$21,000 MK9 Tourney - Las Vegas, NV - May 14th-15th - 10K first place

Damn, wonder what he placed. How/who/character he got beat by.

Spooky Showed all the pool streams, I didn't see DCP at all. WTF!

This tournament shows that NRS got to nerf Cyrax asap

No.

He's bomb trap is techable. And it's like any other juggle, you can't do crap.

People need to stop throwing out the word 'nerf' just because they see highlevel players using it really good. Give the character to a scrub, I'll doubt they'll succeed.

And how the hell do you know proper matchups/skill after a month of release. -.-.

No.

He's bomb trap is techable. And it's like any other juggle, you can't do crap.

People need to stop throwing out the word 'nerf' just because they see highlevel players using it really good. Give the character to a scrub, I'll doubt they'll succeed.

And how the hell do you know proper matchups/skill after a month of release. -.-.

********s....his bomb trap is easy to pull off and is not like any other juggle, is a THROW that does about 40 % damage.
I'm pretty sure NRS will do something about that with the next patch.

********s....his bomb trap is easy to pull off and is not like any other juggle, is a THROW that does about 40 % damage.
I'm pretty sure NRS will do something about that with the next patch.

No it's not, you saw highlevel players doing it consistently at a Tournament.

Every other near top tier character has a ideal damaging BnB sherlock. Reptile has a 45% meterless combo. Sub has a friggin reset, and nearly all characters have a 30-39% combos.

Pick a zoning character than, Cyrax can't command grab you if he's not close to you. Derp.

It is like any other juggle, without a breaker you can't do nothing, just like if you're caught in a BnB damaging juggle, you can't do crap.

It's only a grab, until the bomb placement, than onwards it's a combo/juggle. -.-.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nvJJRXgoM

Take your combo pick with Sektor. Yeah nerf him too!

Last edited:
Pick a zoning character than, Cyrax can't command grab you if he's not close to you. Derp.

It is like any other juggle, without a breaker you can't do nothing, just like if you're caught in a BnB damaging juggle, you can't do crap.

It's only a grab, until the bomb placement, than onwards it's a combo/juggle. -.-.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5nvJJRXgoM

Take your combo pick with Sektor. Yeah nerf him too!

I don't know what a zoning character can do against a good Cyrax...you can't even trade projectiles with him, because net--->bomb trap.
His b1212 is almost unescapable even if you know he his going to throw you, right now you only have 2-3 frames to break the throw: is not a normal grab.
Like I said before, NRS will probably do something about that.

*Nice Sektor video

Last edited:
I don't know what a zoning character whose name is not Sub-Zero can do against a good Cyrax...you can't even trade projectiles with him, because net--->bomb trap.
His b1212 is almost unescapable even if you know he his going to throw you, right now you only have 2-3 frames to break the throw: is not a normal grab.
Like I said before, NRS will probably do something about that.

*Nice Sektor video

Eh, NP.

There's a strict window, just like the strict timing on bomb trap, that you can tech out of the bomb trap, roughly 10 frames. Just hold FP or something, and it'll tech you out.

Can't remember all the characters on top of my head, so cannot describe zoning characters ATM.

just for clarification, bomb trap is essentially this with different mixups:

Target Combo, Stun - inescapable, Throw bomb (still stunned), wake up from stun and your only option is to block or accept the next string of combos or if fast enough attempted at a jump. If you attempt at a jump you either still get hit by the target combo or get command grabbed.

So Target combo, stun, bomb, target combo
20%, stun (damage scaling resetted) to another 20-35% all in one combo. Only way to break it is at the time right before the bomb explodes so you have an invincibility window. If you break too early, bomb hits you, break too late bomb hits you during the break.

perfect legend owns all

No kidding. This tournament was rigged as hell.

PDP required everyone to play on their cheap ass arcade sticks but instead of switching them out regularly for fresh sticks they kept the same sticks in and at the finals they had a stick break during JWong vs. LI Joe. LI Joe didn't pause the game thinking he could get a free rematch and the tournament organizers told him he wasn't going to get one (Joe had only a sliver of life left when JWong's stick broke) so LI Joe comes back to the stream acting like hes a superbro by saying he forfeited the match again JWong. ***** please you were going to lose and you didnt pause it because you wanted a free rematch but it wasnt going to happen.

But you know for $21000 PDP needs to ****ing make sure the tournament is going to be run fair by making sure their sticks won't break on the second ****ing day of the tournament. Totally shit. Ironically their tournament made their sticks look bad because who wants to buy a stick that is going to break after 15 hours of play? Not me!

As result of this it was floe and Jwong in the Grand Finals and it was so completely unhype and boring. Most boring GF ever.

Last edited:
Damn, wonder what he placed. How/who/character he got beat by.

Spooky Showed all the pool streams, I didn't see DCP at all. WTF!

Yeah somethings came up and I wasn't able to make it. It breaks my heart to see Justin Wong win it. He's a chump. The Title of MK National Champion is cute. I'm going for World Champion at Evo. And I will be at Evo for sure.