Taven

Taven is really overpowered if you use him right. I was good with him, but never likedplaying as him because he's so easy to win with.

I would like to see Taven make a come back.

I liked the concept for the character, I just feel that because of Armageddon becoming the rush job product that it was, Taven didn't really become the character that he could have been.

He's pretty cute and is one of the smaller male characters in MKA. I'd definitely like it if he replaces Kung Lao ond/or Liu Kang.

I would like to see Taven make a come back.

I liked the concept for the character, I just feel that because of Armageddon becoming the rush job product that it was, Taven didn't really become the character that he could have been.

me too.taven will be great in future games.he will be an awesome god!

Taven is the lamest character in MK history imo.

Meat & Mokap were joke characters, JOKE characters.
No one was ever supposed to take them seriously, but of course they do.

Taven was some last second hero who was generically slapped together within about 1 hour.
He looks more like a background soldier than a playable character. What does he do?
He uses fire attacks, like almost every other mother ****er in MK.

I usually defend the post UMK3 characters, but Taven will never see a Rebuilding on my behalf.

F*ck Taven in his ass hole.
I hate that piece of shit and always will.
Daegon too, utter ball men.
Total bull shit munchers.

I'm jumping on the Shujinko >>>>>> Taven bandwagon. Because I think it's true.

As someone said in the Shujinko thread, it turns out that Shujinko's life really wasn't wasted like people thought. He was really able to travel and learn as many martial arts as he could, which is the dream of a true martial artist. And you feel this connection to Shujinko as you play through Deception's konquest, I'll give him that. So yeah, I really do appreciate Shujinko a lot more now, and would be more than willing to welcome him into a future MK game.

Taven, however, sucks. You really can't feel that "connection" that you could with Shujinko. Taven didn't really interact with people other than getting into random fights with them. He didn't train with anyone. He was just "o hai im a demigod with generic fire powerz". Nothing special. I saw no real development in Taven, whereas Shujinko probably may have reached enlightenment at some point.

And his design is one of the most generic I've ever seen. Also, he reminds me of Drake of the 99 Dragons.

Taven, however, sucks. You really can't feel that "connection" that you could with Shujinko. Taven didn't really interact with people other than getting into random fights with them. He didn't train with anyone. He was just "o hai im a demigod with generic fire powerz". Nothing special. I saw no real development in Taven, whereas Shujinko probably may have reached enlightenment at some point.

Yes yes yes yes yes ye syes yes yes!

I legitimately felt like I knew Shujinko at the end of Deception.
I went through that guy's entire life.
Watched him develop enemies & alliances.
Helped him through impossible odds & conquer the greatest of foes.

And you are completely right.
It seemed like with Taven the only interactions he had were "Hay im here omma mishin. Imma beat you up!"

Yes yes yes yes yes ye syes yes yes!

I legitimately felt like I knew Shujinko at the end of Deception.
I went through that guy's entire life.
Watched him develop enemies & alliances.
Helped him through impossible odds & conquer the greatest of foes.

And you are completely right.
It seemed like with Taven the only interactions he had were "Hay im here omma mishin. Imma beat you up!"
This exactly. I loved the deception konquest mode for another reason that it showed a lot of different sides of various other characters. Who would have ever thought Baraka had an honourable and compassionate side to him? He taught Shujinko his fighting style and also allowed him safe passage out of Outworld, though it was against the orders of Shao Kahn. The konquest mode was truly a gem, nothing ever in other MK games (including MK9) has explored characters in this way.

There was aboslutely nothing like this in the Armageddon konquest mode. It was nothing but a blot in the Mk lore.

I did enjoy the MK: Armageddon konquest but it was nowhere near as great as MKD one. It was mostly focused on action in contrast to MKD, which put emphasis on the story. Taven would have been a better character if he had some unique moves, for instance it would be cool if he could use time stop as a special move in 1 vs 1 fights..instead he got the groundpound and a fireball - how original.