps3 has the bigger fanbase when it comes to fighters. What I'm trying to say is I think MK is a better fit for the ps3 market than the 360 and thats possibly a reason ps3 users are getting all the love. Either way the 360 version of the game looks outstanding so you guys don't have to worry about getting a shitty port. I think we should all just be happy both consoles are getting a quality MK game at the same time.