Would YOU go back to MK in the arcades?

r0z

I know what you're thinking "Another post by r0z, jeesh!" But I was thinking and wanted to know what other MK fans think:

If Midway and Ed Boon had the most RISKY and CRAZIEST idea and they, sometime in the near future, put another Mortal Kombat back in the arcades, would the crowds come back? Is there still a market for it? I'm leaning more to the "not likely" but I really miss MK in the arcade.

What do you guys think?

I havnt been to an arcade in years, but at a couple pool halls and other places I go to, they still have the arcade versions of MK 1, 2, and 3, and I play em a little when I go. As far as I'm concerned MK arcades are classics, and classics never get too old to play.

undertaker3x7 said:
I havnt been to an arcade in years, but at a couple pool halls and other places I go to, they still have the arcade versions of MK 1, 2, and 3, and I play em a little when I go. As far as I'm concerned MK arcades are classics, and classics never get too old to play.

Couldn't agree more. Those are classics and I never tire of playing them.
But every damn bar and pool hall I go to has some Golden Tee game or one of those hunting games, or some other lame ass bullshit.

lol i hear you bro. fuck golden tee. lucky the local strip club has MK2 near the atm machine so rock on!

BeyondContempt said:
undertaker3x7 said:

Couldn't agree more. Those are classics and I never tire of playing them.
But every damn bar and pool hall I go to has some Golden Tee game or one of those hunting games, or some other lame ass bullshit.

I hate seeing those damn golden tee games, ive never played em and never will, theyre just gay. But most of the pool halls here in san antonio have at least 10 or more different arcade games, and most of em are older arcades that kicked ass

I dunno if i would or not... i came close to playin MK II in a bar aorund here awhile back.. if only my GF wasnt with me and wanted attention i probably would have...lol... but with the online play for MK Deception, and the likelihood of all future MK games being online capable, i doubt i would ever go back to the arcade to play em, unless the graphics were full virtual reality...minus the pain of course...lol

I'd go. Sometimes I'll go into the arcade here and see a couple kids playing Soul Calibur or something, and I just think, "man, I'd so like to whoop their little asses at a good ol' game of Mortal Kombat". Also, considering I wasn't very good back when MK was in arcades (I beat newbies easily, but that was about it), I'd like to play the new games now against people given my newfound "skills". Of course, I guess I could get Xbox Live, too.

Guys, arcades are very quickly becoming extinct. Technology has advanced to the point where the quality of game possible on an arcade machine is actually surpassed by that of the home systems. Of course, I abhor the negative effect that this has on social capital...

Love Cowboy said:
Guys, arcades are very quickly becoming extinct. Technology has advanced to the point where the quality of game possible on an arcade machine is actually surpassed by that of the home systems. Of course, I abhor the negative effect that this has on social capital...

You hit it right on the money with that one. BUT WHY does it have to be this way? I remember that the arcade technology would always be one step ahead of what we all had at home. Why can't it still be that way? Look at Japan!!! There's still a market for arcades there!!

I also loved the social scene at the arcades, ESPECIALLY with MK. Online is a step closer, but it's nowhere near the same.

*sigh*

Being a former MK 2 tournament champion here in my hometown, I'd go back just for the notoriety that came along with it. Nothing like having everyone watching you whoop ass. Those were the days.

The only thing really keeping arcades alive right now would be games like DDR. If MK came back to the arcades, I think it would end up like Soul Calibur. People would play it, but not much.

If MK came back to the arcades I would be first in line...I truly miss the days of showing up and seeing who was at the machines, and then going on an hour long winning streak while everyone put their quarters up for next game...I will never forget those old times...(sigh)...