PS3 Users - Do you use the analog stick or the D-Pad?

theres no way i would even attempt to pull of the juggles on the analog sticks thats crazy talk!

D pad all the way for any fighting game. But I've been thinking if there was some way to install a smaller diameter ring around the analog stick so that it would only travel a 16th of an inch or so, the analog may work a lot better. And Zangief standing 360's aren't that tough with the d pad, but I suppose since it's release in 1992 on the snes I've had 19 years of practice at it on one console or another.

i use both :p in soul calibur 4 sophitia has a move that is (down+forward x2 & then square) its really hard 4 me 2 use D-pad 4 that move, in MKvsDC i use analog stick 2 side step since i find it awkward 2 press L2 & up on D-pad :p

Okay, honest question:

Are any of you even good at Street Fighter 4? Reason I ask is because the D-pad is a friggin nightmare in that game. I'm probably going to use the D-pad for Mortal Kombat. The move inputs were always simpler than SF's, so it only makes sense to use something where the inputs can't be confused by the console.

The Analog stick is way better for most moves. But i find it harder to do the Fatality's on the Analog stick so i fall back to the D-Pad for those. But only for those. Otherwise it's Analog stick FTW!

I'm getting this game for the PS3 only because it's D-pad all the way and the one on the 360 is horrible (well, and the Kratos exclusive help too). I hardly play my UMK3 on 360 cause the Dpad sucks so bad.

D-Pad if I'm using a controller. Now way in hell I'd attempt anything with an analog stick.

dpad. sticks are a motha f'er to use. can't wait till I get my tournament stick so I can relive the glory of my younger years.

Almost noone using an arcade stick (hori real arcade pro / Street fighter TE )?

I do. Some commands are easier on a D-pad, f.ex a simple F3. The buttons on the ps3 controller (using dpad) are similar, while on the arcade stick, you have to move the stick to say right, and press the button 3. But on the other hand, having control while playing, I find the Arcade sticks really good, you can ALWAYS blame yourself all the time. And its great comfort to play with.

I have both a Hori real arcade Pro 3, and a Street Fighter TE. They are both the same. Same components also, so you have high quality feeling. SF TE only looks a bit better.

Okay, honest question:

Are any of you even good at Street Fighter 4? Reason I ask is because the D-pad is a friggin nightmare in that game. I'm probably going to use the D-pad for Mortal Kombat. The move inputs were always simpler than SF's, so it only makes sense to use something where the inputs can't be confused by the console.

I disagree. I smash SF and I never use a stick...