Is having rain In the game that Important?

Rain was in UMK3.
I was actually talking about Quan Chi.
His inclusion was fine but no way any other classic characters should have been replaced by him. This was a very biased move from NRS since they clearly like Quan Chi and dislike Rain.

Rain was in UMK3.
I was actually talking about Quan Chi.
His inclusion was fine but no way any other classic characters should have been replaced by him. This was a very biased move from NRS since they clearly like Quan Chi and dislike Rain.

1) It's an Alternate Timeline, so they alter it so that it doesn't play out in exactly the same way. One alteration was to increased presence of Quan Chi.

2) Rain is hardly a classic character. He made a single appearance as a palette swap ninja who had next to no story of his own.

I'm not at all against his inclusion in the game, in fact I hope he get's the Stryker treatment if he gets released as DLC. I'd like for him to get a great look, some strong moves, and a more fleshed out backstory, but I don't see the new Mortal Kombat as a betrayal to Rain fans. He just didn't play a huge role in MKI-UMK3 and they didn't find him a proper role to play that would enhance the storyline.

Since when Quan Chi is a UMK3 character? What are you talking about Fox17?

Sorry i though they were still talking about Rain, why people came up with Quan Chi? Quan Chi is an MK4 character, anyway he appeared in MK MSZ and it happened before MK1 and Quan Chi, didnt appear in MK1 to UMK3 but he was always present, resusitating scorpion and noob for example.

Though i dont think any character is replacing anyone. Quan Chi is there but i dont think he is replacing Rain, if they wanted to include Rain they could with Quan Chi included or not, they are totally different things.

back to Rain, he must be the next DLC, kenshi and skarlett, an ermac with a sword and a red kitana, who wants that? include Rain, thats a great character with his water powers, for crying out loud.

Note: If they include Rain they will have to make wet clothes animations when he uses water blast with his rivals.

Last edited:
back to Rain, he must be the next DLC, kenshi and skarlett, an ermac with a copy and a red kitana, who wants that? include Rain, thats a great character with his water powers, for crying out loud.

Note: If they include Rain they will have to make wet clothes animations when he uses water blast with his rivals.

I like you man, another Rain fan :D actually I do want those , it's true as you put it, but Skarlet won't be having kitana's moves when she's released and so will Kenshi. at least, that's what comes to mind considering EVERYONE went through a massive overhaul and became unique at last. check out Smoke for example, no scorpion spear, no other scorpion crap, he is SMOKE now. veery legit and a beast player too. the model we saw as skarlet is just an initial one I think, she'll probably have her own moveset and maybe kenshi will focus on sword attacks rather than telekinesis. I doubt they'd wanna ruin the game by returning to 'lazy' and 'palette swap' modes. I just don't know why Rain is still hidden. pasting from another thread I wrote for Rain:

"the other scenario is way better. remember the fuss about Smoke? probably the character everyone died to see due to the hair. most were skeptical or hated him due to that, then saw him and the majority quickly changed their minds WITH the hair and even those that didn't, loved his alt. Smoke really did go through special treatment this time , no more scorpion spear and such. so my point is, if Rain isn't left out, then the team's doing a good job keeping him from ANY leaks just like Smoke and the result will be just as brilliant" <- I hope we have no confirmation for Rain due to this. they wanted to keep Smoke hidden, it took that brazilian dude for us to see Smoke in action. till then they only released one picture of Smoke, that damaged model one, nothing else. if it's not that, I guess they didn't expect Rain to become so popular or maybe they did so they want him for a release after those two and maybe one or two more DLC batches since it'll be a definite sell

princepurplerain.jpg

mortal kombat has a famous actor with johnny cage. Now it's time for a pop star. Rain can sing and dance, using the power of pop to defeat his foes.

purple rain! Puurrrrrrplleee raiiiinnnn!

2) Rain is hardly a classic character. He made a single appearance as a palette swap ninja who had next to no story of his own.

But Quan Chi was a classic character from the 2D games, right? Same with Ermac? Noob? Smoke?

Come on, dude. You're making excuses. There's no reason as to why they couldn't fit him into the game. Especially with the inclusion of Sheeva and her near nothingness she brings to the game.

