Getting better in the future

Insultion

I'm not sure if this may have been asked before - I didn't know whether I should ask in someone else's thread anyways...

I am not *terrible* at Mortal Kombat, but I do get stubborn and refuse to learn much even when that's what I'm trying to do.

So what I was going to ask is: Is there anyone who is nice enough and easy to get along with that would be fine giving me pointers/playing with me to try and help me out? I get mad, and then I get mad because I get mad at a game lol. I play on XBox, no PS3 yet, and MK2011 isn't out just yet but I wanted to get this out there.

I'm not sure if this may have been asked before - I didn't know whether I should ask in someone else's thread anyways...

I am not *terrible* at Mortal Kombat, but I do get stubborn and refuse to learn much even when that's what I'm trying to do.

So what I was going to ask is: Is there anyone who is nice enough and easy to get along with that would be fine giving me pointers/playing with me to try and help me out? I get mad, and then I get mad because I get mad at a game lol. I play on XBox, no PS3 yet, and MK2011 isn't out just yet but I wanted to get this out there.

I play on ps3 but im sure i coulld probably help you out if you know what you need help with

Well, I can take advice too but hands-on and talking to someone would be a bit better for me. Not to knock the advice you can give mind you.

Off the top of my head the things I can think of are Timing, Juggling, and getting frustrated and winding up doing worse because of it. Of course I can help myself with these, but there's more I need help with too like chaining my own combos, and help with those things is still nice anyways. Of course the frustration falls solely on my shoulders haha. :)

i understand you man i get mad sometimes too. i can help if u want. im pretty decent at any of the mk games. jbell0129 on xbox live

*raises hand* I could always use some pointers too. I'm not horrible at MK but my skills are seriously lacking. I'm not too proud to admit that either.

Well, I can take advice too but hands-on and talking to someone would be a bit better for me. Not to knock the advice you can give mind you.

Off the top of my head the things I can think of are Timing, Juggling, and getting frustrated and winding up doing worse because of it. Of course I can help myself with these, but there's more I need help with too like chaining my own combos, and help with those things is still nice anyways. Of course the frustration falls solely on my shoulders haha. :)
just off the top of my head for juggling try using someone with good pop up moves like JC. after popping them make sure you dash forward, its like the only way to continue juggles. Also don't uppercut anyone and expect to be able to juggle them because they move too far away and the recovery time takes too long. as for timing usually as soon as you dash forward start doing a combo because they should be back in range. you can pretty much make your own combos so take the combos that they give you and try substituting another button or special move for the last hit. sub-zero for example if you hold back and press square, then triangle, then square he'll do a really slow combo and as soon as thats over do as ice clone your clone will be in the position of your last hit. sub can do tri. tri. tri. for 3 sword hits or tri. tri. circle for 2 sword hits and a spin kick. as far as the frustration try not to worry so much dude. I'm not awesome at the game but the good thing about this game is you have alot of time to learn it and find something that you can do that noone else has thought of
I hope this helps a little

I sent n9195v a friend request.

asddgd, everyone's got good advice. Sometimes it's just a matter of getting it out of them :p I'm happy you actually gave some advice.

You wont get better by winning, so whatever you do, take everything you can from loosing and learn from it. Getting pissed and throwing fits etc will only mean.......you will still keep getting yo ass beat.

like i tell my peeps, you aint learning if your winning. apply what you lost to and adapt and over come.

You wont get better by winning, so whatever you do, take everything you can from loosing and learn from it. Getting pissed and throwing fits etc will only mean.......you will still keep getting yo ass beat.

like i tell my peeps, you aint learning if your winning. apply what you lost to and adapt and over come.

Well you're ALWAYS learning, loss or win... but yeah, you're right. You learn more when you've got the loss and the mistakes in front of you to correct. My problem is if I'm not trying to learn, I'm trying to win. I'm a bit too competitive, and it's costing me lol. So I need to train I suppose, and get the kinks worked out. I get pissed and rage pretty hardcore, leave for 10 seconds and go back to repeat haha.