Taven

Jade

Taven

250px-MKA_Taven_Render.png

Height: 6' 1½"
Weight: 197 lbs, with armor 220 lbs
Resides: Edenia

The Konquest Mode in Armageddon revolves around a contest between Taven and his brother Daegon set by their father to save the realms from Armageddon. They are sent to Earthrealm and are kept in incubation by two dragons, Caro and Orin, until Blaze calls for them to be awakened and the quest to begin. Their task is to find and defeat Blaze. The victor would succeed his father's place, becoming a full god and Protector of Edenia. He would also decide the fate of the rest of the combatants.

When Taven is released by his dragon, Orin, he finds that his brother, Daegon, had been prematurely awakened centuries ago. Taven soon discovers that his brother had become corrupted during this time. Daegon's dragon, Caro, reveals to Taven that Daegon had killed their parents and formed the Red Dragon clan in order to locate Blaze sooner, as well as to eliminate the competition: his own brother.

Eventually, Taven confronts Daegon in battle on the edge of the crater that Armageddon is said to begin in. Taven emerges victorious, defeating his brother. The Pyramid of Argus then rises from the ground nearby. Fighting his way to the top, Taven finally reaches the end of his quest to save the realms and decide the fate of the other fighters. Not knowing if his victory would disarm the rest of the combatants or kill them all, Taven manages to defeat Blaze in Mortal Kombat. In the end, however, his victory over Blaze does neither of the above, instead actually increasing the powers of the kombatants below, potentially exacerbating the onset of Armageddon. As a result, Taven will make it his duty as god to prevent Armageddon or the one being might return; he must do this until a solution can be found.

Signature Moves
Fireball / Inner Fire (MK:A)
Ground Pound / Ring of Hatred (MK:A)
Godly Charge (MK:A)
Speed of Light (MK:A)
Escape Move (MK:A)
Time Stop (MK:A)

Fatalities
Head Pop (MK:A)
Thrust Punch (MK:A)
Torso Rip (MK:A)
Neck Snap (MK:A)​

I wonder if he'll play a role in the new MK? His ending did have him becoming the protector of Edenia; he also said that he would try to stave off Armageddon, but being that Raiden gets killed by Shao Kahn (after Raiden sends the message to his past self) I'm guessing he failed.

I wonder if he'll play a role in the new MK? His ending did have him becoming the protector of Edenia; he also said that he would try to stave off Armageddon, but being that Raiden gets killed by Shao Kahn (after Raiden sends the message to his past self) I'm guessing he failed.

Yes, Taven supposedly lost, Shao Kahn won.

I don't dislike any kharacters but he was okay. I wonder if he will be in the intro of story mode.

Most likely, From what I've read, The story mode starts off by showing Shao kahn About to Finish Raiden at the Pyramid, So I would guess Taven is crawling around defeated somewhere.

What don't you like about him? I thought he was okay.

We were blind sided by his presence, it felt offensive IMO.
MK had a great cast of elite characters, and (in what was supposed to be the final Mortal Kombat game) this guy shows up and is the main character? **** that, and **** him. Excuse my language baby, daddy just gets so flustered by Taven taking over Shujinko's rightful place.

I don't dislike any kharacters but he was okay. I wonder if he will be in the intro of story mode.

I'm thinking the same thing too. He was a pivotal part of Armageddon after all, would be kinda weird if he just disappeared. Then again, with past Raiden being informed of the events coming, maybe Taven's role ends up becoming diminished or something.

We were blind sided by his presence, it felt offensive IMO.
MK had a great cast of elite characters, and (in what was supposed to be the final Mortal Kombat game) this guy shows up and is the main character? **** that, and **** him. Excuse my language baby, daddy just gets so flustered by Taven taking over Shujinko's rightful place.

Couldn't we say the same thing about Shujinko in Deception? He kinda came out of nowhere too, even worse was that he had no powers of his own. (note: I actually like Shujinko more than I do Taven btw lol)

Most likely, From what I've read, The story mode starts off by showing Shao kahn About to Finish Raiden at the Pyramid, So I would guess Taven is crawling around defeated somewhere.

Or dead in the back.

Excuse my language baby, daddy just gets so flustered by Taven taking over Shujinko's rightful place.

