Drahmin

Jade

Drahmin

Drahmin.gif

Height: ?
Weight: ?
Resides: Netherrealm

The two Oni known as Moloch and Drahmin are allies. They roamed the 5th plane of the Netherealm in search of damned souls to torment. After many centuries, the two demons came upon a battling Scorpion and Quan Chi. Quan Chi, sorely pressed by Scorpion, pleaded for aid from the Oni. Drahmin and Moloch intervened and drove off Scorpion. Demanding payment for their services, Quan Chi agreed to liberate them from Netherealm. The Oni agreed and led the sorcerer to an ancient structure rumoured to be a gateway to other realms.

Quan Chi studied the ruins and discovered that it was a dormant portal that could be used with Shinnok's amulet, now in his possession. Suddenly, Scorpion attacked again and Quan Chi took advantage of the distraction to activate the portal and escape from the Netherrealm. The portal had not yet closed before all four managed to pass through. The two Oni found themselves in Outworld with Scorpion and Quan Chi nowhere to be seen.

Now free, Drahmin and Moloch began searching for Quan Chi. They scoured the wastelands and killed all they encountered. Before their encounter with Shang Tsung, they encountered the cyborg Cyrax and Li Mei. Both escaped the Oni's clutches. Shang Tsung found the pair after he and Quan Chi had formed the Deadly Alliance. He employed them as a safeguard measure against any treachery from his partner. He kept the Oni hidden beneath his palace and paid the Oni with both mortals to feed upon and the promise of revenge against Quan Chi.

While waiting for their opportunity, the Oni once again encountered Scorpion. This time, the demons overcame the ninja spectre. Knowing that they themselves were unable to devour the spectre, they instead disposed of him by throwing him into the Soulnado.

In Mortal Kombat: Armageddon's Konquest Mode, Drahmin is once again in the Netherrealm. While it is unknown how he was sent back there, it is revealed that he spent the next few years wandering aimlessly throughout the Netherrealm Cliffs and feasting on any demons he encountered. Taven then came across him, they fought and Taven won.

In his Armageddon ending, the power of the gods gets infused into Drahmin's mask, which then causes him to grow three times his normal size. He then turns on Moloch, which then the game states that his bloodlust has only just begun.

Signature Moves
Ball-O-Flies (MK:DA, MK:A)
Propeller Clock (MK:DA, MK:A)
Rising Uppercut (MK:DA, MK:A)
Ground Smash (MK:DA, MK:A)

Fatalities
Club Smash (MK:DA)​

I think the giant club on his arm (like Baraka's claws) make him a pretty unique character. Plus, the flies around him at all times make him interesting. I like him.

But I think he needs more development, visually wise. Most people describe him as just a corpse with a club and a mask on. And maybe he is! But I think he has enough potential to demand further enhancement. Plus he should be more than just a demon from the Netherrealm.

True, I hope they expand on his DA ending where he turns human. Moloch could spend his life trying to convert him back into a demon, while Drahmin tries to turn his Oni friend into a human again.

I always did like Drahmin. Hopefully he'll be back in the future.

And goddamn it, can you imagine how sick his fatalities could be now?

I always did like Drahmin. Hopefully he'll be back in the future.

And goddamn it, can you imagine how sick his fatalities could be now?

Brutal beatings and cannibalism?
Hell yeah I can picture that!

I liked Drahmin and Moloch the pair, they were an independent force in Deadly Alliance with loose allegiances to either Shang or Quan Chi. Drahmin was a lesser Moloch he had no combos just alot of cool special moves and you gotta love the flies/ ball-o-flies. I didn't like how he changed masks with fighting styles in Deadly Alliance but they changed it in Armageddon.

I love Drahmin.

Was he worth the 6000 koins in Deadly Alliance?

You bet your sweet ass he was.

His nether realm and Oni fighting stances were cool and unique, the really , really high kicks of un-real flexibility. He had alot of cool motions and ways of swinging his club. There were plenty of powerful swings that would bounce you off the ground for juggling or up into the air for juggling. He's a monster like Baraka, a real horror in Kombat.

Last edited:
I totally like Drahmin because he is the defenition of terror. His body, flies and together with the constant screaming make this guy one Oni you don't want to meet in the Living Forest.

Gameplay-wise, I prefer Drahmin sometimes because I like the whole slow-but-powerful idea. The Kun-Lo mask, kanabo club and decaying body make Drahmin quite a distinct character.

One thing I wish they did was to expand the story of his mask. Who is Kun-Lo? How did Drahmin come to fine it, and where? What other properties could it posess?

Last edited:
Hopefully they can expand on it in future games. I do like his slow-but-powerful style as well. He has the potential to be a unique fighter, as he would most likely not be a grappler. If the flies do make a return in a future game, leave the lame projectile out

Drahmin is a character where you should really "flesh" him out! No seriously, his club, design and flies make him look awesome. They could make his appearance a bit more fleshy and maybe add some rags on him. Not straps, just rags. Grey and bloodstained.

His story could be a bit better too. In the MK10 game they will probably use MK4 story. Since he and Moloch are from the Netherealm, there is a good chance we will either see them or have them referenced.

I always called this guy stinky

He's not the worst character though, The idea of a zombie looking trabal warrior is pretty cool, but once again they failed to fully flesh him out like alot of others. Besides Havik and Hotaru, this guy sometimes comes to mind as someone I maybe want to see. MAYBE

That's the thing though. Everyone, save a few characters, from MK4+ either had a horribly bland moveset or weren't properly fleshed out. It's hard to like a character that is basically an inspired knockoff of a previous character. Drahmin had a great start, they just gave him a bland moveset

He was my favorite new character after the Trilogy game. He was actually different not a palette swap. Loved the propeller arm move.And he had a shoruken, i mean come on thats awesome. I think he was the only character that didnt have any combos, u had to make them up yourself, 2 propellers into a shoruken.

As others have said, just give Drahmin the ability to control insects.

Not that throwing flies ********, but summoning those beetles from the Mummy movie.

As others have said, just give Drahmin the ability to control insects.

Not that throwing flies ********, but summoning those beetles from the Mummy movie.

no thanks his name is Drahmin not Mr Oogie Boogie! He's not the king of insects, he just smells so the flies follow him.