MK9 Available Early (video) Real or Prank?

Shoryuken is full of shit that no copies have been shipped out considering ive seen a box FULL of MK copies at EB....

They've not shipped them yet..couple of days after it goes gold it's on the internet to download...and it's not on the internet yet....also shop managers could not resist taking pics /videos etc if they did have it... and again.. theres no pic/vids of new new gamplay!!!

i'll eat humble pie if i see you post some new stuff this week..!!

:)

Last edited:
Yea i tried calling a shop today...they said call back in about a week lol....the one local gamestop in our mall though are strick...they won't release until release date....gonna try a few other places tomorrow and see if someone has it...

what are the chances though you think someone, out there, aside from NRS people or other VIPs, that some regular joe like us has the game right now and is playing it....

Right now...kinda early, next week sounds very realistic.

We were able to get MvC3 10 days before it came out, but it was a mission lol.

So your EB friend had copies of the game before it was announced that it went gold for shipping?

I do know with call of duty a couple gamestops around here had them before they went gold and was even selling them. So it could be possible that the announcement is just late. I don't know the 19th can't get here soon enough.

Docmighty. How hard was it? Dozens of stores? What did u go thru so I can kinda prepare myself for what I'll have to go thru

I do know with call of duty a couple gamestops around here had them before they went gold and was even selling them. So it could be possible that the announcement is just late. I don't know the 19th can't get here soon enough.

The game doesnt get sent out for printing AFTER the press release. the press release takes over a week to prepare and schedule and announce. the game has been gold for awhile

Docmighty. How hard was it? Dozens of stores? What did u go thru so I can kinda prepare myself for what I'll have to go thru

Well in my particular situation, it was harder finding the store which had it in stock, not which was selling it. Basically 90% of all the mom & pop shops I called break street date. I was kind of surprised how open and care-free some of the stores were over the phone to a complete stranger about it, but I guess they've been doing it for so long with no problems they are probably desensitized to it by now.

The advice I can give you is to just be cool about it, whenever we called, we'd say something like... "My friend told me he got MVC3 here, I'm looking for a copy" or "I heard you guys were selling MVC3, do you have any left?" ...basically anything to kinda let them know that you knew the deal and aren't gonna narc on them. I guess it's kinda like hiring a hooker without verbally agreeing to pay for sex LMAO! (not that I would know of course)

Good luck!

yea but my guess is game stop is usually more stricter with sticking to release dates... much like best buy is.....unless you know someone on the inside.....it's the other video game stores, the less known ones, more local, that are less strict it seems.

i have MK Tourney Edition on order from best buy but i'm seriously considering getting a copy of the game early bc i'm just that impatient lol I'll still get the MK TE edition and just sell the 2nd game

Just thought id update this thread since its the only appropriate thread to gtting early copies of the game.

Just phoned my best friend whos EB manager here in Toronto. He does have MK copies in, unsure of how many. boxes are still sealed. will HOPEFULLY be picking up a copy or 2 in the next 24 hours. if this happens, and i get an extra copy, expect many videos (sheeva and smoke, not terrible shang tsung gameplay) and a give-a-way of the extra copy

pray for me! lol

And theeeeeeeeeeeeeeen?