Sorry dude but I disagree with you. Shujinko took Liu Kang's rightful. They had two attempts to replace Liu Kang and it didn't work. Neither one of them deserve it.

I'm thinking the same thing too. He was a pivotal part of Armageddon after all, would be kinda weird if he just disappeared. Then again, with past Raiden being informed of the events coming, maybe Taven's role ends up becoming diminished or something.

I honestly think that was a GREAT idea about Armageddon. I just think they just need to make it much better and make it involve klassic kharacters instead of these new ones.

I guess I'm a little bias when it comes to this discussion. I felt an emotional attachment to Shujinko after MK:D's Konquest. And when Taven essentially replaced him as the protagonist, I instantly hated him.

Also Shujinko's moves are move unique than Taven's. Shujinko goes on a quest that lasts for years, he trains with the world's finest warriors. That is why he knows their moves. Taven shoots fireballs. Why? Because his father is a god we have never heard of, hooray.

EDIT: @ Aldo, Liu Kang was dead at the time of Shujinko's journey, Liu is also too important to go on such a trivial quest. Which is why Onaga figured Shujinko would be a much easier puppet.

Last edited:
I guess I'm a little bias when it comes to this discussion. I felt an emotional attachment to Shujinko after MK:D's Konquest. And when Taven essentially replaced him as the protagonist, I instantly hated him.

Also Shujinko's moves are move unique than Taven's. Shujinko goes on a quest that lasts for years, he trains with the world's finest warriors. That is why he knows their moves. Taven shoots fireballs. Why? Because his father is a god we have never heard of, hooray.

You have no idea how I feel when it komes to shit like this man. Liu Kang is my hero and they tried to kill him and replace him:(. I get emotional too! Lets chill out tho.

Not gonna lie, Shujinko is much better in everything than Taven. And he was a half God.

I honestly think that was a GREAT idea about Armageddon. I just think they just need to make it much better and make it involve klassic kharacters instead of these new ones.

I still think Armageddon had the best opening of all the MKs so far. I still remember Li Mei getting impaled by Hotaru in the beginning lol. It would be pretty cool to have just classic characters in a similar opening though.

Lol, you do have a point, Taven's specials were pretty much all fire related; the one thing I didn't like about him was how naive he could be during the story; Shinnok's in the Netherrealm for a reason jeez; that incubation excuse can only cover up so much lol. It was pretty cool playing as a half god though whenever you played as Taven; oh yeah, Taven did rescue Shujinko too btw lol.

Taven did rescue Shujinko too btw lol.

This

This is why I hate Taven, and why I hate Armageddon.

Shujinko at the end of Deception " It was not by chance this struggle came to be. . . . . I must undo this chaos, forged by deception" something like that.

Opening of Armageddon, Shujinko gets ***** slapped by Sheeva.

I can't express my anger enough about this. So I cut off my nipples and have sent them to you.

This

This is why I hate Taven, and why I hate Armageddon.

Shujinko at the end of Deception " It was not by chance this struggle came to be. . . . . I must undo this chaos, forged by deception" something like that.

Opening of Armageddon, Shujinko gets ***** slapped by Sheeva.

I can't express my anger enough about this. So I cut off my nipples and have sent them to you.

I'm sure Mileena would love your nipples as a present.... but yeah they did screw Shujinko over. Maybe they'll do the same to Taven in MK9. Thats one of the great things about MK9, with Raiden being warned of the events, there are so many "what if" thoughts that come to mind regarding the timeline after MK9 ends. A thought just came to my mind too, Taven had control over time (i.e. freezing time); with him defeating Blaze and gaining his power perhaps theres a chance he does play a part in MK9; just a thought. (I heard he was a cameo character but so was Kitana in Khan's Coliseum)

I like Shujinko better than Taven. Taven is just too generic, his appearance, his moves, even his story, doesn't matter if he's half-good. Now Shujinko, he was somewhat original, I know he only had moves from other characters, but it was cool, his powers were to absorb other powers, so he could make some power combinations other characters couldn't. He is old, it gives a feeling of wisdom. And he was deceptioned into going on a quest to bring Onaga the means to destroy the realms, which is better than a quest for a half-god to try to kill all the characters we love.

Ya Post MKDA I always thought of Shujinko being the main Kharacter. Taven is alright though I just didnt really care the way they through him in there