PS3 Steroscopic User Reviews

I agree. I also just recently received the VIP theatre. It can do pretty much everything that the optoma can do. both are good options but i think the theatre is $100 more. For starters the good news is that the acer projectors are reaaaaallllly affordable now, so look one up on e-bay or local online stores, even amazon had them for cheap up to $400 -$500 dollars. Then get the projector adaptor (Optoma or VIP)
In either case, as i mentioned earlier, you'll still be saving a lot of money and you will be pleasantly surprised by the picture quality.
I had my neighbour come over last night and about a month ago he was bragging about the Panasonic 3d vierra he purchased for about $3k. When i showed him my setup, he said THIS is how movies and games should be enjoyed and walked over to his house to see if he still has some days left so he could return his TV! lol.
He's taken down the same info i've given you and is on his way to ordering this setup.
As far as the screen is concerned, i would recommend getting a "gray" 1.1 gain screen rather than white. If you find white, don't be disappointed because i used to have that before and it's not bad. With gray screens you get nicer black levels. But the beauty of these projectors are that regardless where you project them, there are options which will allow you to calibrate your settings. I've projected an image upto 110" on a yellow wall and the 3d level looked amazing even there. Really, you can't go wrong with this.
Last night i was demoing, killzone 3, socom 4 beta, wipeout HD 3d, Tangled 3d BLURAY, and the best for last MORTAL KOMBAT in 3D with about 10 people in the room and as if they weren't pleasantly surprised enough to see those in 3d, everyone was reaalllly impressed with Mortal kombat in 3d especially with the living forest detail. My older brother saw this level and the guy hanging in the background and he said it felt like he was in this level and all he wanted to do was get outta there! lol That felt good.
In either case, jump on this decision and i can assure you, you won't regret it!

A simple question: will this 3D be supported by all 3D LCD TVs (the ones where you need glasses)? With glasses, will it work? Or just these weird projectors?

@Ryyzo Thats badass!

I found the projector for $499, but still have to wait for the 3d-XL or VIP as I can't find anyone who has them in stock right now.

Can you comment on the features of the VIP Theatre vs. 3d-XL?

Do you think it is worth the extra $$$ since it claims to have more features but it does NOT come with any glasses like the 3d-XL? It's hard to tell what's what with the VIP Theater since most of this info is for the pre-release?

Last edited:
@Sub-Zera If you have a 3d LCD TV, then you should be all set with your glasses to enjoy the stereoscopic bliss with the PS3.

@Ryzzo I just pulled the trigger on the H5360 and the VIP 3D-Theatre, pj should be here this week and the 3D toys should be here mid-next week. I got 4 sets of DLP and 1 IR to test the theater on a 60hz box. FUN TIMES!

Thanks for the advice! You da man! :rock:

@AMES32 my Avatar? a friend found it, I think on Google images.

I just bought an LG with the passive "cinema" 3D, but for the life of me I can't get the option to turn on sterescopic 3D in the demo. Does anybody know where to find a list of supported hardware? I can't seem to find one no matter where I go.

I'm going to be uber upset if this game doesn't support the new LG's.

I just bought an LG with the passive "cinema" 3D, but for the life of me I can't get the option to turn on sterescopic 3D in the demo. Does anybody know where to find a list of supported hardware? I can't seem to find one no matter where I go.

I'm going to be uber upset if this game doesn't support the new LG's.

There's a 3D setting In the options of the demo. Just turn It on. ;)

Nevermind. After lots of digging around I finally found an article from Sony about configuring the PS3 for 3D. http://us.playstation.com/support/answer/?a_id=2125

The new LG's with cinema 3D will handle MK just fine. Just make sure you reconfigure the console's video settings.

I wouldn't go so far to say that it's worth getting a 3D tv just for MK, however I would say it's the best way to view the game if you do have the option.

Last edited:
Okay i did some more research and im seeing on the 12th VIP is releasing the 3D displayer that you can hook up to a regular LCD HDTV and make it 3D but it seems to good to be true is this even possible ?

I've got a brand new 51" Samsung plasma 3D tv on its way!! It should be here by Sat. Im totally excited about it. Pretty crazy that I dropped 1400 bucks on this tv just for MK9!!!! I also took a week Vaca off from work! Die Hard !!!