PS3 Steroscopic User Reviews

Cryomancer

I'm looking for user reviews on how the stereoscopic experience was within the demo?

I've read the basic reviews, that it's just the background elements that are in 3d, with the fighting taking place at the zero-depth mark so players w/o glasses can still play (genius!), but I haven't read how the 3d camera moves are, how the regular/pit fatalities and blood are, if the end montage was in 3d or not, etc.

Can anybody who has tried this comment on the experience, and describe what type of the tech they are using?

The Montage is not in 3D. The 3D effect is amazing in the background for example the Living Forest looks like it goes for miles. The gore and blood doesn't have that much of a 3D effect but the depth of the background is stunning. I wish there was an option to have the fighters be 3D too though.

All the menus are In 3D also. I hope the retail game has different angles during fatality's to show the 3D more. I like how the words "Fatality" pop out of the screen. ;)

Its kind of a bummer, in the Living forrest in 2D the crows are all blurry so I can tell they are supposed to be in 3D hopefully they can fix that

Thanks for the feedback.

Do the regular fatalities and stage fatalities do anything to take advantage of the 3d and add to the experience? ...I'm guessing no since it seems everything is at the zero-depth and the parallax takes place behind them.

stereoscopic seems like it should raise the bar, but I'm not sure if this game is bringing home the "3d bliss" that makes me want to upgrade to a new tv. Hope I'm wrong..:gr_devil:

It will, I've played lot's of 3D games, and Mortal Kombat, Is gonna be sweeeet In 3D!! I can't wait for the final build of the game. The 3D will look even more spectacular!

Wish I could play this in 3d but no 3d tv for me. I heard they'll be coming out with ultra definition within a year so I'll wait for that before I upgrade my TV.

I recently upgraded to a 3d Projector and i've tried this on my 110 inch projection screen and all i can say is WOW! If this is the just the demo then i can only hope the best for the full version. I don't have the words to express the depth of field view you get when you play this game in 3d.
For the first time, i actually got that "dark", rage fueled levels" experience while playing mortal kombat and i've been playing the series since i was a kid. I never got that feeling after mk1 and mk2 until this game.
You actually feel, like you're in this torunament! Take the pit for instance. You feel that you are actually there standing on that bridge and you better make this the best fight of your life or you'll fall down to your death!. The back ground, the attention to detail in this level and the living forest is just unbelievable.
Fatalities actually feel like it's been done on you!
Ihope some of the fatalities do give youthe option to choose the camera angles,for instance king lao's hat throwing fatality.
I would recommend anyone to play this game in 3D!

Excited about what I'm reading!

Can I get some tv/ projector recommendations? I hear for 3d it really is the bigger the better, ..true?

Absolute- freakin- lutely. Get the acer projector with a 3G adaptor and
Watch IMAX quality 3d

I played the demo in 3d, and I also played the updated PAX demo in 3d. The difference was huge! Which just tells us, the newer the build the better the effects. So when the final build drops.......look out!!

@Ryyzo which acer are you using? I wasn't considering a projector before, but you got me thinking...

Any other 3d enthusiast out there with some suggestions?

Last edited:
Is it true that MK9 played in stereoscopic will be down-converted to 720p?

I just read that PS3 does this with most games to keep up with the 60p/120hrz refresh rate, but there are some exceptions that supposedly do play in 1080..

If it does max out at 720p (without any upressing) then I may have to go with the Acer H5360BD when it comes out.

the games native resolution will be 720p.. and upscaled to 1080p....

"Is it true that MK9 played in stereoscopic will be down-converted to 720p? "
It's native is 720p so it's NOT downgraded to 720p..just stays as it is

Cool, thx Craig Dobson.

Looks like a couple of you have a DLP setup with your TVs/Projectors, are any of you having issues with the "rainbow effect" from it's color wheel when in 3d/2d?

Im sooo jealous i wish i had a 3DTV.. i went to the sony store in this one mall awhile back and tried the 3D with GT5 it was awesome. Also motorstorm was shown in 3D and the grass effect was nice and the smoke from the engine was cool. My only problems with it was that it made the game a little darker but thats it.

Im sooo jealous i wish i had a 3DTV.. i went to the sony store in this one mall awhile back and tried the 3D with GT5 it was awesome. Also motorstorm was shown in 3D and the grass effect was nice and the smoke from the engine was cool. My only problems with it was that it made the game a little darker but thats it.

I'm gonna avoid experiencing such demos because I don't want to get excited and impulse buy this stuff. That's always a problem with me. I've been talking myself out of getting the Tournament Edition for weeks. I have zero experience with a stick but I'm so intrigued.

@Cryomancer. Ok. Few things you should know before getting the new acer projector coming out. I was very close to pulling the trigger on that one but instead decided to go with the Acer H5360 + the 3d optoma adaptor because the flexibilty of options you get with the optoma adaptor is more than what would probably be avaialble with the new acer BD projector. Stuff like chckerboard, SBS and /or Frame by frame projection will be supported or not.
If you're like me and you're too concerned about 1080p 3d gaming, then don't be becuase i can assure you for the price you may be spending on the acer bd projectorvs the cost for an acer h5360+ the optoma projector will still be more. The latter was the better option for me and i can assure you the quality of difference between 1080p 3d and 720p 3d is minimal when using a projector. I get IMAX quality sharpness and level of detail and it is amazing! Not to mention that the acer projector plus the adaptor combo will be waay cheaper then a newacer h5360bd projector.
You will not regret this decision and not to mention the savings you'll get!

:hail:mad:Ryyzo

The whole setup looks badass and affordable!!

Now I am trying to find the 3d-XL, but it appears no one will have it in stock till the end of April. Is there another solution you would recommend for the H5360 or do you think I should wait it out?

..and last question, is there a certain screen you recommend?

Thanks again for the recommendations, I can't wait to play the game with this setup!!

Last edited: