Stryker

Stryker is NOT Earth with fantasy elements. Sonya & Jax are. Stryker isn't. He doesn't belong.

On that note, I can say everyone that appeared after MK3 doesn't belong, because the story went completely berserk and weird at that point. There's nothing wrong with Stryker. He's the Batman of the MK world. He's gorgeous, certainly better looking than any other character in the game now (except maybe Nightwolf!).

I love the idea of a character without fantasy elements. It really brings immersion into the equation--it's not just a fighting game anymore, it's a story to be told.

Plus there's nothing more satisfying than wondering what the hell is going through, say, Quan Chi's mind as he's being pounded by a regular old beat cop. ;)

Edit: Did I mention that Stryker gave me a cop fetish? :|

I started using him in MK9 recently and must say I love him. His combos are so brutal!

Still having trouble linking his Roll move at the end of the combo... do I wait until they hit the ground or do I do it immediately after the last hit?

Now I remember why he was my second favorite character in MK3 (besides Sub)!

:-D

Last edited:
I started using him in MK9 recently and must say I love him. His combos are so brutal!

Still having trouble linking his Roll move at the end of the combo... do I wait until they hit the ground or do I do it immediately after the last hit?
Now I remember why he was my second favorite character in MK3 (besides Sub)!

:-D

Try doing it immediately after the last hit; the cool thing about Stryker in MK9 is that you can link his roll into a lot of combos if you time it right. Hope it works for ya. I used Stryker the most in UMK3, used to piss my brother off, especially when I'd beat him whenever he had Noob (then he'd say I was lucky because Raiden wasn't in the game lol).

My favorite character shame hes so hated though :(

Yeah, sucks that he's hated so much. MK9 has definitely helped his image though. I'm seeing a lot more Stryker fans :)
Oh yeah, join Team Stryker! ;)

I've been tempted to drop Stryker at times, but I'm hardheaded... I was playing some Sektor on the side though before my PS3 YLOD'd on me :/

The thing about stryker that people hate about him is his gun move. in MK3 he sucked because his attacks were easy to block and he didnt have his gun move. Then when the gun move was introduced in UMK3, people were jealous how stryker kicked thier @$$.

The gun was one of the reasons why I liked Stryker so much; that and his baton sweep. I thought that looked so awesome when I started playing UMK3. He's still my favorite MK character to date.

I had been playing Johnny since the release of the demo and dropped him about a month or two ago for Stryker. Never looked back. Stryker's special moves and martial arts style is so much more satisfying.

He doesn't belong.
He fits, just not in a way you'd think

We're talking about a series that has ninjas, cyborgs, warlords, demons, four-armed beasts, thugs with laser eyes and gods all in one game. Stryker is the only real outlier in the entire series so in an odd, paradoxical kind of way, he does fit in MK

He is really the only realistic person in the MK Series
Or unless he has some magic power he can shoot out of his hands that I don't know of