They took Ermac, Noob, Smoke and Sheeva and expanded on them. Yet they continue to shun Rain... It's stupid. He deserved a spot in this game.

But Quan Chi was a classic character from the 2D games, right? Same with Ermac? Noob? Smoke?

Come on, dude. You're making excuses. There's no reason as to why they couldn't fit him into the game. Especially with the inclusion of Sheeva and her near nothingness she brings to the game.

They took Ermac, Noob, Smoke and Sheeva and expanded on them. Yet they continue to shun Rain... It's stupid. He deserved a spot in this game.

I'm not suggesting that Quan Chi is a classic, but Noob and Ermac and Smoke were all expanded upon well before this game, Rain was not. His back story did get fleshed out a bit, but he's still not as fully developed as those four have become. Again, I'm not a Rain hater, I want him included. I stated earlier in this thread that he could get a killer look, some strong moves, and a more interesting and fully formed place in the story and I'd be sold on him, but as it stands now, he is not a seminal character.

I'm not suggesting that Quan Chi is a classic, but Noob and Ermac and Smoke were all expanded upon well before this game, Rain was not. His back story did get fleshed out a bit, but he's still not as fully developed as those four have become. Again, I'm not a Rain hater, I want him included. I stated earlier in this thread that he could get a killer look, some strong moves, and a more interesting and fully formed place in the story and I'd be sold on him, but as it stands now, he is not a seminal character.

Why is people still complaining about roles in the story? I dont care that! i want rain no matter what he does in the story, if he is the supreme killer or just kahn's housemade, i want to play arcade and online with him.
Anyway like everyone wants story, think this, he could be one of tsung's and kahn's soldiers like reptile, baraka and ermac, they have no story either! And i like em anyway reptile is on of my fav and what do we kow about him? that he is the last of the saurians, nothing else and Ermac? is just a dude with millions of souls nothing more and i still like him.
Background stories are not that important in some characters.

They were expanded on in sequels to UMK3, yes. But when does it become too late to extend Rain's growth as a character? Ermac had a tiny role in MK9. Sheeva had a tiny role... There really is no excuse for excluding Rain. Unless they straight up say "he doesn't fit THIS story" I simply can't find any reason for the lack of Rain in MK9.

They were expanded on in sequels to UMK3, yes. But when does it become too late to extend Rain's growth as a character? Ermac had a tiny role in MK9. Sheeva had a tiny role... There really is no excuse for excluding Rain. Unless they straight up say "he doesn't fit THIS story" I simply can't find any reason for the lack of Rain in MK9.

Yes, Ermac had a small role, but his role fit him. He was Shao Kahn's enforcer. That's what he's meant for. I have no intention of defending Sheeva because, well, I just don't like her at all. Rain doesn't have a place in this story where he's needed just yet. Edenia was barely even mentioned. Again, I want him to show himself around these parts soon, but I can see some potential reasons why he wasn't included.

Yes, Ermac had a small role, but his role fit him. He was Shao Kahn's enforcer. That's what he's meant for. I have no intention of defending Sheeva because, well, I just don't like her at all. Rain doesn't have a place in this story where he's needed just yet. Edenia was barely even mentioned. Again, I want him to show himself around these parts soon, but I can see some potential reasons why he wasn't included.

me too. TO PISS US OFF. :p dude, anyone can fit, idk why they had to leave some people out. OH NO WAIT, the only one who is left out is freaking RAIN. unmasked Subzero can't count, ffs, Smoke is in as human (would love to see robot Smoke as DLC at some point though). so that leaves Motaro who got the shaft as a boss and Rain who got the shaft as a normal player. I remember one of ed boon's tweets when asked about Rain and he said someone HAD to be left out. wtf, why? it's pointless. freaking nightwolf played a big part in this story. NIGHTWOLF ffs. Rain could have been way better and have a major part as an enforcer too or a traitor to someone or or or or or. anyway it's pointless to even argue about the story or starting the whole who has a bigger part in the story since what's done is done, but the Rain confirmation-not-happening thing is annoying :(

Baraka, Reptile and Ermac are just Kahn's soldiers, they dont have so many story behinf, why rain couldnt be just another soldier?

Note: Im not speaking against the characters i mentioned before, i like em all, reptile is my third favourite character after Subzero and Smoke.